PDA

View Full Version : New Range and Gun Super Store in Tampa, FL

Apricotshot
12-10-12, 09:17
www.shootersworld.com/

116 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, FL 33612
(813) 968-4867

62,000 sqft facility

27 twenty-five yard lanes of pistol, nine of which are steel reactive target lanes.

7 100yd lanes for rifle.

Firearms sales of nearly all brands, makes, configurations.

HES
01-05-13, 13:34
www.shootersworld.com/

116 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, FL 33612
(813) 968-4867

62,000 sqft facility

27 twenty-five yard lanes of pistol, nine of which are steel reactive target lanes.

7 100yd lanes for rifle.

Firearms sales of nearly all brands, makes, configurations.
I've been there. Fantastic facility. Great staff. Good selection and the firearms prices are reasonable. They make their money on the accessories which are over priced. The range are good. Their prices there are high. They can put a huge dent into Shoot Straight. I do see the possibility of a price war.

vaglocker
01-05-13, 13:49
Is the 100 yard range indoor?

HES
01-05-13, 15:51
Yes it is. Plus no need to retrieve your targets. Each lane has a CCTV focused on the target so you can check your groupings right away. I was supposed to go last weekend but was too much of a slug. I was supposed to go today but the boys trap practice went too long. I'm trying to get there tomorrow.

RogerinTPA
01-05-13, 16:25
I was also there two days after they opened. This range is outstanding. They even have part of the range set up to shoot steel. It's also a nice touch to see a small firearms museum there as well. This is a great facility and probably the best indoor range I've been to. If it wasn't so far on the other side of Tampa, it would be my go to range.

HES
01-06-13, 22:25
Well it's 20 minutes from my house straight down 41 from Land O Lakes. Beats the snot out of 45 minutes to Dade City or Shoot Straight. I'll tell you what I loved. Being able to zero my rifle in about 15 minutes. My God having the ability to retrieve my targets and not have to wait 20 minutes was amazing.

Im hoping that they start to host matches there. I'm also considering putting in an app for some part time work. They appear to be desperate for NRA certified RSOs.

Another nice thing...the guys I've talked to behind the counters seem to have at least some knowledge. That in of its self was refreshing.