PDA

View Full Version : Firearm related shows are getting canceled by NBC, and Fox.

Magic_Salad0892
12-18-12, 16:52
http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2012/12/17/nbc-canceling-firearm-related-programming/

More there.

Moose-Knuckle
12-18-12, 17:12
http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2012/12/17/nbc-canceling-firearm-related-programming/

More there.

The firearm community needs to boycott NBC and any other network who cancels these shows. I never watched them before but now they've gone and pissed me off.

ridgerunner70
12-18-12, 17:23
Before you know it they will be canceling the outdoor and sportsman's channel's as well...

hatt
12-18-12, 18:01
I've been wanting to cancel cable for a while. Hopefully this will put me over the edge.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-18-12, 20:12
But, but 3-Gun Nation got rid of the human shaped targets to make it non-threatening.

feedramp
12-18-12, 20:32
Good, they were probably filled with stereotypes and bigotry against gun owners anyway.

Doc Safari
12-19-12, 15:29
I realize that infowars puts out a lot of crazy shit, but I wouldn't think they'd get this wrong: they're supposedly saying that Discovery's Sons of Guns is going to be shitcanned, and that Ted Nugent will no longer be welcome on that channel in any form.

brickboy240
12-19-12, 15:55
Geez!

Pretty soon all that will be left of cable will be cooking shows, a few team sports and channels full of gay guys re-decorating houses.

How sad is this?

Over-react much?

-brickboy240

Guns-up.50
12-19-12, 16:11
Before you know it they will be canceling the outdoor and sportsman's channel's as well...

Well I guess it would be safe to cancel the cable altogether then

brickboy240
12-19-12, 17:00
With out the gun programming....cable tv is just not worth having.

You can get most of the sports stuff you want online.

Movies can be had from Netflix or Red Boxed locally.

Local news and weather...again...on your computer or phone.

Many series on USA and FX can be watched on their sites or through Hulu or Roku or some other device.

There will literally be no reason to carry cable tv.

-brickboy240

ralph
12-19-12, 17:58
With out the gun programming....cable tv is just not worth having.

You can get most of the sports stuff you want online.

Movies can be had from Netflix or Red Boxed locally.

Local news and weather...again...on your computer or phone.

Many series on USA and FX can be watched on their sites or through Hulu or Roku or some other device.

There will literally be no reason to carry cable tv.

-brickboy240
I' ve no doubt that in the next few years, the need for cable tv will be greatly dimished..These desicisons by the networks will only make the decision to drop cable that much easier..that much sooner..

Endur
12-19-12, 21:25
Glad I don't have cable. I'd rather not watch our rights being stripped away.

SMETNA
12-20-12, 02:40
I've been wanting to cancel cable for a while. Hopefully this will put me over the edge.

Do it. Best decision I ever made. Get a Netflix streaming account for $8/month

And yes, Discovery Networks has canned Sons of Guns, American Guns. Top Shot could be next.

rojocorsa
12-20-12, 04:45
**** cable. I don't even bother....

I grew up with it and managed fine, and now that we have it in this house, I give exactly no shits about it.

SMETNA
12-20-12, 05:49
Might as well just take the line from the wall, shove it up my ass, and start repeating what the talking heads have been saying.

"Tea Party . . . . racists . . . . . guns . . . . evil . . . Government . . . . Gods . . . . Obama . . messiah"