PDA

View Full Version : Fighting may have shaped evolution of human hand

rojocorsa
12-20-12, 17:30
Here is an interesting article.

Here is the most telling quote

"I think there is a lot of resistance, maybe more so among academics than people in general - resistance to the idea that, at some level humans are by nature aggressive animals. I actually think that attitude, and the people who have tried to make the case that we don't have a nature - those people have not served us well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-20790294

Kfgk14
12-20-12, 20:41
Well people love to maintain that we're all inherently bad and evil and untrustworthy, only makes sense that evolution built us to be violent.

GeorgiaBoy
12-20-12, 20:46
Primitively, we should be violent. Like most all other members of the animal kingdom.

The only thing that keeps us somewhat non-violent is our creation of "morals" and "good and evil".

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Kfgk14
12-21-12, 00:15
I love the concept that we're somehow "above" natural law and such. That we're supposed to turn our backs on being the dominant creature on earth and live a vegan diet and such crap, that we all have to sing kum-bay-ah around a digital representation of a campfire so as to avoid polluting the atmosphere while loving our fellow animal creatures and embracing non-denominational spirituality and being at one with our inner spirit :blink:

rojocorsa
12-21-12, 00:23
I love the concept that we're somehow "above" natural law and such. That we're supposed to turn our backs on being the dominant creature on earth and live a vegan diet and such crap, that we all have to sing kum-bay-ah around a digital representation of a campfire so as to avoid polluting the atmosphere while loving our fellow animal creatures and embracing non-denominational spirituality and being at one with our inner spirit :blink:

I roll at my eyes at people who think like that.

I mean, the people who think that any manner of weapon is beneath them and uncivilized are also on that same boat.

Pfffft. :big_boss: