PDA

View Full Version : Illinois Concealed Carry

koniz
12-11-12, 17:45
Listen up all Illinois residents, we finally get have the right to carry concealed soon

read this
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/11/illinois-concealed-carry-_n_2278114.html

ST911
12-11-12, 18:31
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=118519
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=118523

xrayoneone
12-11-12, 18:31
These "officials" will screw the pooch and make it all but impossible to carry. California has CCW and one only needs to look at who gets licensed, it's not ordinary citizens.

koniz
12-11-12, 18:56
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=118519
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=118523

?

what are the links for

gunrunner505
12-12-12, 08:55
Here's a link to a story in the Chicago Sun Times

http://blogs.suntimes.com/politics/2012/12/big_win_for_gun-rights_groups_federal_appeals_court_tosses_state_ban_on_carrying_concealed_weapons.html

there is a link to a pdf of the opinion of the court on the first page. The judges specifically state you have the right to self defense both in and outside of your home. Im no lawyer but that sounds like they specified shall issue without coming out and saying it. Now I know these cockroaches in office in this state are all running around looking for a new way to trample rights but there may not be any way old Mike Madigan and his cronies can avoid it anymore. Should be a good show.

7 RING
12-12-12, 09:38
This is only the first step to getting CCW in Illinois. The battle is not yet won.

gunrunner505
12-12-12, 09:43
This is only the first step to getting CCW in Illinois. The battle is not yet won.

105% agree. There is no limit to what these crooked political SOBs in this state will try. A reasonable person can't even fathom the depths of depravity of an Illinois Democrat. Oh wait, yeah you can....

gunrunner505
12-13-12, 14:40
I emailed my firearms instructor today on this issue. He also happens to be a cop. He thinks Illinois AG Lisa Madigan will present one of the most restrictive carry laws ever seen. Even more restrictive than New York or Calif. It will probably be a may issue where you have to petition your law enforcement agency, either a police chief or country sheriff and they will approve or deny on a case by case basis. Plus political and training hurdles like nobodys business. Basically don't get your hopes up too high for a law that is reasonable and makes sense.

RMiller
12-13-12, 19:33
I emailed my firearms instructor today on this issue. He also happens to be a cop. He thinks Illinois AG Lisa Madigan will present one of the most restrictive carry laws ever seen. Even more restrictive than New York or Calif. It will probably be a may issue where you have to petition your law enforcement agency, either a police chief or country sheriff and they will approve or deny on a case by case basis. Plus political and training hurdles like nobodys business. Basically don't get your hopes up too high for a law that is reasonable and makes sense.

Living in Illinois, nothing is really reasonable or makes sense.....

But this news is hopeful, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up as Chicago has ways of stamping my dreams into the ground lol.

7 RING
12-13-12, 20:34
Quinn the Eskimo is already talking about adding an anti-assault weapons bill to the CCW legislation. This is far from being over. :(

gunrunner505
12-13-12, 21:26
I was actually mildly encouraged by this court ruling but after talking to some people I am now quite deflated.

1) Madigan and Quinn and the little Rhamfather will pass the most asinine piece of legislature the world has ever seen just to placate the courts. This is no surprise for Illinois. It will then end up in court, again. Then the people of Illinois will have to pay millions in squandered tax money.

2) "Assault Weapons"? What is that exactly? We all know it's a BS term. There's a select fire assault rifle that our military uses but I'm prety sure there's a couple of federal laws in place that regulate that in the private sector. We civies own semi automatic sporting rifles. Now I know it's semantics but when rolling in the mud with pigs, you're going to get dirty. They love to mess around in the gray areas, and so should we.

It's basically a way uphill battle, even with the court ruling. These politicians sicken me, I need to move.....

Czecher
01-09-13, 16:07
From the ISRA.org (http://www.isra.org/)

Lisa Madigan seeks new hearing on concealed carry
Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan is trying to salvage the state's ban on concealed carry.

