PDA

View Full Version : Have you been to a gun store in the last few days?

brickboy240
12-18-12, 16:38
Umm....the shelves are looking mighty bare already.

Yep...unfortunately...it has begun.

I went to several local stores and found VERY few magazines that held more than 10 rounds. No AR or AK mags and a few of the iffy Pro Mag Mini-14 mags left on shelves.

Pistol mags? Well, if you have a 9mm Glock ...forget it. A few 40 cal. 13 rounders for SIGs and others were still there in short numbers.

Ammo? There was VERY little 9mm and 223. Most 45 defensive ammo was gone as well. If you have a 40 or like expensive ammo like Cor Bon you are still ok.

I also checked the online sources I usually buy from. Many had magazines on back order and one was selling P-mags for 60 bucks a pop!

Store counters were 3-4 people deep as well. Crowded and people were picking over the ammo shelves. it was like a going out of biz sale or the $2.99 DVD bin at Wal Mart! LOL

Anyone else notice how crazy it is...or is it just me?

sadly....it has begun

-brickboy240

Hmac
12-18-12, 16:45
Just talked with a buddy... He was at Fleet Farm scoring the last couple of Huldras. Turns out he couldn't consummate the deal because NICS was down. I have a buddy that's my LGS. He sold out everything he brought to a regional gun show on Saturday. He says its absolutely nuts.

Doc Safari
12-18-12, 16:54
For months I was ordering small quantities of NHMTG 20-round USGI AR mags from 44mag.com. I ordered a few at a time so as not to run up the credit card balance all at once. Every time...say 10 to 20 times...I visited the site over the past few months 44mag showed a quantity of 100+ 20-round mags every time.

Today they show zero.

They still have 30-rounders, but I wonder how long that will last?

J-Dub
12-18-12, 17:19
Yes people are going nuts.

But some places are still instock. Im picking up a Glock 27 tomorrow in fact. (Not a panic purchase, ive been looking for a deal on one for a while)

Moose-Knuckle
12-18-12, 17:30
I made plans to go to Cabelas on Saturday for a door buster deal on a spotting scope before the CT shooting. When I got there I was about the 30th person in line. The time the store opened the line was wrapped around the building. While I was there I noticed that NICS lines were HUGE. On my way there I noticed lines wrapping around Academy Sports & Outdoors as well. Online, EVERYTHING is out of stock (AR mags, GLOCK mags, 5.56, etc).

Trajan
12-18-12, 17:30
The big stores around here still have their stock. Saw people buying ARs, but they still have stuff to sell.

Did see a Gen 4 G19 at Gander Mtn. for $650 though. Not sure if that's their usual price or what.

SteyrAUG
12-18-12, 17:31
It's full on right now.

There was a brief "panic" buy with Obama's reelection. This still isn't quite the 2008 panic buy but we might get there.

WillBrink
12-18-12, 17:43
Umm....the shelves are looking mighty bare already.

Yep...unfortunately...it has begun.

I went to several local stores and found VERY few magazines that held more than 10 rounds. No AR or AK mags and a few of the iffy Pro Mag Mini-14 mags left on shelves.

Pistol mags? Well, if you have a 9mm Glock ...forget it. A few 40 cal. 13 rounders for SIGs and others were still there in short numbers.

Ammo? There was VERY little 9mm and 223. Most 45 defensive ammo was gone as well. If you have a 40 or like expensive ammo like Cor Bon you are still ok.

I also checked the online sources I usually buy from. Many had magazines on back order and one was selling P-mags for 60 bucks a pop!

Store counters were 3-4 people deep as well. Crowded and people were picking over the ammo shelves. it was like a going out of biz sale or the $2.99 DVD bin at Wal Mart! LOL

Anyone else notice how crazy it is...or is it just me?

sadly....it has begun

-brickboy240

Not been to a store, but all reports from pals that have is, as expected, lines out the door and every black rifle, ammo, etc cleaned out. Not surprise on that one. :help:

ralph
12-18-12, 19:28
I was at a gunshow over the weekend..I'd been to this venue several times before..This is the first time that there was a long line of people just to get in....I did find some good deals on some things, windowed P-mags, in the bag, $15,(I bought 2, have plenty of others) CCI small pistol primers, $25/k(bought 3k) as well as a couple lb's of 231...I did see some NIB Colt 6920's for $1150, But, the place was packed, and ammo seemed to be moving fast..

Kfgk14
12-18-12, 20:04
It's absolutely batshit up here. People stacking 'em deep, I've been on the hunt for two more .40 Glocks as of late and I swung by the place I like to buy from, nope. Not a single Glock 22, Glock 23, in fact not a single full/compact frame Glock on the shelves, with the exception of a massively overpriced G34.

I see places sold out of federal bulk packs, charging $550 per 1000 PLUS SHIPPING. Two week back-order, even at that insane price.

