PDA

View Full Version : W T F IS GOING ON!!

Gunfighter.45
12-16-12, 12:34
Where are all these crazy/insane people coming from? Seems like there all coming out the freaking wood works the past couple of months. W T F IS GOING ON!!!

http://news.msn.com/us/ind-man-with-47-guns-arrested-after-school-threat

sinlessorrow
12-16-12, 12:37
Where are all these crazy/insane people coming from? Seems like there all coming out the freaking wood works the past couple of months. W T F IS GOING ON!!!

Even negative attention is attention.

The media plays up these criminals like they are superstars, everyone wants to a superstar.

kwelz
12-16-12, 12:43
It is that time of year.

sinlessorrow
12-16-12, 12:55
It is that time of year.

True, christmas time often has numerous suicides/deaths. Combine that with the media treating killers like celebrities and the whole myan prophecy which has had numerous shows on history over the past month telling people the world is about to end and its no wonder.

The media/tv plays on fears and when you have a mentally unstable person takin it all in, they have no rational way to discern the truth. Things happens.

ra2bach
12-16-12, 13:09
someone just posted these statistics - app 55% of these shootings occur in schools or colleges and an additional 10% occur in churches - known gun-free zones... I am personally never going to refer to any of these places as "gun-free" zones again but call them Free-Fire zones.

in almost every one of these cases when the individual was resisted they turned the gun on themselves. they are cowards, basically, and this is demonstrated in the fact that not one of these shootings has taken place in a police station, gun store, or any other place one might expect to find armed people. no, they choose these free-fire zones where they know they won't encounter armed resistance.

the problem is these people are not only interested in shooting people but that they are sick people who have the intention of ending their own lives but in a spectacular fashion that gives them some justification, vindication, or meaning to the act. Morgan Freeman, who I happen to not agree with most of the time but think he is on the right track here, stated the reason we are seeing so much of this lately is the way the media sensationalizes this. He says that no one knows the name of a single victim of the KY or CO shooting but everyone remembers the name Klebold and his associate.

the issue is not the weapon they chose to carry out their manifestation of mental illness, it is that good-minded people are so misguided that they believe the only way to protect against this is to disarm good people and hope that this casts a big enough net that it will catch anyone with potentially bad intentions. with the current legislation, pushed through by well-intentioned but clueless as to real cause and effect people, this has the exact opposite effect of creating not "safety zones" but "Free-Fire zones" that are magnets for the mentally ill.

as a father with three kids in school, I am horrified that this occurs. I think the NRA has totally missed the boat on this and have stated so to their representatives. I think they should be out ahead of these things by actively campaigning for repeal of these stupid laws and training and certifying any teachers willing to do so to be able to carry firearms in schools.

proven time and time again - the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun!

sinlessorrow
12-16-12, 13:20
The oregon mall shooting proves your point, when confronted by a person with a CCW he turend the gun on himself, like he would have done when cops arrived, just like the shooter at the school did when cops arrived.

ICANHITHIMMAN
12-16-12, 13:27
Christmas and 12/21/2012 nuts are abound this year. Needless to say carry your gun or be a victim.

SteyrAUG
12-16-12, 13:27
I think I found the problem.

"is a known member of the Invaders Motorcycle Gang."

Mauser KAR98K
12-16-12, 13:37

"Ah, well, there's ya problem. Its a mental defiecency of being a true 1%er. Yup, that be it."

Ever wonder how the outlaw bike gangs took the 99% crowd?

Denali
12-16-12, 13:51

If you'd ever worked for any length of time on a closed psychiatric unit, you'd have your answer...If you attended military basic training you should also have a better grasp of the possibilities...

krisjon
12-16-12, 14:14
Our media carries a huge part of the blame.

They sensationalize these killers/crazies to the point where everyone knows and remembers their name, instead of the victims.

