PDA

View Full Version : Powerful YouTube Video

SMETNA
12-13-12, 01:14
http://youtu.be/-vg7tqL983s

This sent a chill right to the core of me. Because I know how much resistance I'd meet to suggesting 24/7 multi-point security OP's if (when) things go sideways. Most of the people I expect to show up at my "Country relatives'" home, aka my BOL, are non-security conscious Fudd types, or worse.

I fully expect to have to do the majority of the security grunt work on my own if the shtf. Unless I can play this video for the others and drill some sense into them. We're too close to several urban high population areas right now . . . within one tank of gas. Too close.

alienb1212
12-13-12, 07:45
Has been posted here at least once but is a good perspective-enhancing video.

cmoore
12-13-12, 12:16
A great reminder of what lurks out there...

CRAMBONE
12-13-12, 12:33
LP/OPs, fire lanes, NVGs, supressors.....what I got from it.

Reagans Rascals
12-13-12, 13:49
home/land defensive security measures are not that complicated to construct if and when the situation should so arise... I have enough wild land, that if things were to go south, it would be a very ill advisable target to try and penetrate...

with just a simple post hole digger or shovel, and a knife... it would be very simple to construct crude punji pits around the property... among various other little treats like 550 cord, nails and shotgun shells/flares to alert for movement...

slowing movement is key... if you can slow the movement and dictate the tempo of the engagement you can swing things very fast in your favor...

it isn't about hardening the house to survive a full blown assault like some kinda bunker or safe... its about slowing their forward momentum as much as possible... to the point you can counter assault or at least circumvent their plan of action...

my property has enough creeks, trenches, bogs and brier thickets that it would be a chore for a group of any size to make their way through that with any speed

key focus would be on kill boxes, choke points.... Isogonic Lines of Drift.... don't become complacent relying on the terrain you'd expect them to come from...

SMETNA
12-13-12, 18:17
LP/OPs, fire lanes, NVGs, supressors.....what I got from it.

LP/OP and NVGs at least. What I got from it: whoever has 1st detection capability is more likely to win. 1st detection means 1st action

dseduce
12-20-12, 02:30
Wow...eye opener.