PDA

View Full Version : What to do from here....

Hootiewho
12-18-12, 11:39
Guys,

I had a long write up, because it bothers me to see so many essentially throwing in the towel on this one already.

We as a community have gained huge grounds in the past few years. Just because some networks cancel certain shows, and because those same networks are calling for a ban and saying even our side wants a ban, doesn't mean a thing. It is by the book Psych Ops. Do all you can to bring in as many new shooters as possible. There are countless ways to volunteer your time in gun related events. If there is something you want to see happen in your area, step up and make it happen.

It will only be through numbers that we prevail. We need to be reaching out and educating people, bringing in new shooters, and trying to make each shooting sub-group (hunters, trap shooters, bench rest, tactical guys....) work together and not be our own worst enemies. But whatever you do, don't conceed anything just because you feel it is a done deal.

nineteenkilo
12-18-12, 13:50
Well done, Sir. Well done.

Doc Safari
12-18-12, 13:53
"What to do from here..."

In 25 words or less: CALM THE **** DOWN.

Time will cause the hysteria to subside, and by then we will have an idea of just what is getting ready to happen.

God forbid there should be another school shooting anytime soon though...

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-18-12, 13:55
Agreed, good post. We can not let the media dictate how this will be fought, we have know for years what side they fight for. It sickens me to see the cowards on our side already collaborating, but I feel that they are few and far between.

Failure2Stop
12-18-12, 14:01
"What to do from here..."

In 25 words or less: CALM THE **** DOWN.

Time will cause the hysteria to subside, and by then we will have an idea of just what is getting ready to happen.

God forbid there should be another school shooting anytime soon though...

The problem is that legislation could be slipped into any "must pass" bill that's about to come to vote.

Mauser KAR98K
12-18-12, 14:04
The problem is that legislation could be slipped into any "must pass" bill that's about to come to vote.

I.E. the fiscal cliff that is ever looming.

Hootiewho
12-18-12, 14:34

I agree 110%, I am as worried as the next guy & I'm not jumping on you F2S. 1994-2004 sucked. My only point was for the ones who are already making mental concessions is to put what effort & energy it takes to nay say on here about it into actually go do something to try and keep it from happening. Like, today is Tues. Many go to church on Wed nights. Call your pastor today and try to get him to let you address the church tomorrow night. Do what they do & organize to raise awareness & verbal hell if you can. It sure might enough happen, but it hasn't yet, so don't give up. I know in those 10 years of 94-04, I had tons of regret for not putting effort into pushing against the ban. Lots of young shooters on here don't remember it. It sucked.

Moltke
12-18-12, 14:39
Contact your elected officials and urge them not to diminish your 2A rights in any way whatsoever. Posting about it online is not enough.

Call and email your elected officials, and get your friends to as well.

brickboy240
12-18-12, 14:41
The "cowards" were never truly ON our side.

Joe Scarborough, Michael Bloomberg and that guy from WV were NEVER true devotees of the Second.

The media is a HUGE problem in how this all plays out....sad but true. They have shown in the past that they will either make stuff up or not report on items that would help our side of the argument at all.

-brickboy240

Failure2Stop
12-18-12, 14:41
I agree 110%, I am as worried as the next guy & I'm not jumping on you F2S. 1994-2004 sucked. My only point was for the ones who are already making mental concessions is to put what effort & energy it takes to nay say on here about it into actually go do something to try and keep it from happening. Like, today is Tues. Many go to church on Wed nights. Call your pastor today and try to get him to let you address the church tomorrow night. Do what they do & organize to raise awareness & verbal hell if you can. It sure might enough happen, but it hasn't yet, so don't give up. I know in those 10 years of 94-04, I had tons of regret for not putting effort into pushing against the ban. Lots of young shooters on here don't remember it. It sucked.

Agreed.
The words of reason and logic must be expressed to as wide of an audience as possible.

Hootiewho
12-18-12, 14:48
Take a note pad & write down every product you see advertised, esp on prime time, on the networks. Write letter, emails & make phone calls expressing your boycott of said products & why. Email those letter outlines to everyone you know & have them follow suit. The dollar dictates policy.

Something I have never understood is how the big union automakers pay tens of thousands of dollars for prime ad spots in NRA publications as well as other gun mags, but then the unions turn right around and fund the very type of politicians whom seek to ban the guns that are in the magazines they advertise in?

RogerinTPA
12-18-12, 14:51
Write, email, or call your congressman's office and let them know emphatically that you do not support another AWB. Have all your friends and neighbors do it and have their friends do it.

Doc Safari
12-18-12, 14:51
Take a note pad & write down every product you see advertised, esp on prime time, on the networks. Write letter, emails & make phone calls expressing your boycott of said products & why. Email those letter outlines to everyone you know & have them follow suit. The dollar dictates policy.

