PDA

View Full Version : In an effort to regain my sanity.......

JBecker 72
12-18-12, 18:56
With all this talk of bans and how the sky is falling and we are all doomed, I was getting a little bummed out. So I took a nice long ride out through the woods on my dirt bike up to the top of a hill and watched the sun go down over beautiful VA. The entire ride, about an hour or so, all I thought about was my line through the trail, how to traverse one of many sketchy fallen logs and deep creek crossings, and even got to spot some wildlife. I have regained some happiness.

I suggest you all try and get away from it all for a bit and clear your heads. It does wonders, trust me. My plan is to avoid any talk of bans or the world ending this Friday and plan on spending the evening with my girlfriend in peace and quiet. I'm sure the craziness will be waiting for me when I wake up in the morning. :help:

Moose-Knuckle
12-18-12, 19:01
I've been cleaning all my EBRs naked in the dark while listening too Neil Young's Keep on Rockin in the Free World.

JBecker 72
12-18-12, 19:26
lol, whatever keeps ya going.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Caeser25
12-18-12, 19:26
It was rainy today, so a ride on the bike playing hooky was a nogo. I'm racking my brain lurking on a truck forum trying to decipher what tires will fit on my truck without rubbing now, but won't be a bit small once I add a leveling kit that adds 2". 265/70/16, 265/75/16, 235/85/16, 31x12.5/?/16. Dammit the rims I want to get in the spring are 17s, ok found some 16s, what about the offset?

Although now is a good time to gather some facts since the high holidays are coming up and liberal family members can't seem to keep their mouth shut with their ignorance.

Moose-Knuckle
12-18-12, 19:37
Although now is a good time to gather some facts since the high holidays are coming up and liberal family members can't seem to keep their mouth shut with their ignorance.

This sounds like the classic tactic of getting shit faced drunk and hitting on your MOL would work.

SMETNA
12-18-12, 20:14
I've been cleaning all my EBRs naked in the dark while listening too Neil Young's Keep on Rockin in the Free World.

:lol: LoL
http://youtu.be/jMo_HcRBnUY

With all this talk of bans and how the sky is falling and we are all doomed, I was getting a little bummed out. So I took a nice long ride out through the woods on my dirt bike up to the top of a hill and watched the sun go down over beautiful VA. The entire ride, about an hour or so, all I thought about was my line through the trail, how to traverse one of many sketchy fallen logs and deep creek crossings, and even got to spot some wildlife. I have regained some happiness.

I suggest you all try and get away from it all for a bit and clear your heads. It does wonders, trust me. My plan is to avoid any talk of bans or the world ending this Friday and plan on spending the evening with my girlfriend in peace and quiet. I'm sure the craziness will be waiting for me when I wake up in the morning. :help:

On a more serious note, I need to do this too. I need to take my jeep up to my favorite off road spot and climb the hill and sit. And just let the world float by.

duece71
12-18-12, 20:50
It was rainy today, so a ride on the bike playing hooky was a nogo. I'm racking my brain lurking on a truck forum trying to decipher what tires will fit on my truck without rubbing now, but won't be a bit small once I add a leveling kit that adds 2". 265/70/16, 265/75/16, 235/85/16, 31x12.5/?/16. Dammit the rims I want to get in the spring are 17s, ok found some 16s, what about the offset?

Yeah, this past weekend was a rough one for me too. I was sad about what happened, sad about what is going to happen and my wife went off on a shrieking, crying rant about how much she hates me having guns.....:(
I need to go back to work to get away from it all.
Oh, and the inlaws are coming the week after my next work week (New Years) so I need to prepare myself for more lectures and speeches on how the gun confiscation scheme is going to play out.........:mad::nono:

Kfgk14
12-18-12, 22:50
I usually go shooting to clear my head. Increasingly turning to off-roading, though; gasoline is becoming more economical to consume than ammo :mad: