PDA

View Full Version : FULL-EAG 3-Day Carbine Operators Course - Sept. 2008 in NC-FULL WITH STANDBY LIST

GLOCKMASTER
02-21-08, 20:49
EAG Tactical Training
3 Day Carbine Operators Course

EAG Tactical (Pat Rogers and Crew) will conduct a 3 Day Carbine Operators course on September 29, 30 and October 1, 2008 at the Johnston Community College Law Enforcement Firing Range located at the Howell Woods Learning Center, 6601 Devils Race Track Road Four Oaks, NC 27524. This course is about fighting with the 5.56x45mm carbine, and the training is geared toward that specific skill set. This is not a shooting course- it is a fighting course.

Price is as follows:$550.00
Range Fee: $30.00

Payment in full is requested 30 days prior to the class unless prior arrangements have been made. USG, DoD, other organizations can continue to pay via credit card or purchase order. Contact us if you have questions.
Note that the range fee will be collected on the morning of the first day during the completion of the normal admin stuff prior to the beginning of training, ONLY CHECK OR MONEY ORDER WILL BE ACCEPTED AS PAYMENT FOR THE RANGE FEE.

To register, go to www.eagtactical.com (http://www.eagtactical.com) and complete the application. Submit the application with the appropriate credentials (see below).

Once you have been accepted you will receive a notice as well as lodging information. If you have any questions, contact us directly- we will do are best to resolve any issues.

Learning Objectives

3 Day Carbine Operators Course:
This is a moderate intensity class to sharpen your fighting skills with the 5.56x56mm carbine.

• 4 safety rules
• Range Rules
• Combat Triad
(Weapons manipulation skills are highly stressed)
• Stance, balance, grip, mount-vertical fore grip/ magazine well
• Ready Positions
• Optical/ iron sights
• Offset
• External/ terminal ballistics
• Magazine choices
• Equipment Choices • BZO Theory
• Loading/ reloading
• Positions- conventional/ asymmetrical
• Pairs, Failure Drills, Non Standard Response
• Malfunction reduction
• Multiple Target Engagements
• Pistol Transition
• Shooting on the move
• Shooting laterally
• Stepping off line of attack
• Qual Course Carbine

The actual content of the course may vary slightly due to range restrictions and also to better accommodate the skill sets of the shooters

What to Expect

A three day class on how to fight with the carbine. This is not shooting polka dots, but is a condensed version of what we are using today. The class is moderately physical.
Attendees must be active police officers; Active Duty Military; or possess a valid pistol license from any state. A Certificate of Good Conduct (no criminal record) or equivalent from your local Law Enforcement Agency will suffice.
Live fire exercises are inherently dangerous. Safety violations will be dealt with harshly. We cannot afford to have an unsafe shooter in a class.

I reserve the right to refuse admission to the class for any reason. I reserve the right to remove anyone from the class for any reason.

What to Bring
A good attitude!

• A serviceable 5.56mm Carbine.
What you bring is not as important as the fact that it works. Having a spare extractor/ spring is not a bad idea. Bring the lube of your choice. But bring lube.

• 1300 Rounds of serviceable carbine ammunition; 250 rounds pistol ammunition.

• The amount of ammunition recommended is an average. The actual number of rounds fired may be more or less depending on overall skill level of the class, weather and range issues.

• A minimum of 3 serviceable magazines for the carbine. More are obviously better- the less jamming of magazines you do during the day, the more time you learn how to fight.

• The carbine needs a sling. A tac sling works better, but any sling will do.

• A means to carry at least two carbine magazines on your person.

• If you have a red dot sight, bring spare batteries.

• A serviceable pistol, with three serviceable magazines.

• A holster and magazine pouch.

• Eye and earpro, as well as a baseball type hat.
• Water. A CamelBak is ideal, but be prepared to hydrate.

• Bring food. Bring munchies as well as lickies and chewies. If you are not physically at your best, you will not be able to function safely and efficiently.

• Knee and elbow pads.

• Pen/ pencil.

If you have questions, contact Pat Rogers at info@eagtactical.com

Or Jeff Freuler at jfreuler@hotmail.com or jfreuler@ncshp.org

GLOCKMASTER
03-04-08, 18:39
BTT....:D

GLOCKMASTER
03-17-08, 17:55
Nothing like a good Monday bump to the top....:cool:

newbie9mil
03-21-08, 20:42
Is this class suitable for a beginner, someone who is just learning about the AR?

