PDA

View Full Version : Intro - New to forum

ursusmajor
12-18-12, 17:24
Hello all:

Like many others, I've been reading the forums for a while before joining. Also like many others, the info I've gathered here has been a huge benefit and greatly influenced my build.

A little about me: Been a shooter and casual hunter for around 22 years or so, mostly shotgun/pistol, sporting clays, targets, etc... Prior service Army INF many years ago now...I own a small business... like to spend the fall/winter shooting or hunting while spending the spring/summer riding track days or other performance motorcycle riding. When hunting or shooting I prefer private land but do patronize a local club in my area.

I've always owned various firearms from an early age but, this being a state where deer hunting isn't allowed with a rifle, only had a JLD PTR-91 as a "battle-type rifle" which I had picked up back in 2004-05 at my LGS. A few months ago I decided to get an AR that would be similar to my service rifle because I loved the light weight and great performance of the platform and the PTR just doesn't do it for me (still keeping it though :)). Many great posters' information here led me to Daniel Defense and, using their build tool, built a nice 16" carbine with a Geissele SSA which was delivered last month. Timing hasn't been right for me to get out to some private property for a proper BZO but I can probably get to it after the holidays are over. I'd say I ended up building something that was pretty different from my service weapon (A2) but hey, you can't fight progress :). I probably put about 3K or rounds down range a year including pistol plus another few thousand shot shells.

I certainly don't have the knowledge that many members do on this forum but will try and contribute where I can. I'm not above listening to people with more experience than me and don't take offense to being pointed out wrong.

Thanks goes out to the mods for activating my account,

--Drew

FlyingHunter
12-18-12, 17:52
Welcome and you did a fine introductory post.

To best benefit from the value that this forum has to offer, I would highly recommend reading this:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=70019

Now be safe, shoot the heck out of your new Daniel Defense AR (good choice), join the NRA, take friends shooting.

ursusmajor
12-18-12, 19:53
To best benefit from the value that this forum has to offer, I would highly recommend reading this:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=70019

Thanks Flying for the welcome and link - very good info for sure - I will heed!

Aaron_B
12-18-12, 21:38
Welcome to M4C!

Excellent choice on rifle, now get out and get shooting.

mikelowrey
12-19-12, 09:18
Welcome!

Jonny4523
12-30-12, 11:42
Welcome