I'm worried I've seen my last sub-$.50/round 5.56 :(
I think I'm probably relegated to shooting 7.62x39, 7.62x54 and .22lr for a long, long time.

Next time I'm stacking 5.56 WAY deeper. I want 10k under my roof when prices go down, and I don't really care how crazy that sounds, at this point. I never intend to worry about my ammo supply again. I'm gonna go clear out Wal-Mart's .22 lr.

duece71
12-18-12, 21:02
My LGS has rented a parking lot on an adjacent property because their lot is full to capacity. Normally, someone can look through the windows and see the back of the store, no problem. Not now, its a sea of people.....

Business_Casual
12-18-12, 21:04
I popped in the local shop today and there were plenty of Glocks, XDs, etc. ARs on the wall too. The one thing sold out? 870 shotguns. :confused:

bc

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-18-12, 21:59
I popped in the local shop today and there were plenty of Glocks, XDs, etc. ARs on the wall too. The one thing sold out? 870 shotguns. :confused:

bc

I'm travelling in Cincy this week and Target World had lots of ARs, seemed like a lot of pistols and lots of people standing in line to buy guns.

Picked a bad time for a hankerin' for a SCAR16 ;)

Looked around for M&P 9mm mags and didn't find any online except Botach, and I'm not holding my breath that they'll fill that order.

citizensoldier16
12-18-12, 22:28
Shelves were quite bare here in coastal NC. I managed to pick up 1000 rounds of Federal 5.56 NATO, 2k small rifle primers, and 500 Federal 9mm. I checked out right ahead of a probably 75 y/o gentleman buying an AK47 and a tin of Russian ammo. And so it begins. :(

QuickStrike
12-18-12, 22:33
Went on sunday and a sporting goods place last night. Crowded like a flippin gunshow. 21 hour background checks!

PA PATRIOT
12-18-12, 22:36
One of the local Gun shops had (75), 500rd cases of Federal 5.56 M-193 in stock on the floor for $189.99 each Saturday evening at 8:00pm. They are closed Sunday and Monday and opened Tuesday at 11:00am and by 12:30pm they were sold out.

The panic is on and I don't think it will let up one bit for the next year or so.

tb-av
12-18-12, 23:38
For months I was ordering small quantities of NHMTG 20-round USGI AR mags

any special reason you like 20s over 30s?

rojocorsa
12-19-12, 01:24
It's full on right now.

There was a brief "panic" buy with Obama's reelection. This still isn't quite the 2008 panic buy but we might get there.

I'm convinced it will probably go past the 2008 level in a few days.

Seems that way anyway.

Wake27
12-19-12, 03:43
This is all so ****ing depressing.

Travis B
12-19-12, 07:01
My LGS dropped their layaway policy on ARs and AKs this week.

WillBrink
12-19-12, 08:43
This is all so ****ing depressing.

Merry f-ing Christmas :eek:

Doc Safari
12-19-12, 09:20
any special reason you like 20s over 30s?

More compact, lighter weight, more reliable. Stoner got this one right, too.

brickboy240
12-19-12, 11:58
I went to two shops this AM.

9mm and 223 was almost gone

Almost anything that looked like an AR or AK was gone. A few of the higher end ARs left and a few longer barreled versions. Not even a Mini-14 in the rack...mostly bolt guns.

Oddly, there were plenty of pistols left. Extra mags for them were in slim supply.

Very, very few mags in stock that held more than 10rds. There were a few 40cal SIG mags but all 9mm Glock mags were long gone as were any AR or AK mags. I grabbed the last Ruger 20 rounder for my ratty old Mini-14. I rarely shoot the thing but I only have 3 20rd factory Ruger mags for it and at 25 bucks...I figured I better grab one more.

sadmin
12-19-12, 12:03
Gander Mountain had their "assault rifles" pulled from display...but not sold out. They were told to not display them but to let customers know they were in stock. Some poor bastard next to me bought a REC7 for 2600.00!

brickboy240
12-19-12, 14:08
I live 5 minutes from a Gander outlet.

I would not buy beans from those guys.

Terrible service....more terrible pricing.

-brickboy240

Moose-Knuckle
12-19-12, 16:13
Swung by GT Distributors (LE supply) this morning before work. I had to take a number to be waited on! I bought the last box of Speer GD 9mm 124 gr +P they had, price was normal. They were sold out of every semi-auto rifle they had; ARs (both 5.56/7.62), AKs, M1As, SCARs, XCRs, etc. No rifle mags either. GLOCKs in 9mm and .40 S&W all gone. They are closed on Sunday but said both Monday and Tuesday was not stop, sold out of most items.

Glad I wasn't one of those poor saps who waited in line just to be told " Sorry but we're all out of AR-15s and PMAGs" . . . sorry but if you didn't drop a couple months pay on mags and such after Clinton's AWB sunset then the ship has done sailed friend.