Madigan said Tuesday that she's filed a petition asking that all 15 judges on the U.S. 7th Circuit Court of Appeals review a lawsuit challenging the ban.

Last month, a three-judge panel struck down the ban on carrying concealed weapons in Illinois — the only remaining state where doing so is entirely illegal. They gave lawmakers 180 days to write a law legalizing it.

The judges said the ban was unconstitutional and suggested that legalizing concealed carry is long overdue. Gun advocates had vowed to challenge the ban on every front.

Madigan says the court's decision "goes beyond what the U.S. Supreme Court has held" and conflicts with decisions by two other federal appellate courts. ...

Read the whole story here from Dailyherald.com

Posted Tue Jan 8 13:58:51 CST 2013

Somewhere we were given the instructions to NOT BOTHER any judges that might be involved in this case as it might ruin or position on the matter. Contacting Madigan, however, is completely up to you.:D

Found the other bit of info....

As many of you have heard by now, Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan has filed a challenge to last month’s appeals court ruling that struck down Illinois’ ban on concealed carry. That decision was rendered by a 3-member panel of the appeals court. Madigan has petitioned the full court of appeals to review the panel’s ruling.

We fully expected Madigan to file this challenge. We see it as a desperate attempt to capitalize on the Newtown murders. We are confident that Madigan’s challenge will go down in flames and the clock on the 180-day implementation of concealed carry will continue to tick.

No action is required of you at this time. This alert is for your information only. Just rest assured that the ISRA is prepared to meet this challenge and will faithfully represent your interests before the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals.

WARNING: DO NOT make any calls to the federal judges or you might jeopardize our case.

If you would like to call Lisa Madigan and let her know that you do not appreciate her efforts to leave you defenseless, go right ahead.

Please distribute this alert to your friends and please post it to any internet blogs or bulletin boards to which you belong.

racezx9
01-10-13, 22:25
this state, this governor, this mayor, this GA, and this party ....SUCKS

Czecher
01-13-13, 13:50
Posting this update from the ISRA website:

SPECIAL ALERT – BE CAREFUL OF WHAT YOU ARE READING
As many of you know by now, there is a near-viral posting going around the internet that insinuates that Chicago Police Superintendant Garry McCarthy plans to train Chicago police officers in methods of setting up concealed carry permit holders for murder. We’ve all come to know McCarthy as one of those guys that has a mouth that moves faster than his brain. But, at this time, the ISRA has no independent confirmation that McCarthy’s alleged remarks on a Chicago radio station are genuine, or within what context they may have been uttered.

Garry McCarthy’s record speaks for itself, and that record paints McCarthy as the most ineffectual big-city top-cops in the nation. That notwithstanding, we do not believe that McCarthy is stupid enough to publicly reveal that it is the official policy of the CPD to murder concealed carry permit holders in cold blood.

One thing we know for sure, our many friends who comprise law-enforcement’s rank and file are well trained on how to properly engage armed civilians – with a peaceful outcome as the main objective. Likewise, a key element of concealed carry training will be training on how civilians may safely interact with police officers. In 49 other states, armed engagements between lawful permit holders and police officers are unheard of. When CCW is implemented here in Illinois, the ISRA will spare no effort to ensure that such is the case here in Illinois as well.

If McCarthy was smart, he would put out a statement clarifying his alleged remarks so as to avoid further angst amongst the public.

And, as just a general word to our friends and members, we all understand that the past few weeks have been difficult for the entire nation. We’ve seen a horrific crime committed in Connecticut. As fallout of that crime, we’ve seen politicians and the media shift the blame for the crime from the irresponsible person who armed and trained a mentally ill young man, and over to responsible firearm owners. In the past few weeks, we’ve seen extremist gun controllers launch an all out attack on your rights. To make matters worse, inflammatory comments from people like Obama, Biden, Feinstein and Piers Morgan have stoked the fires of division. These so-called leaders would do well to ponder the consequences of tempting fate with unbridled passion. It’s a safe bet that there is a person or persons somewhere out there looking for an excuse to relive the horrors of the early 1990s. Such is something that this nation could not endure.

