PDA

View Full Version : magpul camera strap :)

Honu
12-14-12, 00:13
I do photography for a living

and sure there are some here that might shoot as a hobby maybe even full time ?

camera straps are kinda like slings and quite a few types and I have seemed to use quite a few

right now I use a strap from a company called Black Rapid and I use their twin setup since I always have two cameras on me and for the most part like it but the hardware is cheap junk and a few things I dont like
this is another I like
http://www.carryspeed.com/products/fs-pro-camera-sling-strap-with-f-1-foldable-mounting-plate

and I need a thing called a Arca plate on the bottom its basically photographers Picatinny rail system

I had thought about using one of my magpul slings before but did not work out to well with the hardware on my camera ! so decided to come back and look at the MS3 model that is out now with a QD

got the female part of the QD and mounted it to my tripod plate (RRS) and have to say it is the best single camera sling system I have used !! keeps the camera in front of me not to the side
which I often hate when walking around with people
also bending down and straightening out dresses etc.. part of a wedding photographers job ;) my camera does not hit the ground

and I can take the camera on and off super fast if I need to for higher angle or lower shots

just cant wait for someone at the wedding to say HEY isnt that a magpul sling ! hahaahh

now I can say !

I have a magpul sling on my canon that I shoot brides with :)

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-14-12, 01:32
Uhm, pro camera guy; how about Kodaking the moment for us????

:p

Honu
12-14-12, 05:24
Uhm, pro camera guy; how about Kodaking the moment for us????

:p
going to get some shots this week of it :)