PDA

View Full Version : What It's All About - Protecting Freedoms and Protecting Children

Travis B
12-20-12, 10:55
How can we do this? I just joined the NRA. I've been planning on it for years, but finally got around to it. They need as much support as ever right now, so do whatever you can. One year membership is cheaper than buying one inflated PMag.

How do we protect our children? This Iraq vet is standing guard at a local elementary school. http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=18023054

We can sit around all day bitching about our rights being taken away and our youth being slaughtered, or we can get out and do something about it. What will you do?

Biggy
12-20-12, 11:31
Any new proposed gun legislation needs to be though through very carefully (slowly), because it will have far reaching implications that most people are not even aware of on the surface. We need bold, extremely skilled and cool headed debaters that can take control of and dominate the coming debates and make air head Biden and the people on their side look like the clowns they are. And one more thing, what it's all about ? IMHO, $$$$$

Safetyhit
12-20-12, 12:20
How do we protect our children? This Iraq vet is standing guard at a local elementary school. http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=18023054

We can sit around all day bitching about our rights being taken away and our youth being slaughtered, or we can get out and do something about it. What will you do?

That is indeed one good man. Initially I figured he must be armed, but apparently not. And the added sense of security he offers just being there was likely comforting to many children, although I'd image some were spooked and a parent or two probably thought it traumatic to see a soldier at the school.

Still while he is doing more than you or I, he could not have stopped the last scumbag unless he was extremely fortunate. Otherwise he is just another target and if anything buys time for the responders.

An Undocumented Worker
12-20-12, 12:23
I don't want to sound like a cold heartless bastard, but I probably will. And I do believe that the life of an innocent human being child or adult is a precious thing.

Anyway, it has never been all about protecting children. The childhood survival rate is currently higher than it has ever been in the history of mankind. There was a time not too long ago where you weren't so sure as to whether your child would make it past their second birthday.

Given that perspective, it is my beleif that any and all talk by politicians of regulating firearms any further is only done so to either appeal to their special kind of crazy voter base, or as a method to further subjugate and take power away from the american people.

The short and simple is, that gun free zones are prime targets for those with evil intentions.

Smuckatelli
12-20-12, 12:52
Some cold reality....

The public really doesn't care about children in general, the public is afraid of guns.

The government doesn't care about children in general, they want control. The government is not afraid of guns...it has guns.

1. As a society we allow too many abortions to claim 'it's about the kids'.

2. 7 children die everyday from childhood cancer, 46 get diagnosed everyday. This is the leading cause of death for children.

Childhood cancer research gets under 4% of funding.

The members of this site aren't afraid of guns and they have done some above and beyond activities for children fighting cancer here.

We just have to be careful that we don't get sucked into the "It's About Protecting the Children"....this is about gun control and nothing else.

jet66
12-20-12, 13:15
We just have to be careful that we don't get sucked into the "It's About Protecting the Children"....this is about gun control and nothing else.

That's going to be hard to sell to much of the public, but it (your whole post) is 100% accurate, IMO.