PDA

View Full Version : A Motive Emerges...

SteyrAUG
12-18-12, 19:35
I wondered if the planned "move" wasn't what set this little turd off. Had no idea it was actually going to be commitment.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/school_gunman_psychiatric_lanza_hmU0Sl1Skq3MqZTcmEdIMJ

Also makes sense of the chosen targets.

jet66
12-18-12, 19:46
This is what I was waiting to hear... Although with the way this whole thing has been handled by the media, I'm not sure how much faith to put in its accuracy. It certainly makes a lot of sense with what we know about how it went down.

Moose-Knuckle
12-18-12, 19:50
Oh thank God, there for a second I was afraid he didn't get that pony he wanted when he was five.

maximus83
12-18-12, 19:52
That does sounds plausible.

I also don't want to dump on the kid's mom--who from the limited information doesn't sound like a bad person and is at the very least another murder victim. But it's hard to imagine how, if she had a legally adult kid that needs to be committed to psychiatric treatment against his will, she thought it was ok to keep exposing this kid directly to firearms. There are reports that she took him shooting just days before the event. I guess hindsight is always 20-20, but if I had a kid that was disturbed enough to require commitment, I sure wouldn't be letting him handle firearms. I wonder about her judgment on that point.

SteyrAUG
12-18-12, 21:29
That does sounds plausible.

I also don't want to dump on the kid's mom--who from the limited information doesn't sound like a bad person and is at the very least another murder victim. But it's hard to imagine how, if she had a legally adult kid that needs to be committed to psychiatric treatment against his will, she thought it was ok to keep exposing this kid directly to firearms. There are reports that she took him shooting just days before the event. I guess hindsight is always 20-20, but if I had a kid that was disturbed enough to require commitment, I sure wouldn't be letting him handle firearms. I wonder about her judgment on that point.

It seems to me that this kid took a huge slide from "quiet, shy, weird" to "troubled, dangerous and violent." That transition might have taken place of the course of a couple years. We may discover that her time spent taking him shooting was an effort to make him potentially more sociable.

Who knows when they actually went shooting together last. For all we know it was more than a year ago. If it does turn out that they in fact went shooting 48 hours prior then she obviously greatly misjudged his mentality and condition and paid for it with her life. But I don't find it plausible that she was getting ready to move him out of state for purposes of psychiatric help and was still taking him shooting.

Could be, just doesn't sound right.

El Pistolero
12-18-12, 21:36
Link isn't working for me....

montanadave
12-18-12, 21:42
I wondered if the planned "move" wasn't what set this little turd off. Had no idea it was actually going to be commitment.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/school_gunman_psychiatric_lanza_hmU0Sl1Skq3MqZTcmEdIMJ

Also makes sense of the chosen targets.

The Post story is now "file not found" on their website. Can you elaborate on the connection with the school and/or children?

SteyrAUG
12-18-12, 21:47
Ironic that the Post dumped it.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/18/fear-being-committed-may-have-caused-connecticut-madman-to-snap/

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/20377536/report-lanzas-mother-may-have-wanted-to-send-him-away

“From what I've been told, Adam was aware of her petitioning the court for conservatorship and (her) plans to have him committed," Flashman told FoxNews.com. "Adam was apparently very upset about this. He thought she just wanted to send him away. From what I understand, he was really, really angry. I think this could have been it, what set him off.”

The original Post story stated that the school principal and psychiatrist were friends of his mother and he believed she loved the kids at Sandy Hook more than she loved him.

jet66
12-18-12, 21:48
It's been removed...

Here is another link, from Fox News. (http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/12/18/foxnews-com-exclusive-fear-of-being-committed-may-have-caused-connecticut-gunman-adam-lanza-to-snap/) It appears to be the same story that the NYP had up.

Mjolnir
12-18-12, 21:55
Oh thank God, there for a second I was afraid he didn't get that pony he wanted when he was five.

LOL!

The little guy was as programmed as the guy who shot Gifford.

What is like to know is what happened to the other two guys they captured and how is it the kids died from multiple shots from an AR when it was found in his car.

montanadave
12-18-12, 21:55
What a selfish, heartless little prick.

SteyrAUG
12-18-12, 22:02
What a selfish, heartless little prick.

I'm pretty sure that was already established.

I can't think of any good reasons for killing a bunch of kids.

montanadave
12-18-12, 22:09
I'm pretty sure that was already established.

I can't think of any good reasons for killing a bunch of kids.

Agreed. But I can still see a distinction between someone who goes postal during a full-on psychotic break and a spoiled prick who is pissed at his mom and decides to just dole out as much pain as he possibly can before offing himself.

og556
12-18-12, 22:19
Why did they take this down ?

SteyrAUG
12-18-12, 22:23
Why did they take this down ?

Decided it didn't coincide with their preferred media bias?

SteyrAUG
12-18-12, 22:27
Agreed. But I can still see a distinction between someone who goes postal during a full-on psychotic break and a spoiled prick who is pissed at his mom and decides to just dole out as much pain as he possibly can before offing himself.