The bottom line is this – resist becoming an agent of division. Don’t spread unfounded rumors, and don’t make up any rumors of your own. Avoid debates that cannot be held in a civil manner. Instead, concentrate your energies on working to preserve and protect your gun rights through the legislative and legal processes. Believe it or not, the system still works.

Please distribute this alert to your friends and family and post it to any and all Internet bulletin boards and blogs to which you belong.

Posted Sat Jan 12 17:40:17 CST 2013

Nocaster
01-13-13, 14:08
McShootOutStreetlights is an idiot.

Ned Christiansen
01-13-13, 15:59
REAL Illinois cops are with you guys on this. The ones that failed as police and got promoted to politician may not be, but I've met hundreds of rank and file IL police in the last ten years and to a man they favor citizens being armed.

VaeVictis
01-13-13, 17:29
REAL Illinois cops are with you guys on this. The ones that failed as police and got promoted to politician may not be, but I've met hundreds of rank and file IL police in the last ten years and to a man they favor citizens being armed.

Well that's certainly good to hear. Despite all thats been going on recently I've been trying to remain optimistic about finally getting CC. It's good to know at least some people are on our side.

gunrunner505
01-13-13, 18:09
Well that's certainly good to hear. Despite all thats been going on recently I've been trying to remain optimistic about finally getting CC. It's good to know at least some people are on our side.

When was the last time an Illinois politician, let alone an Illinois democrat, let facts, popular opinion, constituant wants, laws or the constitution stand in their way of doing what they wanted? All they have is smoke and mirrors and plain old MK1 MOD0 BS.....

How long have we been fighting for CCW? It took the federal courts to force them to do it.

Quinn says to anyone with a microphone or TV camera that Illinois residents overwhelmingly support an AWB, somehow I doubt that. He won't show any facts to back it up and even if he did they would be suspect.....

VaeVictis
01-13-13, 18:39
I think in the past few years guns have grown exponentially in popularity in Illinois. When I first got into shooting there were a lot of people who looked at me like I was crazy, including relatives. It kind of made me feel like an outcast. I've seen much more interest in guns lately and more people are becoming familiar with them. I believe we have a much greater chance of getting CC now than years passed. That said, there are plenty of people in Illinois who still think we don't need to own guns at all.

gunrunner505
01-13-13, 20:05
I think in the past few years guns have grown exponentially in popularity in Illinois. When I first got into shooting there were a lot of people who looked at me like I was crazy, including relatives. It kind of made me feel like an outcast. I've seen much more interest in guns lately and more people are becoming familiar with them. I believe we have a much greater chance of getting CC now than years passed. That said, there are plenty of people in Illinois who still think we don't need to own guns at all.

I was at the Kane County gun show today. Place was stacked up nuts to butts. If that turn out is any indication, hopefully all those people are contacting state and federal reps voicing oposition to any ban and in favor of CCW.

Prices were insane too...

VaeVictis
01-13-13, 20:11
I was at the Kane County gun show today. Place was stacked up nuts to butts. If that turn out is any indication, hopefully all those people are contacting state and federal reps voicing oposition to any ban and in favor of CCW.

Prices were insane too...

Aw crap! I knew I was forgetting something today. I always miss the gun shows because I'm always working sundays. I finally get one off and I blow it. Any good deals or was it just a bunch of overpriced crap?

gunrunner505
01-13-13, 20:51
Aw crap! I knew I was forgetting something today. I always miss the gun shows because I'm always working sundays. I finally get one off and I blow it. Any good deals or was it just a bunch of overpriced crap?

No good deals at all.

