PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed in Stag Arms

sargoodwin
12-17-12, 14:42
I am very disappointed in Stag Arms. I am trying to build an AR for a brother firefighter who has brain cancer. He would like a left handed upper since he is cross-eye dominant. Stag makes them, but are on high back order due to popularity. If the circumstances were different I would have no problem getting on a backorder list. After dealing with Stag for over two weeks asking for help (and willing to pay, not looking for a handout here) they flat out said "NO we can't help you." Please share this. Hopefully, in the future, they will be more willing to support the customers who support them. If you know of anyone willing to part with a quality milspec lefty upper please contact me.

Best Regards,
John

Wake27
12-17-12, 14:44
If you spend a few minutes around here just about everyone will tell you Stag sucks anyways.

sargoodwin
12-17-12, 14:47
Yeah, I see that now. Unfortunately, this was my first and probably last interaction with them. Doesn't matter to me, it is my fellow firefighter that I want to help.

masakari
12-17-12, 14:56
I am very disappointed in Stag Arms. I am trying to build an AR for a brother firefighter who has brain cancer. He would like a left handed upper since he is cross-eye dominant. Stag makes them, but are on high back order due to popularity. If the circumstances were different I would have no problem getting on a backorder list. After dealing with Stag for over two weeks asking for help (and willing to pay, not looking for a handout here) they flat out said "NO we can't help you." Please share this. Hopefully, in the future, they will be more willing to support the customers who support them. If you know of anyone willing to part with a quality milspec lefty upper please contact me.

Best Regards,
John

I neglect to see what Stag Arms has done wrong here.
I like Stag quality, but there are plenty of other brands... if you are so die hard against them now, check out the Noveske lefties, or maybe even the new RRA lefties.

Hmac
12-17-12, 14:59
Stag doesn't suck and I don't think that's the general consensus here, but it is true that one could buy a rifle of higher demonstrated quality for not that much more money. And in the category of left-handedness, they're one of very few.

I understand the OP's passion for his friend, but I'm not sure he'd get any more special consideration from any of the other manufacturers. ALL of their customers support them and they likely feel just as much of an obligation to those that are already on the waiting list. Wait times are brutal these days and getting worse. There are a lot of people trying to score and AR and components these days.

I'm sorry for your friend. I hope you can get it worked out. Perhaps you should start calling around to other dealers and manufacturers and see it they are willing to jump you ahead. Adding an ambidextrous safety selector such as B.A.D.A.S.S., an ambidextrous charging handle such as Ranier's Raptor, and an ambi mag release like a Norgon makes for a completely serviceable rifle to shoot left handed.

ETA: Here's a place that has a Noveske LH upper, apparently in stock http://www.lefthandrifles.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=upper16&cat=6&page=1&search=&since=&status=&title=

sargoodwin
12-17-12, 15:07
I will be checking into other companies. I chose to start with Stag as that is the lower that my friend already bought. Again, I am not questioning Stag's quality, just looking for another alternative given the situation. I am not trying to bash Stag, again just disappointed. If the final answer was "no" as it was, I just wish it had not taken weeks so I could pursue other avenues. Thanks for letting me know who else is out there.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-17-12, 15:09
I fail to see the issue big enough that you should publicly bemoan a company on the internet....

lethal dose
12-17-12, 15:11
Also, I'd look into a right hand upper. There is little benefit to a left hand upper, even for a left handed person. To add, bolts are proprietary, etc. Lefties in the military aren't issued a left handed upper and deal just fine. Sorry about your friend, prayers out.

sargoodwin
12-17-12, 15:18
I am going to be talking to my friend more about going with a standard upper.

@LSHD - Again, I just wished to convey disappointment, as the title says. Maybe its because I do a job that is dedicated to helping others in need, no questions asked. I plan to start a holster company in the coming year and if someone approached me with the same situation, whether I knew someone with brain cancer or not, I would do everything I could to accommodate their request. Again, not looking to a free upper or anything of the sort. I don't wish to start a pissing match about anything. Just stating what happened.

Wake27
12-17-12, 15:23
Stag doesn't suck and I don't think that's the general consensus here, but it is true that one could buy a rifle of higher demonstrated quality for not that much more money. And in the category of left-handedness, they're one of very few.

Maybe that's just a better way to put it.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-17-12, 15:23
I am going to be talking to my friend more about going with a standard upper.

@LSHD - Again, I just wished to convey disappointment, as the title says. Maybe its because I do a job that is dedicated to helping others in need, no questions asked. I plan to start a holster company in the coming year and if someone approached me with the same situation, whether I knew someone with brain cancer or not, I would do everything I could to accommodate their request. Again, not looking to a free upper or anything of the sort. I don't wish to start a pissing match about anything. Just stating what happened.

Ive been working Mil (and now LE) my entire adult life, with no plans to stop. I do not expect any company to put me ahead of anybody else simply because of the work I do. Civil service involves sacrifice, but it also doesnt make any of us better than anyone else. What sort of business practice would it be if a company bumped every order back any time that a fireman/cop/soldier/EMT etc wanted to place an order?

sargoodwin
12-17-12, 15:27
I did not mean to imply that my job should hold special privileges. The cancer is what caused the time crunch and where my concern lies. Being a firefighter is simply how I know this man. If he was a friend in any other line of work my concern and want to help him would not be any less. I would have followed the same course.

theblackknight
12-17-12, 15:37
Thier 3gun upper with the dueck irons looks pretty sweet.