PDA

View Full Version : Considering KAC sr 15 legacy silver Ed. Thoughts? Advice?..

Deltaspeed93
12-16-12, 22:52
I have owned a few colt LE 6920s and am thinking about getting an sr15.
HOWEVER it is the older one and is a legacy edition in silver. I don't know what I think about a silver rifle?...my HK usp c .45 is an exception.

Are the older sr 15 good?
I know the military uses their rail ras ris but are the rifles proven? Or worth the $$$ for that matter. I guess if it was black It could be no brainer and I know a little Cerekote can go a long way.

I was considering an fn scar or an ex Leo grade B condition Swiss arms 551 not a sauer.

Thanks.

VIP3R 237
12-16-12, 22:59
Do it. If you gave a chance to pick one up I think its a no brainer. IMO the SR15 is about as good as it gets in the ar15 platform. I love my black model.

Deltaspeed93
12-16-12, 23:31
It's the E3 older version. I think I'll go for it!

I guess my only other woes are I heard the front sight is crap and it using some proprietary parts but that's it...

Can I just use my colt parts like the buffer assembly spring other than the bolt /carrier and DI tube

Which parts are compatible?

mtdawg169
12-17-12, 08:30
I have owned a few colt LE 6920s and am thinking about getting an sr15.
HOWEVER it is the older one and is a legacy edition in silver. I don't know what I think about a silver rifle?...my HK usp c .45 is an exception.

Are the older sr 15 good?
I know the military uses their rail ras ris but are the rifles proven? Or worth the $$$ for that matter. I guess if it was black It could be no brainer and I know a little Cerekote can go a long way.

I was considering an fn scar or an ex Leo grade B condition Swiss arms 551 not a sauer.

Thanks.

The legacy SR15 is a great rifle. The only difference between it and the MOD1 is the rail and how the gas block is attached. It's basically the same gun. If you can get a good deal on the cerakoted gun, go for it.

midSCarolina
12-17-12, 12:33
It will be a great rifle... an ugly color but a solid rifle. Hit it will a gunkote / cerakote and it will be 100%

chakup
12-17-12, 12:40
I got a tan SR15 upper, you won't be disappointed. One of, if not the, smoothest AR I've handled and shot.

VIP3R 237
12-17-12, 18:35
It's the E3 older version. I think I'll go for it!

I guess my only other woes are I heard the front sight is crap and it using some proprietary parts but that's it...

Can I just use my colt parts like the buffer assembly spring other than the bolt /carrier and DI tube

Which parts are compatible?

If you end up not caring for the silver i happen to know someone who might be willing to trade with a black one.