PDA

View Full Version : CTD Has suspended ALL Online sales of Firearms

warpigM-4
12-18-12, 11:48
they Just posted on their FB Page

" Cheaper Than Dirt! is suspending online sales of firearms effective immediately. We are reviewing our policy internally, and will continue to be the leader in the outdoor industry with our full line of gear and accessories."

I wonder what they are thinking ??

kwelz
12-18-12, 11:51
Saw that too. Never purchased much from them since their prices are anything but Cheap. But I think it is a BAD business decision.

sammage
12-18-12, 11:55
They also want $30 to $40 for Pmags suddenly.

Littlelebowski
12-18-12, 11:59
Once again......**** Cheaper Than Dirt.

warpigM-4
12-18-12, 12:02

I agree 100% they are turning their backs on Gun owners and caving to the Media Not to be labeled as a evil company that sales Firearms they will never get any of My business

Nightvisionary
12-18-12, 12:04
What asshats, the $13 no window PMAGS are actually up to $60 each on the CTD website and a 20 round box of PMC Bronze 55 grain FMJ is $20. I will never do business with them.

warpigM-4
12-18-12, 12:04
Makes you wonder if they Might have sold One of the weapons used lately and expect some fall out

milosz
12-18-12, 12:06
The retail stores in Fort Worth and McKinney (I think?) are supposedly a separate company. Anyone know how separate that might be? 3-card monte for tax reasons, etc.?

I've never had a problem with the CTD stores, but they're off the list if the ownership is the same.

warpigM-4
12-18-12, 12:16
I just wrote them a Nice little Letter and told them to remove me from their mailing list here is their email

CustomerService@CheaperThanDirt.com

Todd00000
12-18-12, 12:30

and Dicks Sporting Goods.

We need a new bumper sticker: I own guns, I vote, and shop.

I just told CTD and Dicks:

I am a gun owner, I vote and I shop, and I no longer shop at Dicks/CTD.

5pins
12-18-12, 12:33
Knowing CTD it's becouse they found they could sell them in the store for more money than shipping them to another dealer.

milosz
12-18-12, 12:34
To play devil's advocate, this is just capitalism. A very small percentage of Dick's business is in the hunting section (they already did away with handguns a long while back). An even smaller percentage is semi-autos.

Why should we expect them to face a potential loss in sales - protests, the 60% of the public not having guns avoiding the store, etc. - on the other 99% of their stock to 'support guns'?

Todd00000
12-18-12, 12:48
I just hit their Facebook pages also.

I am a gun owner, I vote and I shop, and I no longer shop at Dicks/CTD.

12-18-12, 13:06

Couldn't have said it better.

TAZ
12-18-12, 13:28
Wonder if Scottyryan is a stake holder. Sorry couldn't resist.

Guess they are trying to figure out ways to surrender before the battle even truly kicks off. They must be a French owned company.

Haven't done business with them in a long time since they are anything BUT cheap. Now I definitely won't.

J-Dub
12-18-12, 13:37

Ditto, **** Cheaper than dirt.

Hmac
12-18-12, 13:37
Best Facebook post ever:

Dave Townsend Wow-way to **** all over your customers, cowards
Never, ever going to spend a dime with your outfit.
Maybe you guys and dicks sporting goods can join forces?
Call yourselves "cheap dicks"
9 minutes ago via mobile · 12..

PrivateCitizen
12-18-12, 13:55
They are an internet-order FFL.

What policy could they possibly have to review on firearms?

Step 1)Some buys it, Step 2) they ship to an FFL … Step 3) …… there is no Step 3. Just deposit the coin.

El Pistolero
12-18-12, 14:12
CTD has gone full-retard. I will never buy anything from them.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-18-12, 14:15
Collaborators:

to cooperate as a traitor, esp with an enemy occupying one's own country

30 cal slut
12-18-12, 14:20
Don't see what the big deal is.

I don't shop from CTD. Most of my friends don't shop CTD. Everybody here thinks they suck anyways.

Last time I bought anything at Dick's, I think it was a pair of running shoes. Wasn't terribly impressed by their overly priced fudd-tastic offerings anyways.

*shrugs*

nineteenkilo
12-18-12, 14:23
I have never and will never shop with CTD.

**** them.

**** their $60 a piece Gen 2 PMags

**** their $900/1k hardball

**** their garish ass website

No really. **** them.

warpigM-4
12-18-12, 14:28
I have never and will never shop with CTD.

**** them.

**** their $60 a piece Gen 2 PMags

**** their $900/1k hardball

**** their garish ass website

No really. **** them.

and their Goofy Zombie stuff :D and cheap knock off sights

brickboy240
12-18-12, 14:35
CTD and Bushy going belly up?

boo hoo

-brickboy240

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-18-12, 14:50
It doesnt matter that WE dont buy from them, it matters that many other responsible citizens do. If large firearm sales companies are ROLLING OVER without ANY legislation, then what can we expect from many of the others. The boutique AR15 crowd isnt the only one who deserves the right to own firearms...