Travis B
12-19-12, 16:17
Swung by GT Distributors (LE supply) this morning before work. I had to take a number to be waited on! I bought the last box of Speer GD 9mm 124 gr +P they had, price was normal. They were sold out of every semi-auto rifle they had; ARs (both 5.56/7.62), AKs, M1As, SCARs, XCRs, etc. No rifle mags either. GLOCKs in 9mm and .40 S&W all gone. They are closed on Sunday but said both Monday and Tuesday was not stop, sold out of most items.

Glad I wasn't one of those poor saps who waited in line just to be told " Sorry but we're all out of AR-15s and PMAGs" . . . sorry but if you didn't drop a couple months pay on mags and such after Clinton's AWB sunset then the ship has done sailed friend.

My dad just called me asking if I knew where I could locate an upper for his AR lower he's had almost a year. Unfortunately, it may be too late for him.

RogerinTPA
12-19-12, 17:36
My dad just called me asking if I knew where I could locate an upper for his AR lower he's had almost a year. Unfortunately, it may be too late for him.

Uppers are still out there to be had. I just bought a Noveske 12.5 upper this afternoon online. Do a google search for what your dad wants and see what comes up.

Travis B
12-19-12, 17:37
I ordered a spikes upper and rainier 16" barrel today. Now I need a bcg and he'll be good to go. Does anyone have any leads?

Uppers are still out there to be had. I just bought a Noveske 12.5 upper this afternoon online. Do a google search for what your dad wants and see what comes up.

sadmin
12-19-12, 17:39
And think of places that masses don't go to like WeaponOutfitters where you can still get a Centurion upper-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk; coherency may be in jeopardy.

Moose-Knuckle
12-19-12, 17:40
I ordered a spikes upper and rainier 16" barrel today. Now I need a bcg and he'll be good to go. Does anyone have any leads?

BCGs were the first things that were bought up in the panic after the great golden calf's re-election. They were getting hard to find before the CT shooting. What ever you do DO NOT try to get one on ebay. Prices are insane. Good luck and keep searching.

Travis B
12-19-12, 17:47
BCGs were the first things that were bought up in the panic after the great golden calf's re-election. They were getting hard to find before the CT shooting. What ever you do DO NOT try to get one on ebay. Prices are insane. Good luck and keep searching.

I cannot justify paying ebay prices for a bcg. Those people are crooks! Like the guys selling pmags for $30 already...

If anyone knows where to find one, I would greatly appreciate it!

feedramp
12-19-12, 18:17
Stopped by the LGS here today just to see if rumors are true and sure enough it was packed. The wall of ARs was about picked clean. They were staffed up. Good for them, I hope they make bank, they are good people. Talked to a friend back east and he said the same is the case at his LGS.

Talk about a stimulus package. :D

Now let's hope everyone who's buying up doesn't become apathetic and complacent and have the "I got mine so I don't care anymore" attitude when it comes to legislation.

duece71
12-19-12, 21:31
Arrived at the LGS today at a little past 10am (it opens at 10am) and had to take a number..........74!!! In 8 minutes or so AFTER the store opened I was number 74!! No chance for me today to get that one last AR......Colt or DD, my LGS still has them. Everyone I saw buying ARs was going for DPMS, Windham, and RRA.

TacticalSledgehammer
12-19-12, 21:37
I'm travelling in Cincy this week and Target World had lots of ARs, seemed like a lot of pistols and lots of people standing in line to buy guns.

Picked a bad time for a hankerin' for a SCAR16 ;)

Looked around for M&P 9mm mags and didn't find any online except Botach, and I'm not holding my breath that they'll fill that order.
If you're traveling to Cincinnati, I'd pick another place to shop. Fire-power is the best in the area. It's owned by a cop and ran by himself and other cops & veterans. They carry magpul anything and usually have great prices. CS is top notch. A new range/gun shop opened in blue ash. I can't remember it's name but they're higher priced.

Whiskey_Bravo
12-19-12, 23:51
Stopped by GT Distributors this afternoon. People where having to take numbers. The used handgun sections was scarce, only 1 high priced AK(2k+), and a couple of AR's left on the wall(couple of rifle length, and one or two never heard of crap brands).

They had very little ammo left.

AKDoug
12-20-12, 02:46
Went to Sportsman's Warehouse last night and the parking lot was packed. I went inside and the store appeared empty. Went to the back corner where the gun counter was and there had to be a hundred people waiting. I picked up my 2000 primers that I'd been planning on buying for two weeks and left.

I got home and was putting the primers away and noticed I was really low on .40 S&W. I own a True Value hardware store, so I went online to my warehouse and discovered they still had 4000 rounds available. I bought it all. This morning I got a call from the warehouse making sure I hadn't made a mistake?? I said no ma'am I really do want all 4000 rounds.

djmorris
12-20-12, 10:24
Went to the LGS last night. The only AR15 they had left was a pink MP22 which one guy was contemplating. All out of magazines regardless of type; except for a couple of 20rd Pmags for like $20 each.

All .223/5.56 ammo was gone with the exception of some overpriced American Eagle tracer rounds. The counter was swamped.. complete chaos.... There were several AK's and FAL clones still available but no AR15's in sight at all and they said they expect to be sold out of everything else "assault rifle" related within the next day or so.

warpigM-4
12-20-12, 10:59
the news showed the Local gun shop Last night on tv .They have a Huge wall with weapons hanging on it .well let be re-phrase that Had it is empty everything is sold Out people are standing in line to get Something .
Gunbroker Has a few good deals left :lol:

PrivateCitizen
12-20-12, 11:06
… people are standing in line to get something …

Yep.

Something. Anything. People see it.

The only thing mass-hysteria like this is gonna do is FLOOD the streets with fools and their guns.

I am all for an armed society. I have immense respect for those those that chose to carry pre-crisis. But one that is by choice. Fear is a terrible motivator … and it goes both ways.

warpigM-4
12-20-12, 11:12
Very true I have been Conceal Carrying for over 23 years Now I am worried about all the new "fear toting" people .
I hope the Sheriffs will still offer the free training classes .I feel some will be in need of it .
a friend of Mine in the Sheriffs Department said CCW apps Are out they can't print them fast enough and the wait is 3-5 Months on getting them approved .

kittyhawk
12-20-12, 11:37
Went to the local Academy this AM, heard they were getting there truck in today. Well I kind of made out. I got 5 Tapco Ar mags for $9.99 each, Now I know they are not the greatest I know they are Ok and a lot better than the $19.99 Pro mags everone was grabbing. I also found 3, 100 round boxes of AR 556 that someone had stashed behind some junk on the camping isle. So not to bad. All they had were over and under and bolt guns.

DAve

rojocorsa
12-20-12, 13:30
Went to the local Academy this AM, heard they were getting there truck in today. Well I kind of made out. I got 5 Tapco Ar mags for $9.99 each, Now I know they are not the greatest I know they are Ok and a lot better than the $19.99 Pro mags everone was grabbing. I also found 3, 100 round boxes of AR 556 that someone had stashed behind some junk on the camping isle. So not to bad. All they had were over and under and bolt guns.

DAve

That guy's gonna come back and be pissed off when his little stash isn't there. :lol:

brickboy240
12-20-12, 16:16
Man...this just sucks!

I was thinking I might race out and snag one more AR or maybe another Mini-14 but unless you are wanting a bolt gun, a double shotgun or looking for 10mm and 25-06 ammo....man...your choices are VERY few and far between.

Grrr!....one retard goes nuts and we all have to suffer because of it.

-brickboy240

duece71
12-20-12, 20:16

DAve

No shame in that. :p

duece71
12-20-12, 20:23
Found myself at my local GS today....45 minutes before opening. I was No.8 in line. In 45 minutes, there were over (my estimate) 60 people standing behind me. I got one of the last Colt SOCOMs in the store. The AR wall was slim pickens indeed. Lots of stuff I have never heard of before. Delton, DPMS, (:p) and a bunch of .22 ARs. Crazy. They were all sold out on AR PMAGs and USGI mags as well. AK mags were gone. Ammo? They were rationing at 100 rounds per customer. The store was wall to wall people.

feedramp
12-20-12, 21:19
Store here had nearly bare shelves yesterday, and today they were bare. No ARs, AKs, or anything resembling either of them remained. And word is distributors are out, because supplies were already tight after the re-election and this event just made it that much worse.

Handgun inventory is very low as well, but there are still some available here and there.

Travis B
12-20-12, 22:31
Store here had nearly bare shelves yesterday, and today they were bare. No ARs, AKs, or anything resembling either of them remained. And word is distributors are out, because supplies were already tight after the re-election and this event just made it that much worse.

Handgun inventory is very low as well, but there are still some available here and there.

At my lgs I was able to score a gen3 fde g17 nib for $509 plus tax this week. I can't believe it was still available.

Hootiewho
12-20-12, 22:36
What is insane is how much things are going for on gunbroker. SCAR 17S are hitting $4000-4500, with mags $100-150! Hell midway just brought me & my dad 20 from our order a year and a half ago, talk about perfect timing. It'd be aweful temping if I didn't have such a deep seated love for my 17S.

obucina
12-20-12, 22:38
Found myself at my local GS today....45 minutes before opening. I was No.8 in line. In 45 minutes, there were over (my estimate) 60 people standing behind me. I got one of the last Colt SOCOMs in the store. The AR wall was slim pickens indeed. Lots of stuff I have never heard of before. Delton, DPMS, (:p) and a bunch of .22 ARs. Crazy. They were all sold out on AR PMAGs and USGI mags as well. AK mags were gone. Ammo? They were rationing at 100 rounds per customer. The store was wall to wall people.

