PDA

View Full Version : Just became an NRA Life Member... YOUR TURN!! (Huge Discount)!!

billybronco
12-19-12, 07:46
I just gave 'em some cash......If you haven't done so already, please do so ASAP.

They're gonna need as much funding as we can possibly muster.

Please push HARD to like minded friends and family even if they don't own or are interested in getting into shooting sports in the future.

Thanks

ryr8828
12-19-12, 08:24
Right after I read their upcoming statement if it doesn't piss me off.

MountainRaven
12-19-12, 08:27
Right after I read their upcoming statement if it doesn't piss me off.

This.

I'm not giving them any more of my money until I know whose side they're actually on.

ZGXtreme
12-19-12, 08:38
Agree with the above. Friday's press conference will establish the foundation for this fight, whether strong or weak. It will also decide if I maintain just my Life of Duty Membership or upgrade to Life Member with additional donations to the NRA ILA.

tb-av
12-19-12, 08:44
I renewed for 5 right before shooting.

billybronco
12-19-12, 09:27
I concur....All valid points.

That being said, they ARE indeed the lesser of two evils. Right now, as far as I'm concerned, is NOT the time to sit on the sideline.

Even 30.00 - 40.00 per person can help our cause immensely.

I agree that the NRA of today is nowhere NEAR the NRA of my father's generation but we still need somebody to fight for us however PC they may be.....For God's sakes, nobody else is going to do it.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-19-12, 11:04
I have a sponsor waiting, I can drop three bills at any time and become a lifetime member. I am simply waiting to see what stance they take on Friday. If they fight for me, I will join their ranks for good.

ZGXtreme
12-19-12, 11:33
I have a sponsor waiting, I can drop three bills at any time and become a lifetime member. I am simply waiting to see what stance they take on Friday. If they fight for me, I will join their ranks for good.

Forgot about that path... anyone want to sponsor me? I'd pull the trigger regardless of Friday in that case.

M4arc
12-19-12, 11:43
I don't think the NRA is going to dig their heels in on this one. I suspect they'll work with the President and Congress and become a participant instead of an outside entity. That's just my guess.

Kfgk14
12-19-12, 14:18
I don't think the NRA is going to dig their heels in on this one. I suspect they'll work with the President and Congress and become a participant instead of an outside entity. That's just my guess.

If they do this, they're gonna be in a real bad place with their membership. I did not drop $4k on a life memberships for myself, wife and kids to be told that I have to surrender even more rights to this fiat government.

F-Trooper05
12-19-12, 14:23
I just donated.

Like it or not, they are the ONLY voice we have. Yeah, there's other guns rights groups out there, but ask the average Congressional staffer if they've ever heard of them. Bottom line is the NRA is the only one that gets a seat at the table.

graffex
12-19-12, 18:56
You dont need a voice if you have a gun. Shit is getting real close to crossing the line.

Caeser25
12-19-12, 19:30
I joined GOA instead.

Caeser25
12-19-12, 19:32

That's my conclusion as well.

Belmont31R
12-19-12, 19:35
That's my conclusion as well.

Yup. They did jack and shit during the last AWB. I just don't think the icky side of the gun world is on their top list to protect. They've never done it before.

SPQR476
12-19-12, 20:43
Except this time, the NRA BOD is full of people from the "icky" side. Hunting is down, the AR is king, the true intent if the 2A is front and center in the voting base. I'm optimistic from what I'm hearing. I don't believe that this Friday will be disappointing.

Mauser KAR98K
12-19-12, 21:01
Except this time, the NRA BOD is full of people from the "icky" side. Hunting is down, the AR is king, the true intent if the 2A is front and center in the voting base. I'm optimistic from what I'm hearing. I don't believe that this Friday will be disappointing.

I hope you are right sir. With the way the country has been going, the corruption and virtual lack of real representation, I still believe a lot of Americans are very fearful of what lies ahead and are worried if their right to protect themselves is now in jeopardy.

The stifling ignorance filling the airways is demoralizing. We need to push back NOW!!

AKDoug
12-19-12, 21:41
They can wait until Friday for my money. I am already a member, so I'll be donating for another 5 years based on Friday's statement, I will upgrade to life if we get out of this with no changes to current laws. Show me the power baby...

