PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good AR15?

Ericstac
12-18-12, 15:22
My plans were to buy a colt 6920 magpul but then Obama was re-elected and then this past friday CT mass murder happened and you cant find the gun anywhere...

so i did find a PSA and was wondering is its a good move or if I should just wait until a BCM or colt pops up..

PSA
16" barrel length
5.56 Nato Chamber
1 in 7" twist
Chrome Moly Vanadium barrel
Chrome lined barrel
Forged upper and lower
Magpul BUS
Aimpoint PRO optic
Magazine
Lock
Magpul MOE grip and stock
$1160.00

Iraqgunz
12-18-12, 15:28
I wouldn't do it but if you are in full panic mode then go for it.

Seagunner
12-18-12, 15:30
If your going to wait on a Colt or Bcm you'll be waiting a while. Everyone and their brother are buying up all AR's and mags as we speak. PSA has a lot of threads on here.

GH41
12-18-12, 15:35
I will not judge PSA guns but I will warn you that the AR world is being turned up side down as we speak. It would not surprise me if the gun you looked at lunch is gone now. If I wanted an AR I would buy the PSA and if a Colt or BC came along get the better gun and sell the lesser one. A bird in the hand trumps two in the bush!!! GH

Clem
12-18-12, 15:40
You could get a Colt AR6720 here

http://clydearmory.com/colt-ar6720.html

Aaron_B
12-18-12, 16:00
I wouldn't do it. I would rather wait and pick up something of known quality. Do a little searching and you will find a colt or BCM.

8200rpm
12-18-12, 18:37
If you don't have any AR's, it's not too bad of a price considering that the Aimpoint Pro and Magpul bits cost about $500 alone. You can always upgrade the upper when things settle down.

skipper49
12-18-12, 18:53
If you don't have any AR's, it's not too bad of a price considering that the Aimpoint Pro and Magpul bits cost about $500 alone. You can always upgrade the upper when things settle down.

This is my advice also. Would I rather have the Colt ? Yes, I would, but you could do a lot worse than the PSA, and you WOULD have an AR. Serious times, these.
Skip

Ericstac
12-18-12, 19:00
Thanks everyone, especially Clem.. Got the colt :D

Aaron_B
12-18-12, 19:34
Good choice on the Colt, I own two. Enjoy it!

Ericstac
12-18-12, 19:41
Good choice on the Colt, I own two. Enjoy it!

Yes I noticed your sig :)

I was unfamiliar with the 6720 but once reading about it quickly and seeing others, like you, owning them I went for it. Some even preferred it over the 6920..

Bulletdog
12-18-12, 21:08
Good call.

Clem
12-18-12, 21:16
Thanks everyone, especially Clem.. Got the colt :D

Awesome. Glad you got it.

itsjimmyo
12-20-12, 10:56
that was a very good move on your part:smile:

fotomaker57
12-20-12, 11:04
Good choice on the colt. Clem kudos to you for steering him to the purchase.

whiterabbit05
12-20-12, 11:05
Whered you find the Colt?

warpigM-4
12-20-12, 11:52
good call congrats on the Colt and i am glad seeing people come together trying to help find Good weapons for shooters

Gahunter12
12-20-12, 12:07
Whered you find the Colt?

Clyde's Armory I guess. They still had the 6720 on there site last night. I live about 20 min from Clyde's. I stopped in yesterday morning to pick up a couple extra mags. They still had quite a few 6933's and some 6720's, and a couple DD's.

Ericstac
12-20-12, 12:40
Yup. Bought it at clydes shortly after clem pointed me that way

Egret18
12-20-12, 12:47
Glad you got it cause they are all gone now!

My BIL just bought a Magpul 6920 down in Fort Myers Florida after spending two days looking for an AR.

He picked it up for 1299, a little high but at least there are a few still out there.

markm
12-20-12, 13:04
I give this advice EVERY PANIC season...

Buy the cheapo gun... you'll feel less horrible when you get it confiscated by the Gubment.

Redbeardsong
12-20-12, 19:14
I hear tell that Clyde Armory has another large shipment of Colt rifles coming in tomorrow.

jc000
12-20-12, 19:31
I ordered a 6720 as well. I had seen them for sale earlier in the day but when I checked again they had sold out. For some reason I check AGAIN in the evening and saw them back in stock. I didn't hesitate that time!

I received an order confirmation but I f-ed up my shipping info. I've been trying to get through to Clyde to correct it but it sounds like they're too swamped. I'm hoping I can get my order straightened out. I've never ordered from CA but hoping they're good folks.

Ericstac
12-20-12, 19:55
I ordered a 6720 as well. I had seen them for sale earlier in the day but when I checked again they had sold out. For some reason I check AGAIN in the evening and saw them back in stock. I didn't hesitate that time!

I received an order confirmation but I f-ed up my shipping info. I've been trying to get through to Clyde to correct it but it sounds like they're too swamped. I'm hoping I can get my order straightened out. I've never ordered from CA but hoping they're good folks.

Lol.. I did the same thing.

Ericstac
12-21-12, 10:30
I hear tell that Clyde Armory has another large shipment of Colt rifles coming in tomorrow.

well, i just got a we are sorry we cant fullfill your order at this time email today. :mad:

hardcharger
12-21-12, 14:50
I will not judge PSA guns but I will warn you that the AR world is being turned up side down as we speak. It would not surprise me if the gun you looked at lunch is gone now. If I wanted an AR I would buy the PSA and if a Colt or BC came along get the better gun and sell the lesser one. A bird in the hand trumps two in the bush!!! GH

I agree:(

mikelowrey
12-21-12, 15:44

how sure is that?

hotbiggun42
12-21-12, 16:40
I wouldn't do it but if you are in full panic mode then go for it.

I am asking because I don't know. What is wrong with the PSA rifle?

RIDE
12-21-12, 16:57

I'll never give a cent to Clyde's Armory after what they did during the panic buying... Canceling orders placed at regular prices and raising prices.

Mr.Anderson
12-21-12, 23:17
I'll never give a cent to Clyde's Armory after what they did during the panic buying... Canceling orders placed at regular prices and raising prices.

I read over at ARF.com, that is what PSA did with the Aimpoint PRO.

Busa Dave
12-22-12, 09:33
Colt is closed till after the 1st. They are shipping today and tomorrow then that will be it till after the New Year holiday.

Ericstac
12-22-12, 10:00
Colt is closed till after the 1st. They are shipping today and tomorrow then that will be it till after the New Year holiday.

Sounds on par to what I was told. I heard shipments of colt were to be in shelves right after Xmas..

clark98ut
01-08-13, 12:37

So is this for sure what happened? I posted a question about them on here and the thread was locked. I had a feeling this is what happened, but never could confirm it.

Ericstac
01-08-13, 12:47
I feel like this is what had happened. It was odd enough t make me not want to do business wth them again.

I went to sportsmans outdoor superstore and grabbed a couple AR's there uninflated prices. It took a couple of weeks to ship but they were upfront with the delays due to all the orders. I had a nice lady call me on a saturday to let me know everything was good but she personally had a stack of probably 500 orders to go through. :eek:

overall. they were a great company to deal with and will definitely keep them around for future orders.