PDA

View Full Version : Shit that I own

Littlelebowski
12-21-12, 17:23
We really don't need a million posts blathering on about "glad I got this and that." Really, no serious shooter on here cares. Save it for the highroad, 1911forum, and so on where they like to list their collections in their signatures.

We could use less tin foil, more "what can I do besides screaming THEY WON'T TAKE MY GUNZ DERP DERP?" I've laid out the facts on hi cap mags, assault weapons, and mass murders to a few folks this week with learning having occurred. It usually starts when they ask me something like "Aren't you worried since you have kids?" I answer with "Nope. Have you read the statistics on crime lately? Or the ones on mass shootings? More chance of lightning hitting your kid."

SteyrAUG
12-21-12, 17:29
Crap, I forgot to add all the Pmags I just bought to my signature.

Thanks for the reminder.

:sarcastic:

Doc Safari
12-21-12, 17:45
Gun ownership is often a hard row to hoe, that's for sure. I live in a state where it's mostly friendly, but once in a while you'll get "that guy" or "that gal" who says, "You mean you own one of those MAN-KILLERS??!!!!!"

My philosophy on guns began to parallel my philosophy on religion: if you really want to know, I'll be happy to tell you, but I don't go around "evangelizing" either cause.

I've had a chance to educate people who already had an interest, but frankly I've written off the antis as lost causes.

Somebody with more patience than me will have to do that one.

The local radio news show just announced that the mayor and police chief have come out in favor of an assault weapons ban.

Whoop-de-****ing-do.

I won't convert until at least the dog catcher and the Easter bunny are on board.

Enjoy the holidays, guys. Don't let it get you down. This crap is just beginning.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-21-12, 18:39
Had an arrow and archer moment today. They can outlaw this and restict that and insult us as crazies all they want. Yes, I'd rather have an AR if someone comes thru my door, but the reality is I'll defend my family with my bare hands or a rolled up newspaper if I have to. It ain't the arrow, its the archer and his determination that takes the fight. I was watching some movie with the kids and the hero is doing this and that to save his family. My son asked what I'd do to save him. I told him the question isn't what I'd do, the question is what I wouldn't do and I haven't run across anything yet for the list.

I'm beyond worrying about hardware to play with, I'm all about the software I instill in my kids.

carbinero
12-21-12, 18:43
Not worried. We homeschool, and hunting is right up there with the 3 R's. I quit pushing friends to get on board 4 years ago.

J_B
12-23-12, 23:32
What the **** is the purpose of listing your guns or manufacturers in your signature?

Assuming you aren't sponsored by said manufacturer(s).

rojocorsa
12-23-12, 23:39
What the **** is the purpose of listing your guns or manufacturers in your signature?

I bet you some guy did it to be cool and other people saw it and it caught on.

SteyrAUG
12-23-12, 23:46

To brag.

I know I'm always impressed to see...

Springfield XD
CAI CETME
DPMS M4
Taurus Judge
WASR 10/30

Let's me know I'm dealing with the real hardcore.

J_B
12-23-12, 23:47
To brag.

Springfield XD
CAI CETME
DPMS M4
Taurus Judge
WASR 10/30

Haha. LEGIT!

Brimstone
12-23-12, 23:50
I don't own any guns. I just come here for the witty banter.

Mauser KAR98K
12-24-12, 00:17
I would post what i own, but I was transporting them on my boat to an island I shoot on, and I forgot to put the drain plug in before I launched off the ramp. I almost drowned, but my guns are a total loss.

SteyrAUG
12-24-12, 01:02
I'll tell you how I know for a fact that I'm not just in this for the money.

I still have ALL of my ARs that I had two weeks ago despite the opportunity to turn them for 3 times what I have in them. I came damn close watching 6920s actually SELL for $3k or more, but I still have them.

I think it's safe to say I'll always have guns and I'll never be rich.

Denali
12-24-12, 01:27

I still have ALL of my ARs that I had two weeks ago despite the opportunity to turn them for 3 times what I have in them. I came damn close watching 6920s actually SELL for $3k or more, but I still have them.

