PDA

View Full Version : Clyde Armory...any opinions on these guys?

clark98ut
12-21-12, 10:24
I ordered a Colt 6720 from them earlier this week. It showed in stock unlike most of the rest of their Colts, so I placed the order, sent over my FFL as instructed etc.

I haven't heard anything from them until today when I got this email...

Dan,

We are sorry, but we are unable to fulfill your order at this time. Your order has been canceled and your funds authorization released on your credit card.

Blake Haas
blake@clydearmory.com
1-706-549-1842

With the way things are selling right now, and with what rifles are going for, I'm wondering if I didn't just get screwed by these guys so they could sell it to someone else for more money.

If it was simply a case of not being in stock, I understand that, but the vague email sure doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies.

Thoughts?

Dan

fourXfour
12-21-12, 10:28
I'm sure they sold out and the online inventory did not update.

I really wanted a 6720 as well and waited a bit too long to order.

Ericstac
12-21-12, 10:28
I just got the same email. pretty pissed because ive paid my FFL guy and all.

trakker409
12-21-12, 10:30
I've done business with them before. They're GTG. Most likely a case of being sold out but with little communication.

sammage
12-21-12, 10:31
Clyde Armory is good to go. Surprised their site wasn't down due to traffic, like a lot of others. Most likely their website couldn't keep pace with all the panicked phone orders.

skydivr
12-21-12, 10:34
I bought from them last month GTG I suspect they are caught in the frantic rush just like everyone else. Give it a week or put yourself on a backorder list and I'll bet you get one out of their next shipment.

krichbaum
12-21-12, 10:38
I ordered a gun from them this week too. The website showed they had one left in stock, showed 0 immediately following placement of the order so it looks like it's doing real time inventory status. I'm showing a 'pending' charge on my cc account for it...really hoping I actually get it because I've been looking for this rifle for quite a while and it's discontinued.

GcHinOH
12-21-12, 10:40
It's just their crappy website. I had a similar situation buying a Daniel defense from them. It showed two in stock with sights, so I ordered them. I got a call the next day the website was wrong and they only had one, no sights. This was back in September. They still did me good with a great price on the no sight one they had. I don't think this is a case of a dealer intentionally holding back.

12-21-12, 10:46
Clyde is GTG. I'd assume they are just going balls out and didn't have time to update. Good guys, give 'em the benefit of the doubt.

Hunter Rose
12-21-12, 10:54
Same thing happened to me with RatWorx. I called in a phone for an upper literally an hour or two before the CT shooting, but my order never got filled.

Iraqgunz
12-21-12, 10:56
The blame lies with those who waited until something happened to make a purchase.