I rolled into the local shop and found the same things....only a few quality black rifles left and stoopid high prices on those. The shop was full, pistols were full stock, the glock case was packed. I was hoping for an FN 45 Tactical, but no dice. I am glad I bought my 930SPX back in june on a semi impulse:D and sold my 500 to a friend...

On a side note, I got a text from my mom while at work, "The communist is gonna talk about a gun ban today, might as well buy something soon".

feedramp
12-20-12, 22:53
Sold out coast to coast, it seems, and distributors are OOS too, which is the tough part. The question now is, are they able to replenish before a ban hits.

Whiskey_Bravo
12-20-12, 23:04
A buddy called that I have been trying to get to buy an AR for the last couple of months called me last night and said that he was finally ready to purchase.

5 LGS later, same story at each one. Absolutely no AR15's in stock anywhere. Well, one shop did have an NFA one, but that was it.

I had been telling him this might happen, and if he wanted one he needed to pull the trigger. But nobody ever listens to me.

rojocorsa
12-21-12, 01:02
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/71696_534590409904192_683025958_n.jpg

Mauser KAR98K
12-21-12, 02:25
I was able to order a DS Arms SA-58 rifle and they said 4-weeks. Must be the AR and AK then.

ffhounddog
12-21-12, 09:05
My dad had a Colt 6920 in hands for $999 then put it back because he has a S&W rifle on back order that will cost him $800.

Told him he is just like every ****ing Col I know stupider than any private under my command. Gun in hand and then I said Dad did I not tell you to buy something since the 2008.

At least he bought a Glock 23 at the LE Store. But still I have been saying get it now since prices are good.

4 days earlier I bought a RRA complete A2 lower for $220. I know it is RRA but I was going to build a rifle up and then sell it. Now not so much. Going to toss a good Trigger in it and make it my SPR lower.

RogerinTPA
12-21-12, 11:34
I am very disappointed in gun and ammo manufacturer's in not cranking up production prior to this election, or maybe they did but are letting the supply delivery rate to remain the same to ramp up profit from the onslaught of hysteria ...

brickboy240
12-21-12, 11:38
I gave up on a second AR and went looking for a 223 bolt action. Mostly wanting an M700 Varmint in 223.

Well shit! I cannot even find one of those around here!

I asked about ordering one and the guys said it would be a 2 week wait. For a friggin 4 shot bolt gun.

Things have certainly gone full retard around here.

-brickboy240

Todd.K
12-21-12, 12:31
I am very disappointed in gun and ammo manufacturer's in not cranking up production prior to this election...
Maybe you are underestimating the demand.

http://www.guns.com/2012/12/20/brownells-sells-3-5-years-worth-of-magazines-in-36-hours/

Voodoo_Man
12-21-12, 13:13
All the local reputable shops are sold out completely. Everything from mags to ars to 223 and 9mm.

The shops that price gouge still have some but honestly if you are willing to pay 2k for a dpms and 3k for a DD...you should be taken advantage of .

theblackknight
12-21-12, 13:37
I was around town yesterday getting powder and primers for a new press. Saw a 1k case of tula 223 go for 500$ tons of Marines down here early off work with Perm. Duty orders and cash in hand.

One positive thing here is I was talking to a local cop in line who said the hiring climate is good and the mayor just requested to add 25 more deputies as permanent fixtures at the schools here so Ill no doubt have a job coming out of training.

sent from mah gun,using my sights

kittyhawk
12-21-12, 14:44
You know I was talking with my wife, I am going to wait about 3 weeks after Christmas when everyone's credit card bills come in and people start selling off the stuff they went out and bought in a panic. I started buying mags and ammo once a week and some bcg's since Aug. So for now I am kicking back with a cold one...

Travis B
12-21-12, 14:46
I was around town yesterday getting powder and primers for a new press. Saw a 1k case of tula 223 go for 500$ tons of Marines down here early off work with Perm. Duty orders and cash in hand.

One positive thing here is I was talking to a local cop in line who said the hiring climate is good and the mayor just requested to add 25 more deputies as permanent fixtures at the schools here so Ill no doubt have a job coming out of training.

sent from mah gun,using my sights

I know a guy who opened a new gun store Saturday close to you in Jacksonville! Talk about timing!

brickboy240
12-21-12, 14:48
When the Clinton ban went though....I sold 4 Glock 17 mags at a gun show for 80 bucks a pop.

Took than money and bought another 94 Winchester. Winchester stopped making the 94 and that thing is now worth 600 bucks or more. I still have it.

....plan on doing something similar this time around as well.

-brickboy240

mikelowrey
12-21-12, 15:01
Sorry, don't want to hijack this thread but,

I know every dealer is going crazy and with Clyde Armory I made a purchase and been trying to reach them thru the phone. Again I understand is very busy, but is it that hard to dedicate a couple of minutes to the phone or responding an e-mail?