Struck me as way too methodical for a kid with issues spazzing out. This seemed too much like a Kleibold and Harris "**** Everyone" plan.

Mauser KAR98K
12-18-12, 22:56
Struck me as way too methodical for a kid with issues spazzing out. This seemed too much like a Kleibold and Harris "**** Everyone" plan.

Eric Cartman gone postal.

Magic_Salad0892
12-18-12, 23:01

Actually, they were targeting Christians specifically, if I remember correctly.

Mjolnir
12-18-12, 23:31

Yep. But no one wants to hear that.

Sensei
12-18-12, 23:38

Which goes back to my original position that the vast majority of these shooters have personality disorders as their main problem. While there may be some features of schizophrenia such as social withdrawal, they lack the other so called "positive" symptoms of a psychotic break such as hallucinations, complex delusions, disorganized thoughts, etc. that are needed to be diagnosed with schizophrenia.

You see, people with schizophrenia in a psychotic break are historically very disorganized and tangential in their thought processes. One minute they are talking about the government chip in their brain, the next minute they are expecting the colonel to bring them chicken. While they may hear voices telling them to do violent acts, those are usually simple acts directed toward themselves or a single victim. They are typically incapable of the complex planning that goes into these types of mass murder.

Another possibility is that we are stumbling across an entirely new entity in mental health - one that combines the worst elements of antisocial personality disorder with the "negative" symptoms of schizophrenia such as social withdrawal, language difficulty, etc. For example, the VA Tech shooter was also extremely withdrawn and suffered some form of language impairment consistent with the negative symptoms of schizophrenia. However, he lacked the positive symptoms such as hallucinations or delusions, and managed to avoid the diagnosis of schizophrenia during his period of involuntary commitment. This is a little surprising given how liberally the diagnosis is made these days. He also exhibited many features of antisocial personality disorder such as disregard for he rights of others, fascination with violence as a means to an ends, etc. In the end, the psychiatrist who evaluated the VA Tech shooter thought that he was dangerous, but could not fit him in an existing diagnosis. Is that because Cho was a new breed?

If this is a new hybrid illness, then God help us all. That's because the negative symptoms of schizophrenia are the most resistant to treatment, and personality disorders are notoriously refractory to most interventions. That is to say, antipsychotic medications are actually good at resolving the hallucinations and delusions, but the social withdrawal often remains. On the other hand, incarceration seems to be the most effective "treatment" for antisocial personality disorder.

tb-av
12-18-12, 23:58
Another possibility is that we are stumbling across an entirely new entity in mental health - ...
If this is a new hybrid illness, then God help us all.

As scary as that sounds .... the politicians will embrace it. Who could vote against a tax to search out, protect from and cure that?

I guess when these guys blow their brains out there is not much left to examine. I wonder if their brains are examined after the fact for any sort of clues?

SteyrAUG
12-19-12, 00:42

They were targeting everything they hated. Being Jewish wasn't gonna get you a pass that day and they let two kids who would identify themselves as Christian off the hook.

One was warned off prior to the shooting, one was allowed to walk during the shooting. These two extremely lucky individuals were one of the few that the shooters had identified as "friendly."

Moose-Knuckle
12-19-12, 01:14
The little guy was as programmed as the guy who shot Gifford.

What is like to know is what happened to the other two guys they captured and how is it the kids died from multiple shots from an AR when it was found in his car.

Agreed, same as with the Aurora, Portland, etc. MK-ULTRA. But I guess it's just easier to believe the .gov and state ran media. Convenient coincidences. Panic and fear are some of the most powerful tools in the trade and two of the oldest.

When this story first broke the killer used two handguns and the rifle was left inside a car. The school buzzed him in a secure door, now we are being told he blasted his way through the door and used a Bushmaster.

Magic_Salad0892
12-19-12, 03:34
They were targeting everything they hated. Being Jewish wasn't gonna get you a pass that day and they let two kids who would identify themselves as Christian off the hook.

One was warned off prior to the shooting, one was allowed to walk during the shooting. These two extremely lucky individuals were one of the few that the shooters had identified as "friendly."

I appreciate the info, Steyr. I didn't know that.

I stand corrected. I didn't know they let anybody go. Especially Christians.

SteyrAUG
12-19-12, 12:45
I appreciate the info, Steyr. I didn't know that.

I stand corrected. I didn't know they let anybody go. Especially Christians.

Best of my recall the first one was in the same German language class as one of the shooters and was told something along the lines of "Ya know, you've always been nice to me. You should leave the school and not come back today." The student did as suggested but didn't think to warn anyone as he had no understanding of what might happen.

The second individual encountered one or both shooters during the shooting. I believe it was in the library. He had no avenue of escape or reasonable place of shelter so he simply talked to them as he was approached.

He asked "What are you guys doing?"

They replied "Shooting people."

He asked "Are you going to shoot me?"

They replied "No...you can leave."

There is of course the famous "Do you believe in God?" execution. But I think she was dead regardless of any answer she may have provided.