PDA

View Full Version : Gun Poll...

J Krammes
12-15-12, 16:04
Hit this poll.

abcnews.gocom/

I let the "dot" out before com on purpose so the link is cold. Just copy and add the dot.

ralph
12-15-12, 18:25
Hit this poll.

abcnews.gocom/

I let the "dot" out before com on purpose so the link is cold. Just copy and add the dot.

I hit it...So far, a little over 10,000 in our favor..8000+ wanting more gun control..

mnoe82
12-15-12, 18:38
I can't find the poll. I'm looking all over their site and its not showing up for me.

tb-av
12-15-12, 18:57
I can't find the poll. I'm looking all over their site and its not showing up for me.

You probably have a pop-up blocker or something like Noscript running.

https://www.m4carbine.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=14523&stc=1&d=1355619372

An Undocumented Worker
12-15-12, 19:20
Here is the link to the actual poll that abc is pulling from

http://www.soda head.com/united-states/should-there-be-stricter-gun-control-laws/question-3390829

J Krammes
12-15-12, 19:58
Don't hot link to those sites. They can see the votes come from a gun related site and most likely will remove them.

feedramp
12-15-12, 20:08
Don't hot link to those sites. They can see the votes come from a gun related site and most likely will remove them.

Yep, wouldn't be too hard to count the number of referrals coming from this domain and then subtract that many No votes. But if they're willing to manipulate the results, why not just simply remove as many as they need to create the outcome they desire, regardless of referral data?

GeorgiaBoy
12-15-12, 20:19
Yep, wouldn't be too hard to count the number of referrals coming from this domain and then subtract that many No votes. But if they're willing to manipulate the results, why not just simply remove as many as they need to create the outcome they desire, regardless of referral data?

It wouldn't be manipulating results. It would be making sure results are accurate.

It's unfair no matter which side the voting is for. Baiting a large volume of voters from biased websites creates a biased poll. The poll's reliability and crediblity requires voters to be diverse.

Cagemonkey
12-15-12, 20:30
Looks pretty much like an election electoral map. Red state vs. Blue state. Go figure!