PDA

View Full Version : TN Considers Arming Teachers

SteveL
12-18-12, 20:37
Well, at least someone out there doesn't have their head up their ass.

http://news.yahoo.com/tennessee-considers-training-arming-schoolteachers-protect-against-shootings-192556978--politics.html

The_Hammer_Man
12-18-12, 20:43
Well yay... finally someone is trying to turn back the clock to when school teachers not only taught their students.. they protected them as well.

I'm originally from SD (Near White Lake) and there are a number of local legends about how school teachers stood their ground, and in some cases, fought it out with the BG's.

duece71
12-18-12, 20:51
Please, we need this. We need rational thinking about the next step.

Kfgk14
12-18-12, 22:54
I really think they need someone beyond a resource officer either way. Hell, train a janitor to carry for the school, they're ideal for the job. I Hope they make training available to more than just the required one teacher, though. I'd feel far safer if we had ten or fifteen armed teachers in every school. The SRO's I've dealt with have been notoriously ill-prepared for reacting to a shooting. The SRO at my son's school is awful jumpy and panicky IMHO, doesn't have the building layout well-established in her mind, and I've seen her shoot, it's bad news bears if she needs to hit something beyond 5 yards...:mad:

The_Hammer_Man
12-19-12, 02:19
My Grandma was an english teacher and she packed a pistol in her purse. She was a good shot.. heck she's the one that gave me my first pistol lesson when I was 8.

Nice lady.. as long as you were on her good side.

Now imagine a world 50 yrs from now when the kids in kindergarten tell stories about their teachers.

"She was a liberal wuss.. no use at all."

austinN4
12-19-12, 06:59
Well, at least someone out there doesn't have their head up their ass.
Not just TN, but Texas as well:

Posted: 5:42 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 18, 2012
CONTINUING COVERAGE: Texas school safety

Connecticut school massacre could drive through Texas’ gun-law revisions

Measures allowing teachers to pack pistols, concealed weapons in college buildings, open-carry expected for debate

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/connecticut-school-massacre-could-drive-through-te/nTZbB/