I just saw that Colt's 6940 LE carbines are being offered over at "Gunbroker" for $3600.00 just as they come from the box! People are buying them! Its going to be awfully tough to resist that kind of madness for long, especially if they soar beyond that pricepoint....

Gramps
12-24-12, 02:37
Of all the guns I used to own, NOT ONE was an "Assault" weapon, they were actually all "Defense" weapons.

Moose-Knuckle
12-24-12, 03:09

Springfield XD
CAI CETME
DPMS M4
Taurus Judge
WASR 10/30

Now I just need to figure out how to color in my roll marks . . . :ph34r:

Gramps
12-24-12, 03:25

Crayola......and you can even do them in....Tacticool "RAINBOW" colors.....With "PRIDE"

ryr8828
12-24-12, 06:14

I unloaded my 5.7 stuff and all my bullpups before the election because I wasn't shooting them and did pretty good. Guess I should have waited.

I feel kind of silly seeing scar 17's go for 5 grand and up and not being able to convince myself to put mine up for sale.

montanadave
12-24-12, 07:02
Just a reminder to all who have or are planning to "capitalize" on the current market insanity, be sure to report those profits as ordinary income on your 2012 tax returns.

Of course, I'm sure no one here needs a reminder. :no:

sammage
12-24-12, 08:14
To brag.

Springfield XD
CAI CETME
DPMS M4
Taurus Judge
WASR 10/30

Steyr just landed the bubba trifecta there.

markm
12-24-12, 08:27
Frickin' Pappabear ordered 100 pmags right before the chit went down.

He's scored 3 barrels.. Geissele rails... two stripped uppers...

They guy is a machine.

I totally pull out of the market in these scenarios, but it's good to hear what everyone has scored! :p

Spiffums
12-24-12, 08:27

Interwebz version of a Rolex watch........to try to impress people who could care less about it.

usmcvet
12-24-12, 09:33
My son asked what I'd do to save him. I told him the question isn't what I'd do, the question is what I wouldn't do and I haven't run across anything yet for the list.

I'm beyond worrying about hardware to play with, I'm all about the software I instill in my kids.

That's the truth brother.

To brag.

Springfield XD
CAI CETME
DPMS M4
Taurus Judge
WASR 10/30

I'm proud that I only know what a few of those are.

Steal a Crayola from a kid. :D

Magic_Salad0892
12-24-12, 21:15
Crap, I forgot to add all the Pmags I just bought to my signature.

Thanks for the reminder.

:sarcastic:

I ****in' dare you to put every gun you own in your signature. (Even if we might not have enough bandwidth on the site to support that list.)

ALCOAR
12-24-12, 21:31
Frickin' Pappabear ordered 100 pmags right before the chit went down.

He's scored 3 barrels.. Geissele rails... two stripped uppers...

They guy is a machine.

I totally pull out of the market in these scenarios, but it's good to hear what everyone has scored! :p

PB is a straight up mad man....he is double f**Ked, he has very expensive taste, and he likes things in bulk.

When he bought one of the very unique special released NXS F1 mil-spec models, I knew the allowance his mom gives him was far more than the one mine gives me :D

It's the understood "you" that being homies with PB has big benefits....then again your the one who builds and rolls everything for your posse.

ST911
12-24-12, 21:59
Updated mine.

SteyrAUG
12-24-12, 22:05
That reminds me...

Soccer Participation Ribbon
6th Grade Math "Best Effort" Award
Tae Kwon Do "Awesome Competitor" certificate
Little Orphan Annie's Secret Society - Member

sammage
12-24-12, 22:43
Don't forget Young Astronauts trainee.

SeriousStudent
12-24-12, 22:51
Updated mine.

Nice! :D

I got fourth place in the "running with scissors" competition. I got a yellow ribbon and this nifty free eyepatch.

12-24-12, 23:12
1st place: Skin Flute- 8th grade.

Mjolnir
12-24-12, 23:22
I don't own any guns. I just come here for the witty banter.

Yeah, just profited from it all. Investing in Facebook stock. I here its gonna take off soon...

Magic_Salad0892
12-25-12, 00:32
1st place: Skin Flute- 8th grade.

... Is this one of those times where 1st place, is also last place?

rojocorsa
12-25-12, 04:12
... Is this one of those times where 1st place, is also last place?