Does this ever happened to you before with them?

Thanks.

Kokopelli
12-21-12, 15:22
Sorry, don't want to hijack this thread but,

I know every dealer is going crazy and with Clyde Armory I made a purchase and been trying to reach them thru the phone. Again I understand is very busy, but is it that hard to dedicate a couple of minutes to the phone or responding an e-mail?

Does this ever happened to you before with them?

Thanks.

It's happening everywhere Mike.. Honestly I wouldn't worry about it. I handle computer systems for a LGS and as such get copies of the general "info@" email.. People are calling and calling.. and when that don't work they're sending emails. Answers in the quantity needed are just not happening.. possibly by the first week of the new year things will settle our.. JMO.. Ron

mikelowrey
12-21-12, 15:32
It's happening everywhere Mike.. Honestly I wouldn't worry about it. I handle computer systems for a LGS and as such get copies of the general "info@" email.. People are calling and calling.. and when that don't work they're sending emails. Answers in the quantity needed are just not happening.. possibly by the first week of the new year things will settle our.. JMO.. Ron

Hey Ron, Thank you for the quick response.

The reason why I asked is because a fellow poster got his order cancelled basically. They sent him and e-mail notifying him of the issue. I haven't got that e-mail and hopefully I wont. But, the thing is, he bought it when it was on stock and it looks like they are not keeping count of it and from my point of view if that happen to me that would be a negative thing from them because you need to stand to whats right. BTW if you don't mind me asking. What LGS you handle so I can take a look at.

Kokopelli
12-21-12, 16:23

The reason why I asked is because a fellow poster got his order cancelled basically. They sent him and e-mail notifying him of the issue. I haven't got that e-mail and hopefully I wont. But, the thing is, he bought it when it was on stock and it looks like they are not keeping count of it and from my point of view if that happen to me that would be a negative thing from them because you need to stand to whats right. BTW if you don't mind me asking. What LGS you handle so I can take a look at.

Hi Mike.. I've never bought anything from Clyde, but I've never seen a negative post about them either. The LGS that do the work for doesn't really have a Internet sales business. It's more of a range, handgun classes and local counter sales.. Being a computer guy I spend a lot of time on the Internet and everyone I know is saying the same thing. People are just overwhelmed by the current demand.. Ron

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-21-12, 16:30
I went and returned my christmas gifts to Dick's today to get my money back from those commies. After passing their gun counter, I was elated to see that not a single firearm slot was empty. Nobody wants Dick's guns...good.

RIDE
12-21-12, 16:41

I got the same email from Clyde's.. cancelled my order... increased their pricing. Not a company I'll ever do business with again. Nor would I recommend anyone else buy from them.

SeriousStudent
12-21-12, 16:49
I went and returned my christmas gifts to Dick's today to get my money back from those commies. After passing their gun counter, I was elated to see that not a single firearm slot was empty. Nobody wants Dick's guns...good.

Awesomeness.

I had the day off work today, and was doing some shopping with my 20-year-old daughter. I told her what Dick's did as we drove by. She pointed at the name on their sign, and said "Truth in advertising" with a smirk.

The apple does not fall far from the tree. ;)

mikelowrey
12-21-12, 16:51
I got the same email from Clyde's.. cancelled my order... increased their pricing. Not a company I'll ever do business with again. Nor would I recommend anyone else buy from them.

That would be definitely unprofessional if they did cancelled to resell them at higher price somewhere else. Sorry to hear your order got cancelled. I still haven't received that response.

Mauser KAR98K
12-21-12, 16:54
I'm just still waiting for orders to be shipped.

halo2304
12-21-12, 21:07
"Have you been to a gun store in the last few days?"

:angry::alcoholic::suicide:

How's THAT for an answer! I swung into the shop I help out at to see if they had some P-mags...I've never, NEVER seen the walls so bare. The wall of AKs was completely empty. The wall of ARs that was full last Saturday was devoid of ARs and only had a handfull of .22's. I did 7 or 8 NICS checks in a row. I started with three then two more, then another, etc. And that was when I got through. It's completely nuts!

Chris, the owner gave me a Christmas bonus, 2 P-Mags. I was thankful! I had been meaning to buy more but never got around to it. There's no way in hell I'm paying $70 for a $15 mag...not unless I absolutely have to...and even then. :suicide2:

Moose-Knuckle
12-22-12, 02:46
Was out running errand yesterday and decided to pop into a few places. Cablea's was sold out of all .223/5.56, I'm mean ALL of it not one freaking box. The only gun they had in their EBR section was a very lonely Hi-Point carbine. I picked up some Magtech 9mm on sale and some of their last Federal 7.62 NATO. No other "military" rifle calibers in stock. After that I decided to run into Cheaper Than Dirt for shits and giggles. The only ARs they had left were Windham Weaponery M4s for $1799, S&W optic ready M&Ps for $1999, Colt 6920s for $2497, and Bushmaster XM-15 Patrolmans for $2599. I guess since the gunman in CT used a Bushmaster they fetch a higher price . . . :rolleyes: No high capacity mags at either location. CTD also more than doubled their price on PMC Bronze .223 55gr FMJ from a week ago.

