PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy a DDM4 and not get ripped off.

Kenneth
12-18-12, 21:28
I'm looking for a DDM4v5. We have a new local gun store that quoted me $1270 with sights but they are out of stock of course. They sold ALL of their AR's on Saturday so now I'm playing the waiting game. I have an order with them and one other store but I'm afraid that neither will get one in before something drastic happens.

Fidalgoman
12-18-12, 21:36
Helps to know where you're located bro'. Here in Kalispell Sportsmans had one a couple of days ago. Very nice and light.

Kenneth
12-18-12, 21:39
I'm in north Texas. I guess I should have mentioned that but I'm used to buying everything online die to no one having anything worth a dang locally.

Bulletdog
12-18-12, 21:42
Can you not get it from DD? I just got some uppers directly from them. Fair price and the service was EXCELLENT! Turn around time for a complete rifle was around a month, but this was a few weeks ago.

D.S. Brown
12-18-12, 21:44
What's your definition of "ripped off." Today I went to two gun stores I KNOW carry Daniel Defense. I went to Cheaper Than Dirt Guns in McKinney, and The Bullet Trap in Plano. Their prices for DD's, that they had in stock, were between $1400-$1600 a few days ago, before the hysteria. My purpose was to possibly buy another one, (already have a DD and a BCM). I was prepared to pay those prices. When I got to these places they were cleaned out of their DD's they previously had in stock. I was considering for a minute to "settle" on a Colt 6920 at The Bullet Trap, when a clerk took it off the wall and put it on hold for a regular.

With all due respect your question should be where can I find a Daniel Defense for a reasonable market price? Unfortunately "reasonable" probably ended on Sunday. I'd be prepared to pay much higher than you were quoted. In all seriousness you probably might still find a Colt 6920 for that price, if you search hard and quick enough.

Good luck!

Best,

Dave

8200rpm
12-18-12, 21:47
$1270 with sights is insanely low to the point that it sounds too good to be true. MSRP on a V5 with sights is $1799. Most vendors sell it for ~$1500 w/o sights even before the election and OR/CT shootings.

Kenneth
12-18-12, 21:49
Well I don't really know. I figured they were just tryin to fill orders to gun stores. Ill call them when I have time and see what they say.

drck1000
12-18-12, 21:51
$1270 with sights is insanely low to the point that it sounds too good to be true. MSRP on a V5 with sights is $1799. Most vendors sell it for ~$1500 w/o sights even before the election and OR/CT shootings.

I guess it would also depend on whether of not the shop brought the gun in before DD raised the pricing on their DDM4 line not too long ago. I've seen the DDM4 V5 going for closer to $1500 after the price increase, but got mine at around $1200 prior to the price increase and of course the tremendous demand on ARs in general since November.

Kenneth
12-18-12, 21:52
Yea the price was so low I had the guy show me twice. He had one Saturday and sold them before I got there :(

I know that it's a long shot of finding one period much less at a good deal anymore. I was in the market and all this just kinda jumped the fun on me. I have my cheapo build rifle but I want another before any thing crazy happens with our legislation.

SteveL
12-18-12, 22:02
I don't think I've ever seen a DD as low as $1270.

Anyway, check with Gun Gallery in Jacksonville, FL. They might have some. However, you're probably looking at $1400+.

59_Gretsch
12-18-12, 22:24
Check with Grant at G&R Tactical. They're sold out now but if you get on the notify list you might get lucky. I've worked with Grant before and he's good to go. A vet, a site sponsor, and donates 10% of his gross to charity.

RIDE
12-18-12, 22:30
Check with Brent at G&R Tactical. They're sold out now but if you get on the notify list you might get lucky. I've worked with Brent before and he's good to go. A vet, a site sponsor, and donates 10% of his gross to charity.

Who is this "Brent" you speak of?

:D:D you mean Grant? :D:D:

59_Gretsch
12-18-12, 22:39
Who is this "Brent" you speak of?

:D:D you mean Grant? :D:D:

Doh! Long day...fixing it. Sorry Grant!

avengd7x
12-18-12, 23:33
I don't think I've ever seen a DD as low as $1270.

Anyway, check with Gun Gallery in Jacksonville, FL. They might have some. However, you're probably looking at $1400+.

It's crazy but I bought my first DD m4v3 for $1050 brand new from buds. I also got my v7 for $1250. It may sound lame but these have been the golden years for ARs. We've never had so many options as far as AR makers and individual parts makers. It's really going to suck if things change