GLOCKMASTER
03-23-08, 14:50
It is a good start. However you need to learn as much as you can about working and driving the carbine prior to the class. Couple this class with Dean's class on Saturday and Sunday prior to Pat's and you should be well ahead of the game.:)

wanderlust
03-23-08, 15:58
It is a good class for a beginner. Check out the web site, it spells out several things.

http://www.eagtactical.com/articles.asp

Like JFreuler said, the more familiar you are with the basics of the carbine (just get comfortable working the mag release, charging handle, safety, etc) and your gear before you go, the more you will get out of it, and the more you will enjoy it.

Don't get too wrapped around the axle of perfecting reloads, malfunction clearances, etc. That is what you are paying money to go and learn! :eek:

Wayne Dobbs
03-24-08, 14:59
I would strongly suggest Pat's class for the "less experienced" shooter of the AR. He will challenge you and you will learn a ton in those three days and it will be a fighting based course from beginning to end.

Spooky130
03-24-08, 21:41
I would strongly suggest Pat's class for the "less experienced" shooter of the AR. He will challenge you and you will learn a ton in those three days and it will be a fighting based course from beginning to end.

Bring extra ammo! I almost needed to beg Wayne for some ammo in the Brady class!

Spooky

NetJunkie
04-02-08, 19:35
Planning any more classes at the Carthage, NC location? I just saw you did one in February and that would be a great location for me.

GLOCKMASTER
04-02-08, 19:50
Planning any more classes at the Carthage, NC location? I just saw you did one in February and that would be a great location for me.

Only Pat can only answer that question. If you email him I'm sure he would gladly answer your question.

If not come on out to the September class.;)

GLOCKMASTER
04-09-08, 22:30
Back up to the top......:D

GLOCKMASTER
05-07-08, 05:32
May bump......:)

TheRock
05-15-08, 09:49
Just sent my money in for the class.

Sounds like it will be a good time.

Any restrictions on bringing a suppressed carbine? Assuming I follow all Fed/State laws?

TR

GLOCKMASTER
05-15-08, 17:16
Just sent my money in for the class.

Sounds like it will be a good time.

Any restrictions on bringing a suppressed carbine? Assuming I follow all Fed/State laws?

TR

No restrictions.:cool:

GLOCKMASTER
05-31-08, 08:28
BTT....;)

GLOCKMASTER
06-10-08, 18:18
BTT.....Hey folks do not miss this opportunity.;)

GLOCKMASTER
06-18-08, 19:48
Also folks there are fully furnished cabins, with kitchens, on this range facility that are for rent at a VERY NICE rate. Once I am able to take pictures of them next week I will post them with the reservation contact information. :cool:

GLOCKMASTER
06-27-08, 19:46
For persons attending Deans or Pat's class here is some information concerning on site lodging.

The two cabins are duplex buildings that sleep four per side. So that is a total of sixteen people that can stay in the two cabins. In each cabin they have a private bath for each side and a community kitchen. All you have to furnish is your food and towels. The price for one side of a cabin per night is $40.00. If you use their bed linen add $5. Divide the $40 by the number of people that you may wish to bunk with on your side and the price drops significantly per person.

Between the two cabins is a picnic area with grills and tables. Wireless internet is available however; it is limited to being in the first cabin which is the one closest to the office. If you are in the second cabin and need the internet service can take your laptop to the front porch area of the office to take advantage of the internet service. Sorry no television.

The contact number for reservations is 919-938-0115 x221 or x225.

Here are some pictures of the cabins.

Sleeping arrangements.
http://www.jesseshunting.com/photopost/data/500/medium/DSC_0114.JPG
http://www.jesseshunting.com/photopost/data/500/medium/DSC_01161.JPG
http://www.jesseshunting.com/photopost/data/500/medium/DSC_0117.JPG
http://www.jesseshunting.com/photopost/data/500/medium/DSC_0128.JPG

Shared kitchen and dining area.

http://www.jesseshunting.com/photopost/data/500/medium/DSC_0124.JPG
http://www.jesseshunting.com/photopost/data/500/medium/DSC_0123.JPG
http://www.jesseshunting.com/photopost/data/500/medium/DSC_0126.JPG

CLHC
06-27-08, 20:29
This is a class that I would really like to learn from and have been wanting to attend. Too bad I have an externship to fulfill till the end of the year. At least it'll give me time to save up and hopefully attend one of Pat Rogers' classes early next year or sooner.

That's a comfy looking cabin to be sure! :cool:

GLOCKMASTER
06-27-08, 20:34
This is a class that I would really like to learn from and have been wanting to attend. Too bad I have an externship to fulfill till the end of the year. At least it'll give me time to save up and hopefully attend one of Pat Rogers' classes early next year or sooner.