That's funny right there.

I hate to sound like a snob because in reality I am still very much wet behind the ears and have much to learn---however, the more I learn about these subjects, the less I'm impressed by the typical "shooter" who shoots off the bench at 50 yds every single time--those kinds of people. There isn't much I can learn from them.

Magic_Salad0892
12-25-12, 04:14
I hate to sound like a snob because in reality I am still very much wet behind the ears and have much to learn---however, the more I learn about these subjects, the less I'm impressed by the typical "shooter" who shoots off the bench at 50 yds every single time--those kinds of people. There isn't much I can learn from them.

I'm totally with you on that one. No wonder some people get bored with shooting. They don't do anything, and they don't learn anything.

rojocorsa
12-25-12, 04:20
I'm totally with you on that one. No wonder some people get bored with shooting. They don't do anything, and they don't learn anything.

I remember when I first reached that point back when I started. It sucked. Now I go to silhouette matches and stuff like that when I can. They're usually shot by and ran by old-timers, but I've learned a lot from them. This year I got to shoot my M-1 rifle out to 500m at such at match with iron sights.

In a different monthly match, I became a man and started shooting offhand at 200yds. I have the confidence now that I could engage a goblin at such a distance, given that the rams, pigs, chickens, and turkeys are smaller than a would-be belligerent's chest.

Littlelebowski
12-25-12, 07:08
Updated mine.

Leapers, eh? Too bad you couldnt spring for the CounterSniper scope.

markm
12-25-12, 07:47
PB is a straight up mad man....he is double f**Ked, he has very expensive taste, and he likes things in bulk.

When he bought one of the very unique special released NXS F1 mil-spec models, I knew the allowance his mom gives him was far more than the one mine gives me :D

It's the understood "you" that being homies with PB has big benefits....then again your the one who builds and rolls everything for your posse.

He buys NXS scopes in 10 packs like Taco Bell's tacos. :eek:

7 RING
12-25-12, 07:51
I own a Red Ryder BB gun and a 1960's vintage pre-ban water pistol.

usmcvet
12-25-12, 13:50
I own a Red Ryder BB gun and a 1960's vintage pre-ban water pistol.

Dude w/o any bright colors. Way cool.

Abraxas
12-25-12, 14:14

I know the owner of CounterSniper. Does that get cool points?

warpigM-4
12-25-12, 15:40
Talking about bench shooters I went shooting "I "being the key word with a friend who Has a giant Scope on a 300 dollar AK :rolleyes:

I did Moving drills and running drills to get My heart rate up during shooting always on the Move .Hitting targets the whole time

He squatted down and tried shooting and could not hit the broad side of a Barn .then Put his gun up after Maybe 12 shots .

then we got into a discussion why he thought there was no need for a weapon to have a Light attached to it .:suicide:

He thinks the Mosin Nagant is the Bees knees
Needless to say I don't go shooting with him anymore .
Oh did I mention He has a Hi point carbine that has been sent back to the factory due to cracks in the receiver and Now he wants to Mod it with a AK under folding stock even though that piece of junk jams every 3 rounds .

I thought I did good getting his son to Buy a Colt 6920 when he got back from Boot camp and then he asked if there is anyway he could "Mount a Bowie knife to the Bayonet Lug just because it would be cool and different " guess the apple does not fall far from the tree

J-Dub
12-25-12, 15:52

Being too used to that douche filled site called AR15.com. Which happens to be run by a bunch of morons and mall ninjas (that beat it while thinking about crossfit and other forms of douchebaggery)

I could go on, but you probably get the point. These dumbasses buy to have and brag, not to shoot...oh and to fill their rollmarks with melted crayons lol

warpigM-4
12-25-12, 15:54
douchebaggery HAHA thank you I must add this to my vocabulary :D

Suwannee Tim
12-25-12, 18:45
I don't see what's wrong with putting shit you own in your signature line.

Suwannee Tim
12-25-12, 18:53
I've killed more rats with the High Standard Sentinel Deluxe than most of you have killed with everything you got all put together.

Magic_Salad0892
12-25-12, 19:17

I finished my Counter Insurgency, and Anti-Communist courses, does that count for anything?

