PDA

View Full Version : ? re BTF with Glocks

1oldgrunt
12-14-12, 19:01
does the brass to face mostly happen with those made 2010 to early 2012??

specifically do the newest gen 3 say T series Glock's still have this problem??

lastly is it only the 9's or do the 40's do this also??

thanks in advance.

PS I know there's pages about this but not much about most recent Glock 9's.

Iraqgunz
12-14-12, 19:07
pleze tipe in proper English iph you want to get a responce.

TriviaMonster
12-14-12, 19:16
my 3rd gen does not do this its a g23 in 40cal!!

c what I did there??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

FlyingHunter
12-14-12, 19:48
my 2010 gen 3 G19 does not

or if you prefer

dont not nevr fro tha brass in ma face

morbidbattlecry
12-14-12, 20:22
I have a T prefix gen 3 and it does still have the problem. Right out of the box. I bought it in october. If you want a glock buy a gen 4. They seam to be doing alot better and if not the Apex glock extractor is fixing the problem. Avoid Gen 3s like the plague.

AKDoug
12-15-12, 04:01
Fired the first 100 rounds out of a new purchased G19 Gen3 today. Lazy ejection right away. Brass to the head area at 90 rounds.

usmcvet
12-15-12, 06:48
Okay I've never notice this before. Is it consistent? I might just be a little slow I do catch brass at the range but I think the last few times were a fellow shooter. Every one of his casings hit me, kinda irritating but I still beat him on the dueling tree. :D I have a brand new G35 I need to take out next week. Is it across all of the Glock models?

Hmac
12-15-12, 07:36
My Gen 3 Glock 19, test fire date April 2012, would kick brass at my head about 3 rounds out of each magazine from the day it was new.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzmop7PlUxQ

Pisses me off because in my Glock ignorance I had only read about problems with the Gen 4, so purposely went with the Gen 3 assuming it to be more reliable. As it turns out, the original Gen 4 issues were pretty much fixed by recoil springs and the Gen 4 BTF issue appears to be more consistently solved by extractor fixes such as Apex's.

I solved my Glock BTF issue by getting a Walther PPQ. As an added bonus, Randy Lee/Apex Tactical fixed my Glock for $70. Too late though...the Glock is now relegated to the back of the safe. Feature for feature, dollar for dollar, the PPQ is a much better handgun IMHO. No need to rely solely on a pistol with known and demonstrated manufacturing and reliability issues.