Saw USGI 30 rd mags for $50 and higher, PMAGS were about the same. One dude had one of those 100 round double drum AR mags for $450 bucks.
Garands were $1000 and up.
1911s were anywhere from $450 for some POS I'd never heard of all the way to $3800 for a Colt 1911.
Saw and Armalite AR with a fixed A2 carry handle for $2400. Simmilar Wyndam for $1200
Ammo was disappearing like you read about.

VaeVictis
01-13-13, 22:22
That's pretty much what I expected. Probably better that I didn't go.

Czecher
01-13-13, 22:50
Aw crap! I knew I was forgetting something today.

I was about to say that exact same thing. Forgot this was coming up and missed it as well. Thx for prompting the recap of events.

Czecher
01-14-13, 10:10
From the Chicago Tibune: (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-chicagos-top-cop-again-calls-for-more-gun-laws-20130112,0,2220583.story)

McCarthy stressed his opposition to allowing the concealed carry of handguns in Illinois, even though Illinois is the only state in the country that doesn’t permit the practice.

“Just because it’s 49 to one doesn’t mean that Illinois is wrong,” McCarthy said.

also quote-worthy....

“When people say concealed carry, I say Trayvon Martin,” McCarthy said, referring to the unarmed 17-year-old who was shot and killed last February by a neighborhood watch volunteer in Florida, sparking controversy across the country.

“I say Trayvon Martin,” McCarthy continued. “Because the answer to guns is not more guns, and just simply putting guns in people’s hands is going to lead to more tragedy.”

I thought that case was still going through the court system but apparently McCarthy knows Zimmerman is already guilty of something.

You 49 other states out there just don't know how to do things. Look at our fine crime record here in Chicago. Who want's to follow this lead?

C'mon man!!

gunrunner505
01-14-13, 12:51
From the Chicago Tibune: (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-chicagos-top-cop-again-calls-for-more-gun-laws-20130112,0,2220583.story)

also quote-worthy....

I thought that case was still going through the court system but apparently McCarthy knows Zimmerman is already guilty of something.

You 49 other states out there just don't know how to do things. Look at our fine crime record here in Chicago. Who want's to follow this lead?

C'mon man!!

The thing about the Zimmerman/Martin case in Florida is that there are something like one million CCW permits in Florida and they can point to precisly ONE example where it may have been misused? C'mon man!!!! As you said, the case is still in the courts, we have no idea wheather it was in accordance with the law or not, the case isn't even at trial yet. But here we are, using one unknown sample to demonize the entire thing.

Czecher
01-15-13, 08:38
This is just another example of what we must deal with. From the Tribune:

Seized guns on display weren't from 2013 (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-seized-guns-on-display-werent-from-2013-20130114,0,2319668.story)... A police spokeswoman said McCarthy had hoped to display 25 weapons from among the more than 300 seized since Jan. 1 — but in fact the ones shown were from last year. Some dated from last summer, according to inventory tags on the weapons.

“Well, you know what the point is? These are representative of what we’re recovering today,” McCarthy said. “The problem is that many of the guns we’re recovering today are arrest evidence, and we can’t display them. So what we’ll do is substitute one for the other. OK?”

Said differently...."I'm just going to make stuff up to prove my point ok? Look how scary these guns are although I can't guarantee they were actually used in any crime"

Once again....Cmon Man!!!

gunrunner505
01-15-13, 09:04
Backing up one and McCarthy talking about 49 states have CC doesn't make Illinois wrong. Well it sure as hell doesn't make you right. Let's look at this. For years Chicago had a gun ban. And it did nothing. Currently Illinois has a CCW ban. And it does nothing. Chicago is an armpit because the cops are not policing the city. The bad guys have more rights than the good guys.

And don't even get me started on the "Reverend" Jesse Jackson....

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

racezx9
01-15-13, 19:06
Look this is Illinois/ Chicago, it does not matter what the state wants, all the politicians are puppets of the emperor of Chicago. Rule of law. Constitution does not exist. McCarthyhas the worst record for any big city Chief and the worst for Chicago Chief, he's the Lovie Smith of CPD, but he kisses Rahm's ass and has HD knee pads and buys Chapstick by the case so he will be around as head minion as long as the king is around and we'll never see a viable CCW in this state

demonicr1
01-15-13, 22:27
No good deals at all.