I'm of the opinion that nothing needs to change that the federal government should be involved in. Hardening schools, arming teachers, school marshals, all should be a local decision. Better awareness of the mental state of our friends and relatives should be a personal goal of all citizens.

duece71
12-19-12, 21:47

What I was thinking as well. I will renew when I see who they stand with. This could be a decisive moment for the NRA.

QuickStrike
12-19-12, 21:52
Im waiting to see what they've got to say on Friday also. I'll become a life member if they'll fight our fight.

feedramp
12-19-12, 23:36
Like many of you, I'll consider a longterm membership pending their statements Friday.

Magic_Salad0892
12-20-12, 03:37
As shall I.

RIDE
12-20-12, 09:05
So I just became a Life Member of the NRA with the sponsorship of another M4C member that I'll leave nameless so as to not fill his PM box, but I truly appreciate his help.

I now want to do the same for others.

Here's the DEAL!!!...

An NRA Life Membership usually requires a $1,000.00 donation to the NRA... Every once in a while they'll do a $500 Life Member deal...

Currently, if you have another Life Member Sponsor you, you can get an NRA LIFE MEMBERSHIP for just $300!!!! (That's the going rate for 1 single BCG or 300 rounds of 5.56 at the gougers!)

NOW is the time to do it! It's never been more critical than now.

Not tomorrow, not next week... Don't "wait and see" what happens..

I can't keep up with the PM's... Here's the info below... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT... It's time, and maybe the last chance, to put up or shut up.... I know it's some $$$ for a lot of folks, but it may be the best money you've ever spent!

Please post back here when you are a Life Member!

Just call 877-NRA-2000

Tell them you have a friend, Jared Michaelson (me) that is a Life Member that said he'd sponsor you in order for you to receive the Life Membership for $300.

They'll ask for my Member Number, which is 192945552.

They might ask for my City, State... Which is Austin, TX.

Jared Michaelson
NRA Life Member # 192945552
Austin, TX

Just PM me, and I'll give you the info you'll need to get the $300 NRA Life Membership deal!

ralph
12-20-12, 09:28
I know it's around here somewhere, and I've been looking through various threads for a half hour now, But what time on Fri. is the NRA making this statement?..I'd like to see what they have to say..Like many of you, any future contributions to them hang on what position they're going to take..If they stand with us, I'll help, if they cave, I'll not send them another dime..

theblackknight
12-20-12, 09:32
Got a link to this sign up? This will be a cheap X-mas from dad, a name drop lol.

RIDE
12-20-12, 09:34
Got a link to this sign up? This will be a cheap X-mas from dad, a name drop lol.

I just sent you a PM with all the info.

(All PM's have been replied to as well).

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

jmp45
12-20-12, 09:36
I know it's around here somewhere, and I've been looking through various threads for a half hour now, But what time on Fri. is the NRA making this statement?..I'd like to see what they have to say..Like many of you, any future contributions to them hang on what position they're going to take..If they stand with us, I'll help, if they cave, I'll not send them another dime..

Same here..

DreadPirateMoyer
12-20-12, 09:49
Please PM me as well. I'm interested depending on tomorrow's conference.

Biggy
12-20-12, 09:52
PM me also. Thanks

skydivr
12-20-12, 09:52
I'd be in sending PM

mkmckinley
12-20-12, 10:24
Done! (using RIDE's referral). Took 5 minutes. Great deal, thanks man.

Moltke
12-20-12, 10:32
Done. Got my life membership taken care of. $300 for a life membership? Worth it.

VIP3R 237
12-20-12, 10:36
PM sent

SHIVAN
12-20-12, 10:39
I think I used one of these to become a life member, then I upgraded twice or three times. At this point, I think I am Benefactor Life Member.

Biggy
12-20-12, 10:39
IMHO, everyone who does not have a NRA lifetime membership should get this one as soon as possible.

skydivr
12-20-12, 10:50
Done, and passed the info forward to my friends (after their system updates 12-24 hours you can do the same). Operator said you were very popular today! Also said they are doing 8000 memberships a DAY right now.

KVAR
12-20-12, 11:12
PM Sent.