C4IGrant
12-22-12, 08:00
I will just leave this right here: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=322953669 & http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=323062946

C4

warpigM-4
12-22-12, 09:01
I will just leave this right here: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=322953669 & http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=323062946

C4

:no: wow the dumb things people do

Dos Cylindros
12-22-12, 09:06
I'm in the market for a new optic and passed by a local store the other day. I almost pissed myself when I saw $701.00 marked on an Aimpoint H-1!!!!!!!

7 RING
12-22-12, 15:44
There is no use in going to my local gun store if I was looking for anything that remotely had the appearance of a tactical rifle or accessory. A lot of people have already broken their piggy banks and snapped up everything at ridiculous prices.

If you want to purchase a harmless shotgun, revolver or lever action rifle, you can find a decent selection of firearms.

RogerinTPA
12-22-12, 16:17
I just got back from a gunstore/range in Fort Myers FL. Lancer and Pmags are going for 50 bucks a pop and a 20 round box of Tula is going for 9.50 ea. and restricted to 3 box purchase. :eek:

SteveL
12-22-12, 16:18
I went in Shooters in Jacksonville today because I wanted to look at something in particular (which was sold out). So I looked around while I was in there. They had a box on the counter which must have had at least 100 black Gen2 windowless Pmags in it. The last time I was in there was about 1-2 weeks ago and these were going for $14.99 each. That was their every day price for these. Today they were $35.99 and marked 3 per customer. I'm sure if they had left the price alone they wouldn't have a single Pmag in the store.

I left and went to Gun Gallery. They were picked clean on non-NFA ARs. They had 5 DD MK18s. Anyway an employee there told me that another customer had been in and told him that they had just bought two ARs from Shooters for $7,000. Every time I go in Shooters I find a reason not to go back, and like a dumbass I keep going back for some reason.

Travis B
12-22-12, 16:19
I just got back from a gunstore/range in Fort Myers FL. Lancer and Pmags are going for 50 bucks a pop and a 20 round box of Tula is going for 9.50 ea. and restricted to 3 box purchase. :eek:

In not surprised they still have items for sale at those inflated prices.

feedramp
12-22-12, 22:55
12 minutes in to see how Gunnies in Orem, Utah is doing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08U5w_89EeM

djmorris
12-23-12, 08:01
LGS got some Pmags in but sold them all for $30 within the first hour of having them. They're selling steel cased Wolf and Tula .223 for $10.99 per box of 20 which is also likely gone by now.

RancidSumo
12-30-12, 23:41
Anyone in Colorado, check out 5280 Armory. They still had Pmags (behind the counter) at $20 a pop yesterday.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-31-12, 00:06
Anyone in Colorado, check out 5280 Armory. They still had Pmags (behind the counter) at $20 a pop yesterday.

I called Machine Gun Tours and they said they were selling their SCAR16S for $5,000.00. At least they have them in stock, that's the good way to look at it. I'd almost rather see a gun store sell 100 raffle tickets for $50 and pick a winner than sell a $2250 gun for $5k. Their sandbox- and who knows how long they'll be in business depending on what happens.

Doc Safari
01-02-13, 12:48
What we already suspected: December was a record month for gun background checks.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/02/us-usa-guns-record-idUSBRE9010H020130102

The FBI said it recorded 2.8 million background checks during the month, surpassing the mark set in November of 2 million checks. The number was up 49 percent over December 2011, when the FBI performed a then-record 1.9 million checks.

jmp45
01-02-13, 13:10
What we already suspected: December was a record month for gun background checks.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/02/us-usa-guns-record-idUSBRE9010H020130102

Think of all the tax revenue they will be losing if a ban solidifies. But then, they never care about revenue. That's quite obvious.

Moose-Knuckle
01-02-13, 14:53
Beats the '08 rush/panic all to hell . . .

Cesiumsponge
01-02-13, 20:41
I just picked up 80 new Okay Industries USGI mags for $8 ea :D Looks like they're going for $40ea at auction. Most of them are going to friends and family for what I paid.

Picked up a new toy at the gun store on the 31st. Overheard conversations from employees checking their distributor pricing. Prices were going up at the distributor level and also several revised 2013 prices. Some customers seemed annoyed at that but I've known the owner and he has never price gouged. Colt 6920's were still selling at $1049 until they were out of stock.

Moose-Knuckle
01-02-13, 20:46
So have you been to an online firearms related site recently?