Saw USGI 30 rd mags for $50 and higher, PMAGS were about the same. One dude had one of those 100 round double drum AR mags for $450 bucks.
Garands were $1000 and up.
1911s were anywhere from $450 for some POS I'd never heard of all the way to $3800 for a Colt 1911.
Saw and Armalite AR with a fixed A2 carry handle for $2400. Simmilar Wyndam for $1200
Ammo was disappearing like you read about.

The Kane County Gun Show was absolutely ridiculous this year. Luckily I know a guy who sells AR/AK parts and accessories out of Naperville. Picked up a couple more PMAGs from him for $25ea. I know that's $10 more than what they were pre-Sandy Hook, but it's better than paying $100 on gunbroker.

A friend of mine came at 0830. I told him to come at 0730 because I knew it was going to be worse than Best Buy on black Friday. By the time he came, you couldn't walk down an aisle. He was looking for an XD, and the only vendor selling them at a decent price was the Murengo booth. (love their place, btw. They sell below MSRP for guns. They did price gouge on ammo and PMAGs though). Some nutjob was asking over $800 for a used XD9.

Noticed a lot more chinese junk that was overpriced too. Few kids purchased a booth in the back behind the cafeteria. Selling a UTG 3x magnifier-no mount- $116. :rolleyes:

Czecher
01-17-13, 19:29
I seriously think I need to step away from this freakin' computer for a few days. These incessant news feeds of complete stupidity are taking years off my life!!!

This one from ABC7 Chicago News (http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=8958311&rss=rss-wls-article-8958311)

Alderman Willie Cochran, a retired city cop, proposed a council resolution calling on gun manufacturers to implant GPS tracking devices in their products.

"GPS tracking devices is just another method by which we can find and locate these guns that are on the street," he said.

For the past several decades, Chicago has had some of the most stringent gun control laws in the country and some of the highest rates of gun violence in the nation.

I imagine this would be a two-step installation process. The first step would involve placement of secret equipment inside every gun in Chicago. The second and most important step would involve inserting a tiny probe in the neck of every FOID carrying citizen of Illinois. Any properly equipped firearm within a 3 meter proximity of an implanted subject would instantly create a wireless data connection and illegal activities would be automatically reported to the government. Brain wave data would record what you were thinking.

City parking tickets and tollway violations would also be monitored through the neck transmitter. Red-light cameras would more accurately record the actual driver of a vehicle making a rolling right turn on red.

The installation procedure would normally take less than 5 hours to complete and would not be covered by the subject's insurance. The procedure could however be billed to the tollway transponder account for a $35 convenience surcharge.

Smooth jazz will be played in a darkened room while the local anesthetic takes effect.

Relax, we know what we are doing. It's for the children...

gunrunner505
01-17-13, 19:59
I seriously think I need to step away from this freakin' computer for a few days. These incessant news feeds of complete stupidity are taking years off my life!!!

This one from ABC7 Chicago News (http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=8958311&rss=rss-wls-article-8958311)

I imagine this would be a two-step installation process. The first step would involve placement of secret equipment inside every gun in Chicago. The second and most important step would involve inserting a tiny probe in the neck of every FOID carrying citizen of Illinois. Any properly equipped firearm within a 3 meter proximity of an implanted subject would instantly create a wireless data connection and illegal activities would be automatically reported to the government. Brain wave data would record what you were thinking.

City parking tickets and tollway violations would also be monitored through the neck transmitter. Red-light cameras would more accurately record the actual driver of a vehicle making a rolling right turn on red.

The installation procedure would normally take less than 5 hours to complete and would not be covered by the subject's insurance. The procedure could however be billed to the tollway transponder account for a $35 convenience surcharge.

