PDA

View Full Version : which Apex trigger options for S&W M&P series

nethole
12-21-12, 13:08
Sear, striker block, or the DCAEK?

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=307507

---
From various threads on the M&P series, I THINK, would want the sear, the strikerblock, but keep the original springs. Instead of the full DCAEK. With the goal to bring the trigger pull down to 4.5-ish lbs. But I keep seeing so many different new options showing up, I've managed to get myself confused.

Hmac
12-21-12, 13:25
I put a DCAEK on my M&P 9L a couple of years ago, but left the stock trigger return spring on the gun. The trigger pull is 4lb 6oz, nice and crisp, decreased overtravel. I don't pay particular attention to trigger reset.

ra2bach
12-21-12, 13:36
the DCAEK gives a good trigger in a weight that about right for Duty/Carry. this involves putting in a heavier trigger spring. if you leave the stock spring in you get a lighter trigger pull but may sacrifice trigger return.

for my use, the kit with the heavier spring has improves the trigger enough that I don't need it lighter. maybe on a competition gun but not a carry gun...

Hmac
12-21-12, 13:44
the DCAEK gives a good trigger in a weight that about right for Duty/Carry. this involves putting in a heavier trigger spring. if you leave the stock spring in you get a lighter trigger pull but may sacrifice trigger return.

for my use, the kit with the heavier spring has improves the trigger enough that I don't need it lighter. maybe on a competition gun but not a carry gun...

Yeh, I don't carry my M&P 9L...strictly a range and class gun. In the rare event that I carry, I carry a 9mm PPQ. It has a 4lb 11oz trigger.