PDA

View Full Version : Lancer L15 lower v. regular lower w/ flared magwell

milosz
12-16-12, 02:38
Christmas for myself is going to be a lower to build up in the spring. Weighing the Lancer L15 and (most likely) a Rainier Arms lower.

The Lancer system is interesting, but I'm not sure about the extra complication of the add-on magwells - seemingly, nothing should be able to go wrong, but there's always a chance.
Is it really that much faster to change mags with the Tactical or Competition magwell than something like the Rainier/Mega that's flared?

seb5
12-16-12, 08:39
Yes, for an experienced advanced shooter it should be a bit faster. You have to decide if that is what you're after. Unless you're in the top percentage with your skill level now you'll never tell the difference. I just sourced a Rainier complete lower for a friend and it appears to be just like my Noveske's and BCM's. I prefer standard lowers. Do you currently own an AR? If not stay with the standard for your first. If you do and have trainined shot it enough you should be qualified enough to make your own decision.

sinlessorrow
12-16-12, 13:16
The lancer mag well is really designed for gamers who would truly notice the difference a huge mag well makes. It should be durable as they have run them alot in comps.