PDA

View Full Version : New Lone Ranger Movie

Spurholder
12-12-12, 13:46
I give you Johnny Depp as...Tonto.

http://disney.go.com/the-lone-ranger/#/trailer

woodandsteel
12-12-12, 14:52
I must say, after seeing that trailer, that looks like a good movie.

J-Dub
12-12-12, 16:30
I sure wish that fella would just go away.

But the jellyfish will eat it up......it seems to be mostly CGI which is all anyone cares about these days. Maybe it'll be in 3D too!!!!!!

SteyrAUG
12-12-12, 23:37
I think Depp did an amazing job in Blow and Public Enemies.

But Tonto?!? Really?

Guess it doesn't really matter, my money is on them ****ing it up anyway.

Ned Christiansen
12-13-12, 09:07
Johnny Depp can pull it off. I haven't seen anything he's done that he didn't do extremely well.

Anyway we should be happy somebody didn't say "Silver bullets? We gotta get some vampires into this one!"

Cincinnatus
12-13-12, 11:37
It can't possibly top the 1980 Legend of the Lone Ranger with Christopher Lloyd (and Merle Haggard doing the theme song). In the era of political correctness, any such movie is bound to be of the "white-man bad," "America sucks," ilk. For example, there is no way that the excellent Zulu movie, from 1964 starring Michael Caine, would ever get made today.

Zhurdan
12-13-12, 11:43
I didn't used to like Johnny Depp, but I must say, he's quite talented. He's changed my mine over the past decade.

I'll probably go see this when it comes out.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-13-12, 11:45
Depp is generally very entertaining to watch. This should be a fun movie, nothing more.

SteyrAUG
12-13-12, 14:08
Johnny Depp can pull it off. I haven't seen anything he's done that he didn't do extremely well.

Anyway we should be happy somebody didn't say "Silver bullets? We gotta get some vampires into this one!"

He probably can do it. But I think it was insensitive to have Tony Curtis portray Ira Hayes and having white guys play American Indians (cause everyone born here is a "native" American) is tantamount to black face.

I know it isn't intended as disrespectful, but I'm sure many would be annoyed if an American Indian played Sam Houston or Daniel Boone. In a similar vein having Will Smith play James West was just one of the many things that ruined the film version of The Wild, Wild West.

Trajan
12-13-12, 17:17
Growing up watching the Lone Ranger, I must say, they better not screw the pooch on this one.

Moose-Knuckle
12-13-12, 17:32
For a second there I thought I was watching a Village People music video . . . :rolleyes:

They should've casted Wes Studi (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0836071/) as Tonto. He is without a doubt one of the greats and just so happens to be in two of my all time favorite films. Depp is Disney's little bitch, that pimp him out and the money rolls in.

halo2304
12-13-12, 20:57

Anyway we should be happy somebody didn't say "Silver bullets? We gotta get some werewolves into this one!"

Fixed it for you! Holy water and sunlight for vampires, silver bullets for werewolves. Didn't you pay attention in Underworld? Or were you too busy staring at Kate Beckinsale's ass the whole time? :lol:

TAZ
12-13-12, 21:13
you pay attention in Underworld? Or were you too busy staring at Kate Beckinsale's ass the whole time? :lol:

There were Vampires and Werewolves in Underworld????

This has potential, and I'll probably go see it as I loved watching the Lone Ranger as a kid. Just hope Disnely doesn't mess it up with PC mumbo jumbo.

halo2304
12-13-12, 21:18
There were Vampires and Werewolves in Underworld????

This has potential, and I'll probably go see it as I loved watching the Lone Ranger as a kid. Just hope Disnely doesn't mess it up with PC mumbo jumbo.

Yes, there was...at least there was the fifth time I watched it! :D

The Lone Ranger movie does look pretty entertaining, but I wouldn't go see it expecting it to be anything more.

jaxman7
12-13-12, 23:19
For a second there I thought I was watching a Village People music video . . . :rolleyes:

They should've casted Wes Studi (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0836071/) as Tonto. He is without a doubt one of the greats and just so happens to be in two of my all time favorite films. Depp is Disney's little bitch, that pimp him out and the money rolls in.

Yep,

Wes Studi is one of the great underrated actors. His role in Michael Mann's Last of the Mohicans is a pivotal and pronounced role in the film (big Michael Mann fan).As well his part in another Mann film, Heat. Another underrated actor is Gary Oldman.

-Jax

Moose-Knuckle
12-14-12, 16:01
Yep,

Wes Studi is one of the great underrated actors. His role in Michael Mann's Last of the Mohicans is a pivotal and pronounced role in the film (big Michael Mann fan).As well his part in another Mann film, Heat. Another underrated actor is Gary Oldman.

-Jax

Mann's (big fan of his films) The Last of the Mohicans and Heat are exactly the two films I was refering too. :cool: