PDA

View Full Version : To use momentary pressure switch or not

notofnow
12-20-12, 20:35
My question is would a momentary pressure switch pad such as the Surefire XM07 help mitigate the problem with turning the flashlights constantly on by accident? I know training will help but if ever in a stressful situation will probably punch that on button pretty hard instead of lightly tapping it. Would like to idiot proof as much as possible because I currently don't have access to the facilities on a regular basis to do stress drills.

I know there is probably not a magic pill to my mentioned problem and some solutions introduce new problems. Opinions, suggestions or solutions from those that have encountered stressful situations during low light/no light is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

brass_m8kr
12-20-12, 22:16
Momentary worked the best for me. Tailcaps with clicky, hi-lo-strobe, SOS, etc were a nightmare when I was reviewing some demo units. Not sure if that tailcap will work on the L4. I have one on an old M2 xenon lamped monster. It was huge but the tape switch worked well. From my trials, the tape has to be solid mounted, isolated or protected from the heat, and positioned close to your grip area where 1 or 2 digits can engage. I wrap my hand around the handgaurd, thumb foreward, and engage the tape switch with my index finger at around the 5:00 position. I prefer the SF X300/SL TLR1s pistol lights with a tape switch. I had one of each and would use either. The SF option does give you a lockout function to save you the embarrassment of the white light AD. And with gloves?? Practice, practice, practice.

Sent from my BNTV250 using Tapatalk 2