PDA

View Full Version : This is the kind of 'in-your-face' fighting back we need!

Doc Safari
12-19-12, 10:16
Although this article concerns a revolt against Obamacare, maybe it will give states and individuals ideas regarding a possible revolt against a new gun ban.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/12/17/south-carolina-lawmakers-propose-5-year-jail-sentence-for-obamacare-implementation

If his bill becomes law, any state official caught enforcing the healthcare law would be guilty of a misdemeanor and "must be fined not more than one thousand dollars or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

Federal officials caught enforcing the law, however, would be given stiffer punishment under the proposal.

Any federal employee or contractor enforcing the law "is guilty of a felony and, upon conviction, must be fined not more than five thousand dollars, or imprisoned not more than five years, or both," the bill proposes.

"I think we're within our rights to do this," Chumley explained to U.S. News. "It's an obligation, I swore an oath to uphold the Constitution and protect the people."

TAZ
12-20-12, 23:18
Not sure the law is Comstitutional, but what the heck. If the Feds can cram unconstitutional crap down our throats and force us to deal with it till someone challenges it, so can we.

Magic_Salad0892
12-20-12, 23:32
Not sure the law is Comstitutional, but what the heck. If the Feds can cram unconstitutional crap down our throats and force us to deal with it till someone challenges it, so can we.

Gotta fight dirty, to beat dirty, I guess...

Kfgk14
12-21-12, 00:12
Hey, it's cleaner fighting than shooting them, so they have no right to complain. By the founder's standards we should be seizing military bases and starting a revolution, not pussyfooting around with politics, that really ought have been over and done with about FDR's time. Or TR's time. Or Lincoln's time.

thopkins22
12-21-12, 00:23
That's awesome. Not enforceable, nor defensible in court, but awesome.

Outlander Systems
12-21-12, 06:13
Wow.

Well played, South Carolina, well played.

SMETNA
12-21-12, 07:34

Look up the Virginia and Kentucky Resolutions of 1798

There is a precedent for this

Littlelebowski
12-21-12, 07:52
I think we need to educate people.

tb-av
12-21-12, 08:52

In a big way. We need to shut down people like Joe Morrisey as well. He should have never been elected to office. Hell he should never have had his license re-instated to practice law.

ForTehNguyen
12-21-12, 09:01
nullification cat is nullifying

Doc Safari
12-21-12, 09:13

I respectfully think that view is naive at this point. This country has become so polarized that people are willing to cling to their agenda no matter what the facts may be. The people who are genuinely undecided and/or willing to learn something new are an ever shrinking minority. "Everyone did what was right in his own eyes."

Littlelebowski
12-21-12, 09:19
I respectfully think that view is naive at this point. This country has become so polarized that people are willing to cling to their agenda no matter what the facts may be. The people who are genuinely undecided and/or willing to learn something new are an ever shrinking minority. "Everyone did what was right in his own eyes."

I see what you're saying but.....I've educated a few people this week that were at first against "assault weapons and high capacity clips."

tb-av
12-21-12, 09:38
I see what you're saying but.....I've educated a few people this week that were at first against "assault weapons and high capacity clips."

Again, I agree. To negate the "big clip" fear. We would have to outlaw everything except for maybe revolvers. All it would do is have these sick killers carry more "clips" as they too can be changed in 2 seconds.

BTW... stop calling them gunmen!! Refer to them as sick killers or something that is more accurate..... speaking of education.

Doc Safari
12-21-12, 09:44
Not to beat a dead horse, but to a certain extent the assault weapons and high cap mag argument is a lot like the Confederate flag argument: the people who want to believe they're evil will never swallow the argument about history, heritage, rights, or any other defense.

I'm not saying don't try to educate: just don't waste your time unproductively.

TAZ
12-21-12, 10:18
Look up the Virginia and Kentucky Resolutions of 1798

There is a precedent for this

I'm no historian, but I don't remember any legal precedent for using a state legislature to nullify federal law. It seems people have tried to invoke it, but I can't find any SC rulings stating that it was good to go.

I don't disagree with the tactic, as I'm not the kind who believes in a fair fight, but I'm not holding my breath on this one.

tb-av
12-21-12, 10:23
Not to beat a dead horse, but to a certain extent the assault weapons and high cap mag argument is a lot like the Confederate flag argument: the people who want to believe they're evil will never swallow the argument about history, heritage, rights, or any other defense.

I'm not saying don't try to educate: just don't waste your time unproductively.

Agreed..... http://www.postcrescent.com/usatoday/article/1737849

Trace played it well.

Doc Safari
02-19-13, 14:45
Someone in Missouri gets it:

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/02/19/mo-house-bill-makes-proposing-gun-control-illegal/

A Missouri lawmaker is proposing to send colleagues to prison for introducing gun control legislation — a plan that even its sponsor acknowledges has no chance of passage but nonetheless highlights the increasingly strident tone of gun measures in Missouri’s generally pro-gun Legislature.

“I have no illusions about the bill making it through the legislative process, but I want it to be clear that the Missouri House will stand in defense of the people’s constitutional right to keep and bear arms,” Leara, a Republican from suburban St. Louis, said in a written statement. He declined further comment.

If people keep up this kind of thinking, we can turn back the gun grabbers' agenda for good. All it takes is courage to back something like this. Maybe if people start jamming their legislators' phone lines?

ForTehNguyen
02-19-13, 18:14
State's rights and nullification

Brimstone
02-19-13, 20:12
Well played SC!

Moose-Knuckle
02-19-13, 21:14
Someone in Missouri gets it:

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/02/19/mo-house-bill-makes-proposing-gun-control-illegal/

A Missouri lawmaker is proposing to send colleagues to prison for introducing gun control legislation — a plan that even its sponsor acknowledges has no chance of passage but nonetheless highlights the increasingly strident tone of gun measures in Missouri’s generally pro-gun Legislature.

“I have no illusions about the bill making it through the legislative process, but I want it to be clear that the Missouri House will stand in defense of the people’s constitutional right to keep and bear arms,” Leara, a Republican from suburban St. Louis, said in a written statement. He declined further comment.

If people keep up this kind of thinking, we can turn back the gun grabbers' agenda for good. All it takes is courage to back something like this. Maybe if people start jamming their legislators' phone lines?

This is exactly what I said in the MO thread. ;)

MO Republicans need to introduce an anti tyrant bill that would make it a felony to introduce anti 2nd Amendment bills.
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=1548596#post1548596

SMETNA
02-19-13, 22:38
. . . . . but I can't find any SC rulings stating that it was good to go.

You won't find any. SCOTUS is a federal court. If you're nullifying an abusive federal law, why would you defer to the opinions of a federal court? Nullification has been used a handful of times by various state governments.

http://youtu.be/bLjQzlMDX2I