And for what it's worth, I majored in tactical operations. Tactically.

SteyrAUG
12-25-12, 19:19
Talking about bench shooters I went shooting "I "being the key word with a friend who Has a giant Scope on a 300 dollar AK :rolleyes:

I did Moving drills and running drills to get My heart rate up during shooting always on the Move .Hitting targets the whole time

He squatted down and tried shooting and could not hit the broad side of a Barn .then Put his gun up after Maybe 12 shots .

then we got into a discussion why he thought there was no need for a weapon to have a Light attached to it .:suicide:

He thinks the Mosin Nagant is the Bees knees
Needless to say I don't go shooting with him anymore .
Oh did I mention He has a Hi point carbine that has been sent back to the factory due to cracks in the receiver and Now he wants to Mod it with a AK under folding stock even though that piece of junk jams every 3 rounds .

I thought I did good getting his son to Buy a Colt 6920 when he got back from Boot camp and then he asked if there is anyway he could "Mount a Bowie knife to the Bayonet Lug just because it would be cool and different " guess the apple does not fall far from the tree

I wish I could say that is the biggest goober story I ever heard. Sadly it's not.

One of my favorites is a gun owner who mounted a projected laser sight to his BLOWGUN. He claimed to be able to consistently shoot soda cans three houses away (as if there was sufficient consistency in the velocity or flight of a blowgun dart for a projected laser to matter). Of course that is better accuracy than he is capable of with any of his firearms.

SteyrAUG
12-25-12, 19:22
Being too used to that douche filled site called AR15.com. Which happens to be run by a bunch of morons and mall ninjas (that beat it while thinking about crossfit and other forms of douchebaggery)

I could go on, but you probably get the point. These dumbasses buy to have and brag, not to shoot...oh and to fill their rollmarks with melted crayons lol

At least you can clean crayon wax out. I have seen an early vintage HK41 where the import marks were filled will HK red & white enamel paint.

Littlelebowski
12-25-12, 21:55
I've killed more rats with the High Standard Sentinel Deluxe than most of you have killed with everything you got all put together.

I'll take that bet.

Pappabear
12-25-12, 22:57

Big T always has a kind word. Straight up, you gotta test some of our loads when you do your next ammo test. We blew up some water bottles the other day just for grins, the 77grains did perform well. But we had no others to compare it to.

Back to those G rails. Man its crazy how nice those G-rails are. They are my current favorite. I sold an upper the other day, and I am going to do another build with one, more of an SPR type build with those Bergara barrels. Im pretty interested in seeing how the Bergara performs, and how it handles with a 15' Grail. That barrel is lighter than my Recon, so it will be a bit more handy.

As always Big T, come on over and lets sling some lead out of our hide. You can crash at my casa. We can start and finish the 500 yard challenge, I never followed up on. Merry Christmas Hoss.

Suwannee Tim
12-26-12, 06:13
I'll take that bet.

My background in rat killing is pretty extensive. I lived for 15 years in a house with two large pecan trees which are rat and squirrel magnets. I killed 10 or 12 rats a year from that, maybe half that in CQB using the High Standard. Uncountable numbers of squirrels. For sport my buddy and I hunted rats at a local feed mill and another venue, a flour mill. We used spring piston air rifles and I carried the High Standard for backup. There were many times I had fired the single shot springer and before I could reload another target presented itself or one just too close to hit with the rifle. The High Standard was deadly out to about 10 feet with rat shot. Oddly, the recoil shield, the part of the frame that contacts the head of the case was pounded in from use and ammunition with bullets versus rat shot would jam the gun. I reckon rat shot works at lower pressure or something. Anyway, I killed at least a hundred rats with the High Standard which was but a small fraction of the untold carnage we worked on rats in general. Our best effort was five five gallon buckets full to overflowing and one more half full of dead rats. The rats that ran off after being wounded would have filled the sixth bucket. 30 gallons of rats in two hours. I reckon I've killed at least 100 rats with the High Standard.

Let's hear your rattin story Littlelebowski.

