PDA

View Full Version : What model/cal Glocks are SOCOM usings?

joe scuba
02-22-08, 06:35
I would like to known what model and caliber Glock pistols that are in use by U.S. Army Special Operation. Has anyone seen a Model 82 Glock (no import markings)? I am not up to speed on Glocks, so thanks in advance for your answers.

Regards, Joe

ToddG
02-22-08, 08:55
Has anyone seen a Model 82 Glock (no import markings)?

Yes, I have. It was during my days as part of Seal Team Ranger Delta Six Recon on one of our missions to the year 2114 against the ecojihadists. I cannot go into more details, as all of our operations were classified Double Secret.

Failure2Stop
02-22-08, 09:08
I would like to known what model and caliber Glock pistols that are in use by U.S. Army Special Operation. Has anyone seen a Model 82 Glock (no import markings)? I am not up to speed on Glocks, so thanks in advance for your answers.

Regards, Joe

Joe, think about what you are asking. Would a member of any unit that needs clean weapons for it's members actually talk about what those weapons are on a public, traceable media?

Wayne Dobbs
02-22-08, 09:59
The U. S. Army Asymetric Warfare Group (AWG) is a SOCOM component and are using a limited number of G19s in the Middle East. I believe that LAV was fairly influential in the selection of this pistol and how it's set up.

SHIVAN
02-22-08, 11:16
The internet says that a special group got some G22's. Standard .40 S&W Gen3 Glocks. I don't know where I heard it, but that errornet rumor could be true. :)

joe scuba
02-22-08, 12:03
There is no such thing as a Glock 82. You might have been offered an early model G17 but there is no M82.

Do you think it could be a fake Glock from ASTAN? It looks like a factory produced weapon, but doesn't have a model number. The slide is marked on the non-ejection side as follows Glock logo then the number 82, 9mm Glock Austrian. The frame only has a serial number which matches the one on the slide ther is no other markings on the frame.

Regards, Joe

LukeMacGillie
02-22-08, 13:06
Its a plazma blaster in the 20 watt range

M4arc
02-22-08, 13:27
It could be an early G17 and I would love to see pictures of the markings. The "82" could have been done by a distributor or a PD but I'd love to see a picture. What is the serial number prefix? The prefix would tell us a lot.

DrMark
02-22-08, 13:56
Yes, I have. It was during my days as part of Seal Team Ranger Delta Six Recon on one of our missions to the year 2114 against the ecojihadists. I cannot go into more details, as all of our operations were classified Double Secret.

Cool! Did you serve with Jean-Claude Van Damme?

ToddG
02-22-08, 13:59
I'm sorry, but I've revealed too much already.

SHIVAN
02-22-08, 14:01
This thread just seems silly. Barring photos of subject pistol, this thread is going no where fast.