PDA

View Full Version : Damn few.

krisjon
12-09-12, 23:12
Rest easy, warrior and hero. On to Valhalla.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/09/world/asia/afghanistan-taliban-rescue/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

SMETNA
12-09-12, 23:55
Takes Incredible character to go into combat, outnumbered, to save a man you've never met, as a matter of principle.

Rest in peace.

Will the commander in chief issue a statement praising his service? Or offer his family condolences? Doubtful.

krisjon
12-10-12, 00:00
Takes Incredible character to go into combat, outnumbered, to save a man you've never met, as a matter of principle.

Rest in peace.

Will the commander in chief issue a statement praising his service? Or offer his family condolences? Doubtful.

Agreed.

Obama actually did say a little already:

"He gave his life for his fellow Americans, and he and his teammates remind us once more of the selfless service that allows our nation to stay strong, safe and free," President Barack Obama said of the slain U.S. service member, who was not immediately identified.

SMETNA
12-10-12, 00:04
Agreed.

Obama actually did say a little already:

"He gave his life for his fellow Americans, and he and his teammates remind us once more of the selfless service that allows our nation to stay strong, safe and free," President Barack Obama said of the slain U.S. service member, who was not immediately identified.

Oh ok. Well that's better than nothing.

SeriousStudent
12-10-12, 16:34
Fair winds and following seas for Petty Officer 1st Class Checque.

Your country owes you a debt we can never repay.

RogerinTPA
12-10-12, 17:29
My heartfelt condolences to his family. Anyone who is willing to reach beyond his personal safety & security to safe guard and rescue others selflessly, is not only the ultimate warrior, but a Saint. Rest easy Petty Officer 1st Class Checque.

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Beat Trash
12-10-12, 20:03
Rest in Peace.

I don't know what bothers me more:

That most Americans are unaware of the risks and sacrifices these men make, or that most wouldn't care even if they did know.

Wake27
12-10-12, 20:15
Rest in Peace.

That most Americans are unaware of the risks and sacrifices these men make, or that most wouldn't care even if they did know.

Sadly true. While I've heard and seen a good deal of support for our troops, I've also heard some things in the last few years that are incredibly ignorant and upsetting.

Kchen986
12-10-12, 20:33
Rest in Peace, Warrior.

feedramp
12-10-12, 21:48

Rest in peace.

If he had a son, he wouldn't look like him or act like him, so nothing much is said.

tb-av
12-10-12, 21:58
Rest in Peace.

I hope it's the latter. Not knowing is excusable. Not caring is not.

RIP

SMETNA
12-10-12, 22:57
I hope it's the latter. Not knowing is excusable. Not caring is not.

RIP

"In the Information Age, ignorance is a choice."

Reagans Rascals
12-10-12, 23:21
can't think of a better way to go.... surrounded by your brothers... engaged in the most selfless act a mortal man could ever aspire to undertake... to save the life of another...at the cost of your own... and knowing it will take Satan, a Shotgun, and a shit ton of broken glass to keep you from your date with destiny... and when that divine wind begins to blow... slyly smirking you'll look Satan in the eye daring him to "COME GET A TASTE...."

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/jwmassaro/tumblr_lsb67udB8h1qede6xo1_500.gif

Fair Winds and Following Seas...