They all have some sort of message on their home page about high demand, elongated processing and shipping times, and stock shortages. Others have temporarily suspended all sales and have locked their sites so as to allow them to play catch up, if they ever can. Here are a few . . .

CDNN (http://cdnninvestments.com/)

K-VAR (http://www.k-var.com/shop/home.php)

Carolina Shooters Supply (http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/StoreFront)

Voodoochild
01-02-13, 21:36
Went to one today to help my mom buy a gun for herself. And wouldn't you know it.. USGI mags were marked at $32 and the beat up ones were $22. AK drums were damn near $300. Talk about screwing over the customers.

Cesiumsponge
01-02-13, 21:47
Went to one today to help my mom buy a gun for herself. And wouldn't you know it.. USGI mags were marked at $32 and the beat up ones were $22. AK drums were damn near $300. Talk about screwing over the customers.

That's a bargain. CTD is selling Colt mags for $100 and Betas for $600 :confused:

PA PATRIOT
01-02-13, 21:53
Yesterday at a local shop I noticed a big mark up in Guns, Magazines and Ammunition prices were the owner is known for very fair pricing.

When I asked why the sudden price jump (As if I didn't already know) his replied was that his distributors have jacked all prices from 50% to 150% depending on item.

He even showed me a few invoices to prove the increases so it may not just be the shop owners who are trying to screw us end users.

Just about every firearm related business is trying to cash in on the panic buying and as the old saying goes, If you snooze you lose.

Denali
01-02-13, 22:11
Just about every firearm related business is trying to cash in on the panic buying and as the old saying goes, If you snooze you lose.

This is simply not accurate! Its supply v demand, period! As soon as supplies tighten up, or vanish altogether, you get the obvious, prices soar....

I had an AR(Colt 6940LE)listed at both AR15.com, and Gunbroker for $2600.00, which included many extra items in the price, nonetheless I had it listed what I thought to be a bit high, intentionally, to allow for some wiggle room. Then we had Sandy Hook, and the socialist political party made their intentions crystal clear.

Today(some two weeks later), that same carbine is worth well in excess of my original asking price. You can't find a Colt anywhere, and if you do, its sky's the limit...

So its not necessarily that a particular vendor is "cashing in," they are simply being swept up by an exploding market...

yellowfin
01-02-13, 22:18
^ This, plus as someone was point out to me, with inventories drying up a fair bit of the price increase has to do with being able to make enough money now with what they've got so that the shops can still pay their bills when in following weeks or months they might not have anything to sell. They've gotta make that money off of less inventory because those fixed costs keep happening regardless of what else is going on. It's a very hard fact I hadn't previously considered.

yellowfin
01-02-13, 22:26
Grrr!....one retard goes nuts and we all have to suffer because of it.

-brickboy240The problem is the millions of retards voting wrong, plus the millions more who could have stopped it from going wrong but only now they show up in line at the gun shops instead of at the polls when we needed them. :mad:

Matthew
01-03-13, 02:13
The problem is the millions of retards voting wrong, plus the millions more who could have stopped it from going wrong but only now they show up in line at the gun shops instead of at the polls when we needed them. :mad:

Great point. Why these people who are buying guns and magazines like their last breath depends on it were no where to be found during the election is beyond me.

Could argue that Romney and the RINO's didn't run a good campaign, or that Romney wasn't a great candidate, but how could any pro-gun person not turn out to vote AGAINST Obama?

Too many apathetic, ignorant people in this country. Try to discuss politics, and many people will tune you out or end the conversation as quickly as possible.

This is primary way the left has become so prominent, so powerful. Over the years, they have influenced and controlled the media, the entertainment industry, and the educational system. They have our children from birth to their late teens-early 20's, and spend all those years conditioning their minds to respond with emotion not rational thought, to obey authority, to give up rights they never knew they have, to be passive, to compromise with one another (but never authority), to be punished for self-defense.

The left controls not only the message, but has almost complete control over people during their most formative years. This has been going on for decades and we (those who are pro-gun, who believe in the Constitution) have allowed it.

Cincinnatus
01-03-13, 10:58
Matthew, great post. Hear hear!

montanadave
01-03-13, 11:16
Could argue that Romney and the RINO's didn't run a good campaign, or that Romney wasn't a great candidate, but how could any pro-gun person not turn out to vote AGAINST Obama?

A lot of folks are not "single-issue" voters.

Pork Chop
01-03-13, 11:20

I would respectfully argue that there were a myriad of "issues" worthy of getting out to vote against Mr. Obama.

Denali
01-03-13, 12:30

Oh, and "ahh" which important group of issues was it then, that committed your vote to Obama?

Moltke
01-03-13, 12:36
Oh snap!

Moose-Knuckle
01-03-13, 15:22
Great point. Why these people who are buying guns and magazines like their last breath depends on it were no where to be found during the election is beyond me.

"It's not the people who vote that count. It's the people who count the votes."

Voter fraud is very real and both parties are guilty.