PDA

View Full Version : Gen4 Glock... Have issues been rectified yet?

amadeus76
12-19-12, 23:34
I know this issue has been beat to death but...

So when she gets back from Christmas with her folks, I'm gonna have my wife pick me up a Glock 17 for when I come home. I know that when they first came out the Gen 4 Glocks had some issues and I've also heard some of these issues bled over to late model Gen 3's as well (which seems to prohibit getting a Gen 3 to avoid the issue). I've searched around even on this board and I keep coming up with conflicting reports regarding whether these issues have really been rectified or not, and much of the time it appears to be 2nd hand 'I heard that...' reports.

So what I'm asking is for those who have hands on experience with the late model Glocks or those in the industry who would know, what is the verdict from those who know???

dseduce
12-20-12, 02:52
I own a gen 4 19...i love this gun...shot side by side next to a gen 3 and the recoilwas noticeably less with the new gen 4 recoil spring. Over 1000 rounds have been ran thdough flawlessly

Clay
12-20-12, 06:39
A few people seemed to have lucked out, but I have talked to people who have bought new Gen4 Glock 19's in the past month and have gotten duds.

feedramp
12-20-12, 07:30
All this panic buying should clear out inventories and hopefully everything currently being produced is rectified and will be the new stock in stores.

ST911
12-20-12, 08:37
OP- Multiple threads already discussing the topic. Search terms "BTF", "Glock gen4" and combinations of "problem/malfunction/Apex/extractor" get you pages of info.

DreadPirateMoyer
12-20-12, 10:01
Short answer: search. Lots of threads like Skintop said.

Shorter answer: no.

amadeus76
12-20-12, 11:08
OP- Multiple threads already discussing the topic. Search terms "BTF", "Glock gen4" and combinations of "problem/malfunction/Apex/extractor" get you pages of info.

Short answer: search. Lots of threads like Skintop said.

Shorter answer: no.

If you read my OP I did, and the information is conflicting as I said... Hence this thread to hopefully get a straight answer.

DreadPirateMoyer
12-20-12, 13:07
Sorry. You're right. But the issues haven't been resolved. :)

Five_Point_Five_Six
12-20-12, 13:35
If you read my OP I did, and the information is conflicting as I said... Hence this thread to hopefully get a straight answer.

lol. If you didn't get what you consider any "straight" answers in the other threads, what makes you think you'll get them in this one? Folks are still having issues, just check any and all gun forums on the internet, you'll find your answer. Might not be the "Yes, all problems are fixed" you're looking for but you'll have your answer none the less.

nate31405
12-20-12, 13:42
I've put over 10,000 rounds through my Glock 17 Gen 4 with no issues. My friend bought one at the same time and he has put around 2,500 rounds through his with no issue. Glock has decent customer service if there is a problem. I love my glocks.