Moose-Knuckle
12-18-12, 17:59
The retail stores in Fort Worth and McKinney (I think?) are supposedly a separate company. Anyone know how separate that might be? 3-card monte for tax reasons, etc.?

CTD website, catalog sales, and the brick and mortar store Cheaper Than Dirt Guns! located in McKinney, TX are all one company. The brick and mortar store in Fort Worth, TX is an independent franchise.

Caeser25
12-18-12, 18:20
A local Kmart has ceased all sales of ammunition.

I believe a sticky is in order for anti second amendment businesses with their contact information so can notify them why they have lost our business.

Maybe my tinfoil is wrapped a little tight. This attack by businesses and media is pretty coordinated. This isn't a few snipers taking pop shots, it's a full on assault on our liberty and civil rights.

Mauser KAR98K
12-18-12, 18:20
Watching their facebook page is like watching the debt clock, just going backwards.

Mauser KAR98K
12-18-12, 18:21

I believe a sticky is in order for anti second amendment businesses with their contact information so can notify them why they have lost our business.

Maybe my tinfoil is wrapped a little tight. This attack by businesses and media is pretty coordinated.

yes it is.

SteyrAUG
12-18-12, 18:23
Watching their facebook page is like watching the debt clock, just going backwards.

Good. ****ing hypocrites are still selling $60 Pmags though.

Renegade
12-18-12, 18:25
I wonder what they are thinking ??

I would be thinking let others exhaust supply, then re-enter market.

That is what I am doing with the 500 PMAGS I ordered on Friday.

NWPilgrim
12-18-12, 18:26
This is a good chance to see which businesses are selling us stuff just to get into our pockets and which are part of the gun culture. From what I have seen gun and ammo sales are skyrocketing since the murders. It aint murderers buying this stuff, it is law abiding citizens wanting to protect themselves and their families!

If a supposed gun dealer doesn't understand this simple social event and consequence then they are really clueless about their customer base.

Smash
12-18-12, 18:26

I've never had a problem with the CTD stores, but they're off the list if the ownership is the same.

They say they're different companies but you can go online and order something and pick it up in their store. At a different counter. The ft worth store anyway

xrayoneone
12-18-12, 18:38
Cheaper Than Dirt can bite it. After the 2008 election when those assholes wanted $50 for 50 rounds of Wolf 30 Carbine ammunition I have neither purchased from them nor gone to their website.

jaxman7
12-18-12, 18:43
From Magpul's Facebook page:

We've received a lot of comments about some retailers charging extremely high prices for our products. We strongly discourage pricing strategies like this with our direct customers, as we just don't feel right about it. Those retailers who are buying through distribution, and not direct, may be worried about supply and reacting to the market with this pricing increase. We are firm believers in free capitalism, and as long as no one is damaging market value through their pricing strategy, we will allow the market to correct this situation, as it appears it already is. We intend to continue to produce and sell our products to support the MSRPs we have set. Magazines will continue to flow to those retailers, distributors, and OEM customers with whom we have direct relationships.

SteyrAUG
12-18-12, 18:52
From Magpul's Facebook page:

Once again, they get it.

ridgerunner70
12-18-12, 19:14
On CTD Facebook page they are losing about 15 likes a min....

Renegade
12-18-12, 19:29
On CTD Facebook page they are losing about 15 likes a min....

facebook is serious business.

ridgerunner70
12-18-12, 19:37
facebook is serious business.

I'm sure it was for them...

Mauser KAR98K
12-18-12, 19:38
They are down a 1,000 likes from the hour or so I posted my disgust with them.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-18-12, 19:40
Facebook is serious business, especially when it comes to gauging where your fanbase stands, ESPECIALLY for an online retailer. For a company that lost 60k likes in 12hrs, it says something...

RogerinTPA
12-18-12, 20:59
The only reason CTD did that was to conceal their fleecing of the gun buying public and to attempt damage control by us slamming them on their outrages pricing on gun forums and facebook.

TomMcC
12-19-12, 02:29
To play devil's advocate, this is just capitalism. A very small percentage of Dick's business is in the hunting section (they already did away with handguns a long while back). An even smaller percentage is semi-autos.

Why should we expect them to face a potential loss in sales - protests, the 60% of the public not having guns avoiding the store, etc. - on the other 99% of their stock to 'support guns'?

Because sometimes there are principles to uphold beyond just making a buck.

warpigM-4
12-19-12, 09:21
I received a email back from CTD ask for My Address to be removed from their mailing list Because My email did not pull up my info in their system I gave it to them and started to remove my account from them also I would not be purchasing from them anymore

Whiskey_Bravo
12-19-12, 10:55
Ditto, **** Cheaper than dirt.

Well said.

Whiskey_Bravo
12-19-12, 10:58

Maybe my tinfoil is wrapped a little tight. This attack by businesses and media is pretty coordinated. This isn't a few snipers taking pop shots, it's a full on assault on our liberty and civil rights.

