PDA

View Full Version : ACOG TA01NSN....any users here?

jhs1969
02-21-08, 17:51
Hopefuly I'll add a 6920 to go with my Bushmaster in 2-3 months and was thinking about adding a TA01NSN to it, I already have a ML2 Aimpoint on the BM. My reasoning, I like the looks of the SOPMOD kit, I could really use the long range precision for critter control when warm weather returns. I'll keep the BM/Aimpoint setup as is for CQB type concerns. I had thought of putting an Aimpoint M4 on this new carbine or a 1.5x ACOG but am unsure of setting up two carbines for CQB when I could gain better long range capabilities.

Do any of you use the TA01NSN? How do you feel about it? Are the backup sights effective a close range?

Thanks

condition 1
02-23-08, 20:15
I bought one a few years ago from G&R tactical, and have been happy with it. am not a LEO and won't be doing any CQB, I do like shooting long distance, 100-300 yrds, it has worked great for me, I think it is a good urban compact scope. It is not for everyone, I suggest you try one before you buy it, personally, I like cross hair, I have been shooting ar-15s for 25+years,I use to use a colt 3x scope, and never had any problems hitting what I shot at. The TAO1NSN is kind of like the old colt scope, but on steroids, also look into a good folding BUS, I bought a Troy. I hope this helps ......

LukeMacGillie
02-23-08, 22:02
TAO1NSN with Jpoint on Mk18 Upper. Still getting myself comfortable with the set up.

blurry6
02-29-08, 01:32
I just got mine about three months ago and have taken it to the range six or seven times and am thoroughly enjoying it. I can get extremely tight groupings at 100 yards. One thing I decided was to get a nice QD mount for it, as the 'thumb screws', while fairly sturdy, tend to loosen over the course of a shooting session - all I'd need is to be out in the field and look down to see that my ACOG had dismounted itself :mad:

I got GG&G's Accucam Quick Disconnect ACOG Mount w/integrated dust covers http://www.gggaz.com/index.php?id=184&parents=69,105 and it's a really nice piece of kit. I haven't touched a lens-pen or lens cleaner since. Definately an upgrade from the rubber-band dust cover that comes with the ACOG.

I also JUST got a 3.5MOA DOC reddot sight w/wing mount. I have yet to zero it or even shoot with it, but it sure seems to work. It rides a little high off the barrell to my liking, but for CQ it at least gets you in the ballpark.

Ryan

thmpr
02-29-08, 02:42
Bought my ACOG/Jpoint setup from JP rifles for my JP15 for over a year now and am very happy with it. Clear glass and love the cross hair which is the main reason why I bought it. Don't really care for the Chevron reticle. After being very pleased with the setup, bought two TA31DOC which is very simlar to the TA01NSN. The best part of it...it has BAC capabilities and correct BDC.

Gunfighter13
02-29-08, 02:57
You may want to look at the Trijicon ACOG TA01 ECOS. Has Docter Optics 7.0 MOA sight for close engagements and Backup iron sights. Just about all options covered.

C4IGrant
02-29-08, 11:32
The NSN would not be my first choice. For a compact, the TA33 is great and on the 4X side, the TA31F is always a good option.

We do see a lot of people going with the TA10NSN-TRD and TA31DOC.

C4

Impact
03-05-08, 14:03
I have one with a Dr Optic for close shots..really like the combo:)

blurry6
03-05-08, 23:38
I have one with a Dr Optic for close shots..really like the combo:)

I just got mine and took it to the range and zero'd it at 50 yards - dead accurate at this range. However, I took it to an indoor range that has a maximum 80 feet for targets and the variance was a good 5 inches off. This is logical, as the Docter Optic sits pretty high off the muzzle when mounted on an ACOG, but I'm wondering what you've zero'd yours in at? I know it's personal preference and I figured 50 yards was 'the' middle-ground for anything closer than 100 yards, but I'm just wondering what you were using.