Smooth jazz will be played in a darkened room while the local anesthetic takes effect.

Relax, we know what we are doing. It's for the children...

I detect a mild hint of sarcasm....

RMiller
01-25-13, 06:44
Anybody think they'll try and impose a mag restriction to carry weapons?

gunrunner505
02-14-13, 08:54
Anybody think they'll try and impose a mag restriction to carry weapons?

I think they will do anything and everything to make the law in such a way that a CCW permit is all but unobtainable. This will be in the courts for some time. I hope I'm proven wrong on this though.

Magazine capacity restriction would not surprise me though.

RMiller
02-14-13, 09:07
I think they will do anything and everything to make the law in such a way that a CCW permit is all but unobtainable. This will be in the courts for some time. I hope I'm proven wrong on this though.

Magazine capacity restriction would not surprise me though.

I'm hoping they screw up and run out of time. Constitutional carry baby......

But you're right. They'll cobble together a restrictive piece of crap they'll call legislation and pass it on as a CCW law.

gunrunner505
02-14-13, 09:21
I don't think any Illinois politician is actually familiar with much less inconvenienced by the constitution. Look at Pennsylvania Avenue.....

I'm all for carry but I think it's a ways off and anyone caught carrying, even constitutionally, will be so far up shit creek. They can't put the gang bangers, murderers or drug dealers in jail but you the evil man with no criminal record and a legal firearm, they will ride you like a rented scooter.

ryr8828
02-22-13, 09:39
Lil Lisa Madigan's request for an en banc hearing on Moore Shephard:

DENIED!

Take that gun grabbers.

http://www.capitolfax.com/2013/02/22/this-just-in-267/

gunrunner505
02-22-13, 10:03
Shut the front door!! That is awesome.

I disagree with a portion of the dissent where they question the potential intervention of armed citizens to help the police take down that guy last year where the cops got the bad guy but shot 9 bystanders in the process. Unless I'm directly threatened, I'm getting out of there and shooting at nobody.

ryr8828
02-22-13, 10:06
Shut the front door!! That is awesome.

I disagree with a portion of the dissent where they question the potential intervention of armed citizens to help the police take down that guy last year where the cops got the bad guy but shot 9 bystanders in the process. Unless I'm directly threatened, I'm getting out of there and shooting at nobody.

The dissenting report was full of strawmen. Mentioning the marksmanship challenged NYPD episode seemed like complete ignorance to me.

gunrunner505
02-22-13, 10:18
The dissenting report was full of strawmen. Mentioning the marksmanship challenged NYPD episode seemed like complete ignorance to me.

You're absolutely right. NYPD marksmanship issues, or anyone else's, have no place in the discussion of CC in another state.

gunrunner505
02-22-13, 10:43
I just now had a chance to read the full dissenting opinion. That guy gives a lot of leeway. Specifically brings up a new york type of proper cause to carry concealed. This isn't as good as I once thought maybe.

ryr8828
02-22-13, 11:32
I just now had a chance to read the full dissenting opinion. That guy gives a lot of leeway. Specifically brings up a new york type of proper cause to carry concealed. This isn't as good as I once thought maybe.

His opinion lost.

gunrunner505
02-22-13, 11:37
His opinion lost.

True. But can Madigan use that as ammo to support a very restrictive law or not really?

On a side note, when i typed Madigan into this post my phone changed it to madman, even my phone knows she's insane....

Ned Christiansen
02-22-13, 12:42
This came this AM from a police frind in IL who is very pro-gun.

In case you haven't heard ... the 7th US Court of Appeals just denied Attorney General Lisa Madigan's request for an en banc appeal to their decision that the Illinois Unlawful Use of Weapons law is unconstitutional. So, the current UUW law will be struck down, as previously ruled, in June. Madigan can appeal to the US Supreme Court if she wishes.

gunrunner505
02-22-13, 13:50
As I suspected. Madigan plans to use the dissenting opinion to draft a BS law.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-74527209/