PDA

View Full Version : Noveske N4 owners...........

TheGhostRider
02-23-08, 14:08
Questions for you Noveske N4 owners..........

How about some reviews regarding the N4.

Do the barrels have any spec markings on them like Colt barrels?

How do you guys like'm so far?

I'm thinking about getting one of the N4 basic upper assembly's for s**ts and giggles.

NoBody
02-23-08, 14:56

Do the barrels have any spec markings on them like Colt barrels?

How do you guys like'm so far?

I'm thinking about getting one of the N4 basic upper assembly's for s**ts and giggles.

I have a N4 Light Carbine Low Profile and I'm quite happy. The barrel is marked X (Noveske symbol) MP 5.56 NATO 1/7.

Just a (subjective) observation, but the barrel doesn't seem to get hot as quickly as my issued Colt M4A1. I haven't run any tests to confirm this though.

scottp999
02-23-08, 16:26
Got to see my n4 light low profile this week. Still going through my states waiting period, but I was impressed with the rifles fit and finish, as well as the BCG, feed ramps, etc.

NoBody
02-23-08, 16:33
Good point about the finish. Everything fits reasonably tight and the color is consistant. I had a Colt 6920 that had a bit of purplish tint. Not that this affected its performance, but if you're paying that much for a weapon then you expect a lot of attention to detail. The Noveske is that and then some.

txswat
02-24-08, 00:07
I have a standard low profile and a low profile with VLTOR VIS. Both shoot MOA. They are made well and shoot excellent.

QuickStrike
02-24-08, 04:31
I had an upper converted to piston by LWRC.

Will probably make a thread about it in a little bit.

Stickman
02-24-08, 17:20

Lots of pictures and info written up at the below link. If there is anything I missed in the review, or that wasn't covered by the other LEO/ instructor/ reviewer, feel free to ask. In short, its one carbine that I would grab as a "go to gun" without hesitation.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67

jdp710
02-24-08, 18:13
I have a Noveske N4 basic and LMT upper and IMO, the Noveske is worth the extra money. LMT is also GTG but I prefer the Noveske.

TheGhostRider
02-25-08, 17:05
Hey Stick! Thank you for the link! And thank you to the rest of you guys for your replies, I appreciate them!

While I have considerable experience with ARs the number of vender's is overwhelming.
Sometimes one just has to ask for some feedback.

Thanks again,
TGR

CPR
02-26-08, 12:09
I've got an N4 Light low profile and just had Grant install an N4 barrel on my 6721. I haven't had time to get to the range, but the Noveske is every bit as well made as my new manufacture Colt. The Noveske's fit and finish actually seems a little more consistent.

Bad_Karma
03-01-08, 19:56
I've got an N4 Light low profile and just had Grant install an N4 barrel on my 6721. I haven't had time to get to the range, but the Noveske is every bit as well made as my new manufacture Colt. The Noveske's fit and finish actually seems a little more consistent.

I'm also interested in the N4 barrel. Is "Grant" G&R tactical?

My apologies, I just answered my own question by looking at the "dealers" forum. Disgregard.