PDA

View Full Version : Become a 2nd amendment community activist

polydeuces
12-15-12, 09:35
If we like our rights to remain as they are, now is probably a good time for us to become a bit more pro-active in protecting them.

Acknowledging that most "gun-control" laws are based on ignorance and fear, it would make sense to educate the masses.
We can do this on a grass roots level for instance by making ourselves heard and engaging in healthy discussions based on fact and reality with those opposed to this right.

One of the better places for this dialogue would be your "Local Liberal Radio station" (community radio, university radio, NPR) most of which have some call in show at some time of the day. Most take emails as well.

Anyone living in the Tampa bay area? There's WMNF radio, with a call-in show, hosted by Rob Lorei, an across the board very well informed balanced moderator. 813-239-9663, wmnf.org.
In the Tallahassee are is at least one university station.
In the Naples/Fort Myers area there is WGCU (Diane Reem show? - not sure about times etc.) - info can be found on their website - wgcu.org

Any other suggestions, area's, locales, if you have something perhaps list the info here, making it easy for anyone to do their part.

What say ye?

Straight Shooter
12-15-12, 09:39
ANYTHING, I MEAN ANYTHING, you/I/we try to do now will only add fuel on an already raging fire. You will only be preaching to the choir. As of now, for the near future, and maybe forever, the 2A AS WE KNEW IT, is lost.
But, if youve the time,will, and want to, go right ahead. Ive circled my wagons, and am "gettin mine" while there is something left to get.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-15-12, 09:55
Stop calling it 2A rights and just call it civil rights. Who can be against civil rights?

theblackknight
12-15-12, 10:17
Because your not advocating the 5th amendment? That tactical rebranding move is something the left(do I just say that?) does all the time.

JBecker 72
12-15-12, 10:23
Can we have discussions without members throwing in their knee jerk reactions and feelings on how we are all doomed and might as well give up? It literally adds nothing of value to the topic.

ANYTHING, I MEAN ANYTHING, you/I/we try to do now will only add fuel on an already raging fire. You will only be preaching to the choir. As of now, for the near future, and maybe forever, the 2A AS WE KNEW IT, is lost.
But, if youve the time,will, and want to, go right ahead. Ive circled my wagons, and am "gettin mine" while there is something left to get.

Caps lock. Serious business. :rolleyes:

theblackknight
12-15-12, 11:33
But emotional irrational responses are only for those damn liberals.

sent from mah gun,using my sights

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-15-12, 12:40

Straight Shooter,

It seems like almost every post you make is crying about how its the end, no reason to try because we have already lost. Nut the **** up, stop whining and crying, and do something about the problem. America wasnt founded by complainers....

The rat race is over. The rats have won.

Dont complain about the other side winning if you didnt do anything to stop them.

ETA: Allow me to clairfy. I do not aim to offend you. You are obviously a man with a fire inside of you, put it to good use! Help the cause, dont give up just yet. You and I are former Marines with a love for our country, lets join together and stop this batshit craziness from spreading. I hate to see once proud Americans give up the fight.

Mauser KAR98K
12-15-12, 12:53

Does that mean you are selling your guns? How much you want for them?

polydeuces
12-15-12, 13:26
Wow....this one got completely derailed before even leaving the station......

How quickly it devolved into (lack of) substance worthy of some juvenile chat-forum is beyond my comprehension - something I've been noticing as of lately, and very much not what this forum stands for - I always had the belief.

If we can't even do this without derogatory comments back and forth, we indeed stand very little hope getting our point across. Very sad indeed.

So with that, perhaps a reminder is in order:
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=70019

In this case, this thread, I was merely suggesting participation and asking to contribute information.
Anything else is completely irrelevant.

Thank you.