Something I have never understood is how the big union automakers pay tens of thousands of dollars for prime ad spots in NRA publications as well as other gun mags, but then the unions turn right around and fund the very type of politicians whom seek to ban the guns that are in the magazines they advertise in?

I'm with you on this one. In fact I wanted to do stuff like this before the 1994 ban.

We need to get tough. We need to let companies know if they are anti-gun we will not buy their products. We need to let cable TV stations know that if they cancel gun-related programming we will contact our cable providers demanding they drop that channel.

Hootiewho
12-18-12, 15:28
The left gets stuff done by being loud & often times playing dirty.

We by nature are a peaceful abiding people. You have to make noise to be heard & taken seriously.

Doc Safari
12-18-12, 15:30
The left gets stuff done by being loud & often times playing dirty.

We by nature are a peaceful abiding people. You have to make noise to be heard & taken seriously.

That's the spirit! Anything nasty but legal is fair game, I say.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-18-12, 15:36
Ive been sharing this video all over the place, I urge you all to start "making noise" and being heard. Annoy the hell out of people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=evEg1VNfX3o

PA PATRIOT
12-18-12, 15:42
I am spending money with pro-gun businesses to help boast their bottom line then afterwords send a e-mail with my receipt or transaction number with a brief note telling them why I spent my hard earned dollars with them.

By doing so it may help remind these businesses that the Gun owning members of society are watching and rewarding pro-gun businesses accordingly with their purchases.

Moltke
12-18-12, 15:49
Ive been sharing this video all over the place, I urge you all to start "making noise" and being heard. Annoy the hell out of people.

OK well thats funny.

PA PATRIOT
12-18-12, 15:52

Just spammed that link to everyone on my contact list.

DreadPirateMoyer
12-18-12, 16:12
(post removed by DPM; new thread created with more information and more specifics)

Moose-Knuckle
12-18-12, 16:57
Keep buying shit; EVERYONE is out of mags, ammo, etc. My local Cabelas and Academy had lines that wrapped around the stores on Saturday morning. This is good! I hope every firearm, firearm accessory, and ammunition component is bought out. I hope the manufactures have to double their shifts and make a HUGE profit from our .gov/media's agenda.

We saw A LOT of fence riders and naysayers after Barry's re-election . . . there won't be a ban b-a-a-a-a b-a-a-a, no new legislation the Rhinos have the house b-a-a-a b-a-a-a . . . :rolleyes: This has woken people the f**k up.

SpookyPistolero
12-18-12, 17:09
Aside from all of the above, let's not forget the NRA! Like them or not, they're the largest interest group we have got. Join now! Get your wife, cousin, uncle, grocer, fifth grade teacher to join! A membership makes a good stocking stuffer. :-)

As said, we cannot go quietly into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light!

The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital.

TacMedic556
12-18-12, 17:24
Not a PMAG in town. Online EVERYWHERE was sold out. Crazy times. I had a phone in each hand calling calling NOVESKE all day. Have not been able to get through to a single person. BCM won't even let you past voicemail. Nothing can be purchased.

RogerinTPA
12-18-12, 21:24
If you didn't adequately prep prior to this past election, don't say no one warned you. 9mm online is still plentiful, but everything else is drying up fast. I'd stick to finding what's left on the net vs local gun stores. Some of my neighbors are panicking after seeing the local prices. I just shrug and say "Oh well!", then walk away. It is truly insane out there.

Hootiewho
12-19-12, 09:22
Ok,
So I have drafted up a letter to be sent out to thousands via several local shooting based business' email list. I'm also trying to get a spot on local talk radio to beat the drums. We'll see how that goes. This is the type of things we have to do guys. We have to make this a valid concern of all gun owners. We need everyone, as a grassroots push to big to ignore.

brickboy240
12-19-12, 11:45
Yep...keep buying items that might get banned.

However, I'd stay away from the shysters selling P-mags for 60 bucks a pop or other craziness. If you pay crazy prices...you are only encouraging this practice.

If certain sellers had to sit on their mountain of 60 dollar P-mags....they'd eventually drop their prices but SOME MORON out there is paying these prices.

Buy...but do so smartly. Punish the gougers by not buying their overpriced crap.

-brickboy240

Hootiewho
12-19-12, 12:29
Here's another thing, I was talking to some guys in my local breakfast stop this morning about all this, urging them to get active, join the NRA, call their Reps & get a CWP as the more numbers on the books the stronger we are. One made the statement, "I don't want to call my reps or get a cwp so I can stay under the radar..."

If you get folks with this attitude Remind them that if they have ever purchased a gun, ammo, or accessories with a credit or debit card, if someone goes to digging they're technically already on it.

Much has been done to convince us that we are a democracy & not a Constitutional Republic in the last 50 years. If that's the game, we need to get the numbers up. Don't be affraid to speak up & urge others to be the same.

In his speech, Obama went on and on about how the majority of gun owners support his "common sense" gun legislation. We need the NRA to get the numbers and post them to show that is just not so.