PDA

View Full Version : RE: H335 and Wolf Primers

Eric D.
12-20-12, 00:29
I know that supposedly the issue was only with certain lots of wolf primers but can anyone describe exactly what the issue was? I have some wolf primers that I got from Widener's about a month ago and used them with H335 in some rounds I shot today. I noticed what seemed like a delayed ignition. It was almost like the sound of a dry fire and then a split second later the round would go off. It didn't happen all the time and I never had a malfunction but it has me concerned. I've used the wolf primers with TAC and AA2230 with no issues.

markm
12-20-12, 07:20
That's exactly it. Hangfires and no fires. Don't load that combo.

Mer2112
12-20-12, 09:13
Which Wolf primers? The "SMALL RIFLE 223 (part # QQQSR223)" are supposed to be hotter than the magnum and people have reported no problems using them with H335.

vaglocker
12-20-12, 09:30
Never had a problem after many thousands of rounds with that combination. My primers though are several years old so if there was an issue with recent lots my point may be moot.

markm
12-20-12, 10:34
Never had a problem after many thousands of rounds with that combination. My primers though are several years old so if there was an issue with recent lots my point may be moot.

I had no problems with the silver colored primers. But the brass colored primers don't play well...

To me, the primers are more valueable than the H335.

Eric D.
12-20-12, 13:35
Roger that. I have 5k primers coming tomorrow so I guess I'll be avoiding H335 for awhile.

That's exactly it. Hangfires and no fires. Don't load that combo.

The small rifle magnum, QQQSRM

Which Wolf primers? The "SMALL RIFLE 223 (part # QQQSR223)" are supposed to be hotter than the magnum and people have reported no problems using them with H335.