I think you are correct. The media and politicians smell blood and are in a full on attack to push gun control, etc.

brickboy240
12-19-12, 11:43
I consider this forum...more than other places...a group of pretty savvy people.

Now...that said who the hell does not know to steer far clear of places like Cheaper Than Dirt?

If you actually PAY their crazy prices...don't come here and complain about it. YOU would be the reason those shysters have their prices where we find them.

Look around and stop being lazy...you can find P-mags for well less than 60 bucks a pop and you know it.

This is the beauty of the free market - they are free to offer items at whatever price they want and WE are free to not pay it and shop somewhere else.

-brickboy240

a1fabweld
12-19-12, 11:45

Yea pretty much. They won't even ship an AR scope mount to CA. Their monthly mall ninja zombie catalogs make great kindling though!

TMS951
12-19-12, 12:12
I feel this is not being done on moral grounds, their recent price hikes show their lack of moral fiber.

I am convinced they are hoarding their large stock of fire arms and waiting for them to become "pre ban", their value will quadruple, in addition the current panic buying will have depleted stock of rifles else where making them the only show in town.

wake.joe
12-19-12, 13:28
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/407216_10151297710959324_372884715_n.jpg

Doc Safari
12-19-12, 16:52
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/407216_10151297710959324_372884715_n.jpg

I just got an e-mail from them that goes into more detail.

Cheaper Than Dirt! recently announced that it was temporarily suspending online sales of firearms pending a review of its order processing and procedures. Well-known for its ability to process and ship orders within 24 hours, online sales have skyrocketed to a point where it may take up to 72 hours for firearms and other items to ship.

"In light of recent events, we believe it is prudent to review our policies and procedures to ensure we can continue to provide the products and firearms our customers demand," said Chief Operations Officer Roberta Wilson. "We will resume online sales once we update our process and continue as we have always done by shipping firearms only to FFL dealers."

Ms. Wilson closed with, "As a long-time supporter of the Second Amendment, we will continue to serve the needs of the firearms community while ensuring our unsurpassed level of quality and customer service."

OldGreg
12-19-12, 19:35
I also just got the email.. i was happy to see it - it reminded me that i needed to Unsubscribe myself from their emails!

F that business.

usmcvet
12-19-12, 19:59

I second that!

That email they sent looks like back peddling. $60 for a PMag. Screw them. My LGS has them for $13.

Sam
12-19-12, 20:13
Just received an email from CTD. They will resume online gun sales:

Cheaper Than Dirt! will Resume Online Firearm Sales Pending Policy Changes

Cheaper Than Dirt! recently announced that it was temporarily suspending online sales of firearms pending a review of its order processing and procedures. Well-known for its ability to process and ship orders within 24 hours, online sales have skyrocketed to a point where it may take up to 72 hours for firearms and other items to ship.

"In light of recent events, we believe it is prudent to review our policies and procedures to ensure we can continue to provide the products and firearms our customers demand," said Chief Operations Officer Roberta Wilson. "We will resume online sales once we update our process and continue as we have always done by shipping firearms only to FFL dealers."

Ms. Wilson closed with, "As a long-time supporter of the Second Amendment, we will continue to serve the needs of the firearms community while ensuring our unsurpassed level of quality and customer service."

NWPilgrim
12-20-12, 19:22
How spineless. What suck ups to PC window dressing.

Are they trying to say they did believe the ATF, state police, and local FFLs had a handle on legal sales already?!

Or were they concerned the feds were buying F&F guns through them? ( Yes that is sarcastic hyperbole)

Really a lame knee jerk reaction by CTD without regard to their customer base. I hope their "marketing" to liberals works out fir them because they probably lost a sizable chunk of their firearms owner customers.

Moose-Knuckle
12-22-12, 02:22
So you fellas want to here something funny, well sad actually?

As I was running errands today and checking off things from my honey do list I decided to run into CTD for shits and giggles. No AR or GLOCK mags what so ever. They were almost sold out of EBRs. All they had left was a row of Bushmaster XM-15 Patrolmans for $2599, S&W optics ready M&Ps for $1999, Windam Weaponery M4s for $1799, and Colt 6920s for $2497. I guess the Bushmasters fetch a higher price since it is what the media is reporting was used in CT. :rolleyes:

montanadave
12-22-12, 07:34
So you fellas want to here something funny, well sad actually?

As I was running errands today and checking off things from my honey do list I decided to run into CTD for shits and giggles. No AR or GLOCK mags what so ever. They were almost sold out of EBRs. All they had left was a row of Bushmaster XM-15 Patrolmans for $2599, S&W optics ready M&Ps for $1999, Windam Weaponery M4s for $1799, and Colt 6920s for $2497. I guess the Bushmasters fetch a higher price since it is what the media is reporting was used in CT. :rolleyes:

Sad indeed. Sadder yet that they will probably find people to buy them at those prices.