These people go out in a horrible blaze of glory. What sociopath doesn't want that?

feedramp
12-16-12, 19:09
The problem with the media's guilt in all of this is that it will never get much attention because that requires the media to promote it.

Posted from my Obamaphone.

Sensei
12-16-12, 19:26

Actually, I think this is a bigger problem:

Interim Cedar Lake Police Chief Jerry Smith said Sunday he doesn't think 60-year-old Von I. Meyer was serious when he made the alleged school threat Friday hours before a deadly shooting rampage at a Connecticut elementary school.

When a member of a gang threatens to kill kids at a school - believe them! There is no margin for error. Perhaps it is time to get a new chief.

After all, it is not like the gang has a history of violence...
http://www.kmov.com/news/local/68876992.html

Bubba FAL
12-16-12, 22:15
Media sensationalism certainly has a place, I agree.

I think we are missing another key piece (or two) of the puzzle, though.

For a generation or more, kids have been taught that they are mere accidents of nature, trained up in moral relativism, one "choice" away from not being born, and have watched the destruction of their family units. At the same time, society severly hamstrings a parent's ability to discipline their children.

Now we wonder why there are so many now in society with no empathy? No respect for elders/authorities? We have bred a society of sociopaths - uncaring, unfeeling, concerned more about their own selves because that's what they've been taught.

PdxMotoxer
12-17-12, 02:49
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/PdxMotoXer/forcast.jpg

But Yes i do put a ton of the blame on the media making them household names. BUT been that way all my life.
Pretty Much everyone knows Abraham Lincoln was the 16th POTUS
and most know he was shot by John Wilkes Booth.

but ask who his VP was??? He even took over as POTUS but many
don't even know it was Andrew Johnson.

and Same goes through out history even most know Prez Regan's
attempted killer was John Hinckley, Jr. but how many can name
the FOUR people he shot???

How about the Columbine High School shootings????
TWO shooters Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold murdered a total of 12 students and one teacher.
Can anyone name any of the victims?? (those not related and im sorry for your loss) But the media made Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold
household names.

How F'in bad is it when history books and schools are teaching
more about the shooters than the victims or in Assassinations
you have a better chance of being remembered as a "shooter"
than the Vice President of these United states.

Cereal killers get time-life books wrote about them
how about their victims or even the law enforcement who brought
them down and stopped them. maybe just a name in the book about the killer.

Stop giving these douchebags press and let them rot in hell
as a nameless shooter.

Hehuhates
12-17-12, 02:55
^^all of that^^

Zhurdan
12-17-12, 08:44
Cereal killers get time-life books wrote about them
how about their victims or even the law enforcement who brought
them down and stopped them. maybe just a name in the book about the killer.

http://killerhockey.org/images/logo.psd.jpg

Sorry, not to be all nit picky, but it's Serial killers. BTW, you made me spit coffee out my nose.

On topic, I can't agree more than the media has a very large role in the continued stupidity we are seeing. Unfortunately, they're only putting up what people soak in. Chicken or egg here, but what propagated this nonsense? Did the media just toss it out there one day and the masses lapped it up like good dogs or are people seeking this garbage out to the point where someone saw a trend?

I don't watch enough of the TV media to really know, so I thought I'd ask if anyone else sees some sort of pattern.

platoonDaddy
12-17-12, 09:15
Just keep on coming!

Ridgefield Schools On Lockdown After Reports Of Man Carrying Rifle In Area.
December 17, 2012 10:02 AM

Connecticut State Police Lt. Paul Vance said during a Monday morning news conference in Newtown that officers have been dispatched to Ridgefield.

Located 30 minutes from Newtown.

http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/2012/12/17/ridgefield-schools-on-lockdown-after-reports-of-man-carrying-rifle-in-area/

30 cal slut
12-17-12, 09:17
It's probably just hysteria.

Anyone toting anything that's longer than it's wide is carrying a gun. :rolleyes:

Mjolnir
12-17-12, 09:40
MK Ultra-type programs maybe.