PDA

View Full Version : keyhole upper

warpigM-4
02-22-08, 14:59
ok I just got a upper and it has a keyhole stamp on it .It was listed as a WOA UPPER.but i thought keyhole stamps were used by colt ??and it is more a flat black then the satin finish on my double star lower.so what is a good quick easy way to get that satin finish to match .duracoat?. any help will be great my barrel came in today so i need to get this done fast .:

Robb Jensen
02-22-08, 16:20
The symbol is from the forging company..........Cerro Forge.

warpigM-4
02-22-08, 16:31
The symbol is from the forging company..........Cerro Forge.
ah they have made uppers for colt too?I am a newbie as you can tell.trained with a Colt M-4 and had to have one once i got home from training .can't afford a colt right now but hope to bulid one up soon.thank you for letting me know about the upper

Robb Jensen
02-22-08, 16:52
ah they have made uppers for colt too?I am a newbie as you can tell.trained with a Colt M-4 and had to have one once i got home from training .can't afford a colt right now but hope to bulid one up soon.thank you for letting me know about the upper

Yes Colt uses Cerro forgings quite often.

RAM Engineer
02-22-08, 18:04

not to put too fine a point on it, but iirc Cerro makes the FORGINGS that Colt machines into uppers. As GotM4 pointed out, Colt actually makes the uppers.

Lawdog537
02-22-08, 18:31
I noticed the same marking on two of my three S&W uppers as well, and wondered what it meant..Thanks. Now I wonder why it is only on two of the three................................

warpigM-4
02-23-08, 16:07
not to put too fine a point on it, but iirc Cerro makes the FORGINGS that Colt machines into uppers. As GotM4 pointed out, Colt actually makes the uppers.
Roger on the colt machines their own.I remember seeing a colt with the keyhole..I know that just because the mark is there not to get it confused with a colt.Im sure the machine work colt has is a step above what I have .but on a budget it will have to work for now:D thanks for the info guys:D