That's a comfy looking cabin to be sure! :cool:

We have already scheduled three EAG classes for 2009 at this range.;)

dbrowne1
06-30-08, 15:00
I will be attending to ensure that a proper round count is kept throughout the class.

Citpitch02
07-03-08, 19:12
Jeff,

I just sent in my application! I am looking forward to a few days of Good Training! Go ahead and put me down for one of the Cabin's as well! I'll share it with as many people as you can stuff in there, I ain't bashful!

Watch your six, and stay safe!

T.W.

GLOCKMASTER
07-03-08, 19:58
Jeff,

I just sent in my application! I am looking forward to a few days of Good Training! Go ahead and put me down for one of the Cabin's as well! I'll share it with as many people as you can stuff in there, I ain't bashful!

Watch your six, and stay safe!

T.W.

Hey Citpitch02 I just sent you an email. Let me know if you get it and need anything from me.

Jeff

Citpitch02
07-10-08, 19:31
Jeff,

I just paid Donna the deposit for the class! Guess I'm locked in now!:cool:
I still have to make reservations for the cabin, but I don't anticipate that being a problem.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Regards,

T.W.

GLOCKMASTER
07-10-08, 19:59
Jeff,

I just paid Donna the deposit for the class! Guess I'm locked in now!:cool:
I still have to make reservations for the cabin, but I don't anticipate that being a problem.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Regards,

T.W.

I wouldn't wait on making reservations in one of the cabins as I think they are filling fast.;)

Let me know if you get in one or not. There maybe be someone willing to share since they sleep four per side.

Citpitch02
07-11-08, 11:37
Jeff,

Made my reservation this afternoon. I forgot to ask how many rooms are left but it did sound as if there are a few slots left.

TW

GLOCKMASTER
07-19-08, 12:24
According to Pat's assistant this class is filling fast. Don't miss this opportunity.:cool:

Also Pat is going to open the distance up just a bit on this class because we have a lot of distance on this range.:cool:

Gutshot John
07-25-08, 15:00
Paid my tuition and reserved a spot at the cabin.

Look forward to seeing everyone.

RWK
07-26-08, 19:23
Paid my tuition and reserved a spot at the cabin.

Look! Jeff finally got a Navy guy to share a cabin in the woods with him. :eek: Watch out, John - he talks slowly but, he's tricky! ;)

Sorry, doc - couldn't resist.

Will you be at the Dean Caputo class prior to Pat's?

GLOCKMASTER
07-26-08, 21:18
Look! Jeff finally got a Navy guy to share a cabin in the woods with him. :eek: Watch out, John - he talks slowly but, he's tricky! ;)

I guess you are trying to be funny.:p

For a small fee I can sit on the front porch and play the banjo.;)

RWK
07-26-08, 21:44
I guess you are trying to be funny.:p

C'mon - you HAD to know that was coming! :D

Gutshot John
07-27-08, 14:37

Sorry to disappoint, I wasn't a bubblehead. :D

That's ok, payback is a m)%$*f)(ker.

Yep, will see you there.

BTW, I hope you guys like to eat, because I like to cook.

GLOCKMASTER
07-27-08, 15:41
BTW, I hope you guys like to eat, because I like to cook.

Cool beans. Doug Mitchell said he would provide the food if someone would cook. ;)

Plus most of the restaurants are not right around the corner.

Gutshot John
08-01-08, 17:12
Cool.

Let me know how many people and what people like and don't like to eat.

Gutshot John
08-08-08, 10:11
I'm trying to figure out arrangements.

From Pittsburgh it's about a 8-10 hour drive and so I'm thinking about flying instead. I know I'd have to check my carbine.

Is there an address to which we can ship guns, ammo, gear to save baggage fees.

I presume Raleigh Durham is the closest airport. Can anyone give me a lift from there? I'd certainly contribute gas money.

GLOCKMASTER
08-08-08, 18:52
I'm trying to figure out arrangements.

From Pittsburgh it's about a 8-10 hour drive and so I'm thinking about flying instead. I know I'd have to check my carbine.

Is there an address to which we can ship guns, ammo, gear to save baggage fees.

I presume Raleigh Durham is the closest airport. Can anyone give me a lift from there? I'd certainly contribute gas money.

PM sent.

GLOCKMASTER
08-23-08, 16:59
I had communication with Pat's assistant this week. This class is ALMOST FULL. If you are on the fence about attending, I would not wait any longer.

GLOCKMASTER
09-08-08, 15:42
This class is full with a standby list.:)