PDA

View Full Version : Lower Parts

gimpy
12-16-12, 21:09
I'm looking at building a lower, and can't decide between the DD lpk or the deal PSA has on the MOE kit. I understand the MOE kit comes with the receiver extension and stock and the DD kit is everything but this, and the savings is pretty good with PSA. Is there any noticeable difference between what DD is making and what PSA is offering to make it a better choice to get the DD kit?

AKDoug
12-16-12, 21:24
I have no clue if they are much different. I have two DD LPK's and have been waiting for over two months for notification on another one. After a month I just bought a PSA LPK and my daughter and I put it in her lower. Seems to be just fine. I'd buy the first one you can get.

m1a_scoutguy
12-17-12, 00:01
Get the PSA LPK and don't worry about it !! Keep your eyes peeled for the DD Kit,,but don't sweat it !! I have used the DD LPK and there trigger seemed better than most,,but other than that,,probably not much difference !! I have use LPKs from Model 1 Sales,,DPMS,,,,PSA,,,DD,CMMG,etc,,,,and never really found much difference in any of them,,other than a better trigger here or there,,thats about it !! Yea,,yea,,we will get the Mil-Spec this or that,story & it has some merit,,,,but,, like I said,,I have built alot of rifles with different Kits and all are still going strong !!! YMMV ! ;)

johnpuga1982
12-17-12, 00:09
I have no clue if they are much different. I have two DD LPK's and have been waiting for over two months for notification on another one. After a month I just bought a PSA LPK and my daughter and I put it in her lower. Seems to be just fine. I'd buy the first one you can get.

I just ordered a DD LPK from Midway USA. Also, there's a few on Amazon.

Iraqgunz
12-17-12, 01:09
If you can't find an LPK, your best option is to get ALG QMS fire control groups, then the few remaining items to round out your kit.

AKDoug
12-17-12, 01:17
Backorder? I was looking today and they were out. Just looked again and same deal at Midway. Did manage to get a 6.8 bolt I needed from them today, though.

Good call on Amazon. Never even thought to look there. Learn something new every night. Too bad they don't have BCG's or lowers :D

RMiller
12-17-12, 01:20
The LPK kits over at G&R tactical are the shit. LMT hardware with your choice of trigger group.

AKDoug
12-17-12, 01:24
Backorder? I was looking today and they were out. Just looked again and same deal at Midway. Did manage to get a 6.8 bolt I needed from them today, though.

Good call on Amazon. Never even thought to look there. Learn something new every night. Too bad they don't have BCG's or lowers :D

AKDoug
12-17-12, 01:25
The LPK kits over at G&R tactical are the shit. LMT hardware with your choice of trigger group. Back ordered at least for the last 6 weeks since I asked to be on the email list.

RMiller
12-17-12, 01:30
Back ordered at least for the last 6 weeks since I asked to be on the email list.

Good thing I snagged mine when I did! Parts are becoming way to scarce......

gimpy
12-17-12, 09:41
I ended up buying the PSA kit. I figured I would never wear it out.

markm
12-17-12, 09:49
The DD kit is pretty nice. The niced packed LPK I've seen yet..

Donut
12-17-12, 13:24
I've assembled two lowers with the PSA lower build kits, and of those two, one had the standard, run of the mill "mil-spec" trigger pull, but the other had a nice, clean-breaking trigger pull.

AKDoug
12-17-12, 15:26
You'll get the same thing out of DD kits. We have two kits and a DD rifle from DD with three different trigger pulls. That's what you get with a mil spec trigger.

Bulletdog
12-17-12, 16:00
I just put in four of the DD kits. They have all been fine so far, but I can't say I love the trigger. No worse than any other standard AR trigger though.

I got mine from Midway. They had a "one LPK per customer per 48 hours", and they enforced it to the minute. I just had a bunch of friends and family call up and order them. Got me what I needed. Went around the stupid policy. Really glad I did this because when MY 48 hours was up, they were sold out.