PDA

View Full Version : M4 Upper with MI Rail for approx. $600??????

exd3686
02-21-08, 21:58
I want a 16" M4 style upper with MI carbine length free float rail. I only have about $600 to spend. I have a BCG and charging handle already from another mil-spec AR. The only way that I have found to accomplish this is to get a Model 1 upper and they offer the MI rail as an option.

I wish I had the cash flow to afford a high quality upper. Any other suggestions on uppers that are in my price range. Any comments on the Model 1 uppers.

Thanks for your input.

Jerm
02-21-08, 22:27
you can get an LMT upper(they dont come with a BCG) with the Omega rail for $600-$700.

i think Rainier has that combo for $685.

edit-out of stock

i havent noticed the combo deal anywhere else for that specific set-up.but going price for them seperately would be a little over $700.

Jeffy
02-21-08, 22:29
I want a 16" M4 style upper with MI carbine length free float rail. I only have about $600 to spend. I have a BCG and charging handle already from another mil-spec AR. The only way that I have found to accomplish this is to get a Model 1 upper and they offer the MI rail as an option.

I wish I had the cash flow to afford a high quality upper. Any other suggestions on uppers that are in my price range. Any comments on the Model 1 uppers.

Thanks for your input.

Why not wait till you've saved up some more? Another option would be to buy an upper and then wait on the rails. For less then $600 you could have an LMT, Sabre Defense, RRA, Stag, etc... instead of a Model 1.

markm
02-22-08, 07:39
Call GandRtactical and ask if they have the LMT uppers on sale. Trust me.

Grant may even have the MI 20 FF rail. He would very likely install this for you if you buy it from him. If not, Rainierarms.com has them.

According to my calculations, you should be between $580-$600. Call Grant, Cleatus.

ejk3377
02-23-08, 13:06
Email me at ericj3377@yahoo.com I have an upper you might be interested in w/ pics. Eric

kittyhawk
02-23-08, 14:45
I second G&R, I just got my LMT 14.5" Upper in yesterday and WOW.....I already had a MI Rail not a FF but it fit Very Snug, Grant has some of the Best Prices out there.

Dave

oh yea stay FAR way Far away from model 1 sales, my frist upper was from them about 8 years ago and it was a POS....... Barrel nut was not tight and BCG staking was just a dimple not anywere being close to correct, There Customer service was a 0.