RIDE
12-20-12, 11:13
All PM's replied to....

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT.... good on you folks for signing up!!!!!

I've cleared my PM box (again).. PM me for info.

Don't wait...

avengd7x
12-20-12, 11:13
I just redid my yearly membership, but I'd like to be a lifetime member. Can you send me the info? Thanks

AKDoug
12-20-12, 11:17
They also have a payment plan to pay off the normal $1000 fee for life membership. Won't save you any money, but pretty much anyone can afford $25 a month for 40 months.

Ronin64
12-20-12, 11:25
I'll do it for $300, send me the info!

Atlshaun
12-20-12, 11:27
Please pm the info to me as well

bubba04
12-20-12, 11:31
Can you send me the info?

djegators
12-20-12, 11:44
Annual memberships can make nice gifts as well, and we all know cash is tight. Thru this link you can sign up yourself or others for $25:

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XR021209

bcs135
12-20-12, 11:58
Now a proud NRA life member thanks to RIDE.

Powder_Burn
12-20-12, 12:13
I'm in! Hold time is running ~20 minutes at the moment. Also, Larry Vickers posted his member info in "Ask the SME'" in case anyone needs a backup sponsorship number for some reason.

buzz_knox
12-20-12, 12:24
Done. Thanks, Ride.

RIDE
12-20-12, 12:24
CONGRATS to all the new NRA Life Members!!!

It's mission critical at this point...

We don't want to end up 4 months from posting on this site things like:

"Remember when..."

"The good ole days..."

"we used to..."

"how do I turn my AR15 into a Bolt action rifle...."

Now is the time!!! Fight NOW...

Please bump the thread when you are done.

Just call 877-NRA-2000

Tell them you have a friend, Jared Michaelson (me) that is a Life Member that said he'd sponsor you in order for you to receive the Life Membership for $300.

My info:

Jared Michaelson
Austin, TX

currahee
12-20-12, 12:28
They do the life $300 membership arond every Christmas, and I planned to do it this year.

But I will wait until I see what they say in the anouncement today. I have seen a lot of speculation that they plan to throw the 2nd ammendment under the bus.

RIDE
12-20-12, 12:30
They do the life $300 membership arond every Christmas, and I planned to do it this year.

But I will wait until I see what they say in the anouncement today. I have seen a lot of speculation that they plan to throw the 2nd ammendment under the bus.

To each his own... but waiting isn't the answer in my opinion... get in.

No link... have to call 877-NRA-2000, then give them my info as your sponsor:

Jared Michaelson
Austin, TX

jwfuhrman
12-20-12, 13:15
I'm a NRA Life Member, pm me for my info. I will sponsor ANY M4C member.

djegators
12-20-12, 13:16
I'm a life member also, if anyone needs my info.

RIDE
12-20-12, 13:46
A TON of people are signing up, which is great, but not enough. Get friends and family involved too.

Moltke
12-20-12, 14:07
Regardless of what they come out and say, the NRA is going to be the best chance at stopping new federal gun control. They aren't perfect by any means but no other organization is even half equipped to fight the fight on the national scene with the way things are playing out.

Whether or not you buy a life membership, make sure that you're contacting your elected officials and voicing your opinion. That's something that won't cost you anything, it can be YOUR message to YOUR elected officials, and it says that you care about the issue enough to do it YOURself instead of just sitting back and watching.

JohnnyC
12-20-12, 22:37

I wonder if your industry status would mean anything in a phone call to the NRA BoD? I don't think it could hurt to have industry professionals from big name companies letting the NRA board know how their "constituents" would like them to proceed.

SteyrAUG
12-20-12, 23:17
RIDE, please PM me info as well.

Additionally, please consider your next firearm purchase (whenever they actually become available from my suppliers again) "at cost."

Thank you for doing this for the members here.

ETA: Just noticed you posted the info. Next firearm "at cost" offer still on the table.

RIDE
12-21-12, 08:06
RIDE, please PM me info as well.

Additionally, please consider your next firearm purchase (whenever they actually become available from my suppliers again) "at cost."

Thank you for doing this for the members here.

ETA: Just noticed you posted the info. Next firearm "at cost" offer still on the table.

Great job!!! Thanks for the offer Steyr! Maybe a VICTORY gift for myself if all goes well!

People... get in on this... you don't HAVE to do the $300 deal (though it is a great opportunity).. even if you can just do $25 to the NRA..

Imagine them being able to come out and say, or run ads that say something to the effect of "##,###,### individuals have joined/donated to the NRA since hearing of potential, additional infringements on our constitution by this administration... I urge the politicians and leaders of this great nation to hear the PEOPLE speaking, the people KNOW this is a mental health issue, the people know this is not a gun issue, and the people WILL remember exact who amongst our leaders tried to further their own political agenda with the blood of innocent children".

Like in all fights.. the larger the ###,###,### the better!!

Call the NRA.
Give the info below as your sponsor
Jared Michaelson
Austin, TX
and get the Life Membership for $300!!!! ($700 lower than normal!!)

Fight fight fight!!!!

jwfuhrman
12-21-12, 08:48
I'm providing my info as well

Call the NRA.
Give the info below as your sponsor
Jon Fuhrman
NRA Life Member # 000159282235
Decatur, IN
and get the Life Membership for $300!!!! ($700 lower than normal!!)

Fight fight fight!!!!

ryr8828
12-21-12, 12:38
I kept my word.

RPD03
12-21-12, 13:09
Also willing to sponsor any M4C member.
PM/email for info.

Belmont31R
12-21-12, 13:38
Don't forget to donate to the NRA-ILA which is the lobbying arm of the NRA. Simply joining doesn't really give them money to lobby with.

I can't donate to them right now but used to donate yearly. Once I can I'll be sending them some money.

https://www.nraila.org/get-involved-locally/secure/donate.aspx

currahee
12-21-12, 15:49
After their announcement today I plan to sign up for a lifetime (already a member.) I'm trying to decide between this deal and the $25 a month deal. I'll notice the hell out of $300 at Christmas time, but $25/month isn't much. Yes, I know I end up spending $700 more.

Grizzly16
12-21-12, 16:29
After their announcement today I plan to sign up for a lifetime (already a member.) I'm trying to decide between this deal and the $25 a month deal. I'll notice the hell out of $300 at Christmas time, but $25/month isn't much. Yes, I know I end up spending $700 more.
You also end up being able to easily give $700 more to people protecting your rights. I had the same dilemma until it dawned on me I'd be donating more money down the road anyways.

currahee
12-21-12, 16:57
Where is a link for the $300 membership? On their website it just lists the $1000 life and regular memberships.

RIDE
12-21-12, 16:58
Where is a link for the $300 membership? On their website it just lists the $1000 life and regular memberships.

You have to call them..
877-NRA-2000

Use the info below as your sponsor.
Jared Michaelson
Austin, TX

Great job!!!! FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!

currahee
12-21-12, 17:16
You have to call them..
877-NRA-2000

Use the info below as your sponsor.
Jared Michaelson
Austin, TX

Great job!!!! FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!

Jiminy Crickets I've been on hold for a while, and they have the most annoying hold recording. They are on the east coast, do they have extended hours to deal with this madness?

currahee
12-21-12, 17:24
They just told me that the life member now has to call in and buy the membership. Apparently they didn't like what we were doing.

I'll just go for the $25 per month deal, it will make Christmas a lot better anyway.

RIDE
12-21-12, 17:29
They just told me that the life member now has to call in and buy the membership. Apparently they didn't like what we were doing.

I'll just go for the $25 per month deal, it will make Christmas a lot better anyway.

Well.. that sucks... I wonder if it just depends on the operator... I can't imagine turning down $$$ given the current state of things.

Great job donating... stay in the fight!!!

I've sponsored at LEAST 60 people, which is great.. but just a start.

Keep joining.... we need numbers!!!

Just so we are al on the same page... I get absolutely ZERO no matter how many people I sponsor 1 or 1 million... not a hat, not a sticker, etc. Just concerned about our rights, that my only reason to spend even a second doing this.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-22-12, 00:53
Became a life member today! Sponsored by a facebook friend.

ryr8828
12-22-12, 05:46
I wonder how long it takes this to go through?

I did the life membership over the phone yesterday around noon and my card has not yet been charged and my membership number is not yet valid.

Right after I got off the phone doing that I signed up my wife for a 2 year membership on the internet and my card has been charged for that.
I hope something didn't get lost.

ryr8828
12-24-12, 11:20
I wonder how long it takes this to go through?

I did the life membership over the phone yesterday around noon and my card has not yet been charged and my membership number is not yet valid.

Right after I got off the phone doing that I signed up my wife for a 2 year membership on the internet and my card has been charged for that.
I hope something didn't get lost.

In case anyone was wondering, I joined Friday and they just now charged my credit card. I figure they're busy as hell.

brushy bill
12-24-12, 15:39
I figure they're busy as hell.

I sure hope so...we need all the good guys all in for this one.

thebolt
12-25-12, 12:07
$25 membership w/ a $25 Bass Pro Shop gift card = Free 1 year NRA Membership

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=bassprowy&EK=Y1CWPPAD&pubID=[/url] %20217.AAG&hid=4487688

Merry Christmas to all on M4 Carbine Forum.

Mods-I tried to post this in the general discussion forum but the site would not permit me to post there. Feel free to move this if you have the capability or repost it where others will see.

Kochman
12-25-12, 12:42
Great stuff. Thank you.

Skyyr
12-25-12, 12:51
I would suggest signing up for the 2 or 3 year membership with this deal. The NRA needs money more than anything right now and they probably aren't keeping much of it with this promotion (just my guesstimate, I could be wrong). This is a great deal for us, but right now we need to give as much as possible. An extra $25-50 is nothing compared to winning the political situation we're going through right now.

Link fixed - clicky (https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=bassprowy&EK=Y1CWPPAD&pubID=)

Ty_B
12-25-12, 13:09
I would suggest signing up for the 2 or 3 year membership with this deal. The NRA needs money more than anything right now and they probably aren't keeping much of it with this promotion (just my guesstimate, I could be wrong). This is a great deal for us, but right now we need to give as much as possible. An extra $25-50 is nothing compared to winning the political situation we're going through right now.

Link fixed - clicky (https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=bassprowy&EK=Y1CWPPAD&pubID=)

Completely agree. If you have no other way to join and really want to, then have at it, but if you have the means, please donate what you can. They/we need it.

matt7184
12-25-12, 13:31
I don't agree with quite a bit of what the NRA has recently said, but I do support them in their fight against the tyrants in government trying to usurp our right to self defense/freedom. I signed up....thank you OP.

:cool:

Flyinlow
12-25-12, 13:41
Thanks OP. I just signed up for a two year membership.

Lnxgeek
12-26-12, 09:58
Just signed up for an EPL Life Membership.

DreadPirateMoyer
12-26-12, 18:17
Just joined. Lifetime member. :)

Does anyone have any sources on the ILA not getting much money from people who join, only from direct donations?

currahee
12-27-12, 14:32
Another way to give money is by searching through

GOODSEARCH (http://www.goodsearch.com/)

Go there and select NRA as your charity. Every time you search something they get a penny... doesn't seem like much- but I bet they got $100 from me this year. If everyone here does it they would probably get $100 a week or more.

Whereas, when you use Google, the anti gunners get money.

We have to get in the habit of speaking with out money and time people, or we will lose.

boggyboy72
12-30-12, 18:23
Is the $300.00 Life Membership offer still going on?

hotrodder636
03-12-13, 12:26

I am still curious about this as well.

Interested in GOODSEARCH listed above.....

SteyrAUG
03-12-13, 15:55

Yes it is.

theblackknight
03-14-13, 18:07
How long does it take to update your membership on the NRA's services site?

Ryno12
03-14-13, 18:20
How long does it take to update your membership on the NRA's services site?

From another thread:
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=121914

And also for future reference... It takes quite a while to see your status updated on NRA's website. I did this mid Jan and it took a couple of weeks to see my status update. I finally received the packet, with my new card, in the mail today (3/12). Just under 2 months after. Thankfully, they're swamped!

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

theblackknight
03-14-13, 18:21
Dang!

I've never been so happy about slow service:cool:

Breacher 217
03-14-13, 21:25
I took the plunge yesterday too...