SMETNA
12-26-12, 07:45
30 gallons of rats

Convert that to cubic centimeters and I'll be impressed

Littlelebowski
12-26-12, 07:50
My background in rat killing is pretty extensive. I lived for 15 years in a house with two large pecan trees which are rat and squirrel magnets. I killed 10 or 12 rats a year from that, maybe half that in CQB using the High Standard. Uncountable numbers of squirrels. For sport my buddy and I hunted rats at a local feed mill and another venue, a flour mill. We used spring piston air rifles and I carried the High Standard for backup. There were many times I had fired the single shot springer and before I could reload another target presented itself or one just too close to hit with the rifle. The High Standard was deadly out to about 10 feet with rat shot. Oddly, the recoil shield, the part of the frame that contacts the head of the case was pounded in from use and ammunition with bullets versus rat shot would jam the gun. I reckon rat shot works at lower pressure or something. Anyway, I killed at least a hundred rats with the High Standard which was but a small fraction of the untold carnage we worked on rats in general. Our best effort was five five gallon buckets full to overflowing and one more half full of dead rats. The rats that ran off after being wounded would have filled the sixth bucket. 30 gallons of rats in two hours. I reckon I've killed at least 100 rats with the High Standard.

Let's hear your rattin story Littlelebowski.

You prolly got me. I've killed a shitload of prairie dogs, jackrabbits, cottontails, porcupines, and skunks over the years but not as many as you, I'm sure.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h251/baxshep/DSC00211.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h251/baxshep/DSC00579.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h251/baxshep/DSC00593.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h251/baxshep/DSC00566.jpg

Grizzly16
12-26-12, 07:55
I killed 10 or 12 rats a year from that, maybe half that in CQB using the High Standard.

I never thought I'd have the occasion to read about rats and cqb in the same sentence.

Merry Christmas to me I suppose.

markm
12-26-12, 08:13
I'm locking this thread, Boys. This isn't M4varmintshooter.net.

:stop:

Littlelebowski
12-26-12, 08:21
I'm locking this thread, Boys. This isn't M4varmintshooter.net.

:stop:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h251/baxshep/BabySeal.jpg

Scoby
12-26-12, 08:29
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h251/baxshep/DSC00566.jpg

That bunny has lost his mind!

Littlelebowski
12-26-12, 08:29
Varmint Cong.

PdxMotoxer
12-26-12, 09:31
Since when it is rather than HELPING others make fun of and call
them childish names or make fun of t.o.s. acting so much BETTER
than them.

If someone wants to list what they own, because they are proud and some taken a lifetime to acquire them then they should have the freedom to do so.

I guess no matter what some are always going to feel then need
to pound their chest and pat themselves on the back while putting others down.

also guess i'm just still in the Christmas spirit and good will toward our fellow man.

Littlelebowski
12-26-12, 09:41
And some are going to feel the need to brag about their shit they own and I've got the right to deride them for doing so, particularly in this age of information archiving, PdxMotoxer. Did you ever think that publicly declaring exactly what guns you own may not be the best of ideas?

Once again, it comes across as bragging.

markm
12-26-12, 09:44
Should I pound my chest while I critique pdxmotozerr's horrendous grammar and punctuation? :D

I read his first sentence 5 times and am still lost.

Littlelebowski
12-26-12, 09:46
Should I pound my chest while I critique pdxmotozerr's horrendous grammar and punctuation? :D

I read his first sentence 5 times and am still lost.

No, just go club a baby seal. Trust me, it's invigorating.

Magic_Salad0892
12-26-12, 10:29
That bunny has lost his mind!

WIN..

Magic_Salad0892
12-26-12, 10:30
No, just go club a baby seal. Trust me, it's invigorating.

I think we should club penguins instead. I think they'd be funner to hunt, and seals are too cute. They're like dogs that swim more.

brickboy240
12-26-12, 10:44
I never understood the need to list what you own in a signature.

But then I also don't understand why you'd put a Glock, SIG or other gun maker decal on your vehicle's rear window.

It is just advertisement: "look at me...I own things that thugs love to steal...come and get them."

I prefer NOT to advertise, thank you. I won't even own a watch more expensive than my 20 year old Tag. Again...why advertise your wealth to people you don't even know?

Sorry....I find that extremely stupid.

-brickboy240

Littlelebowski
12-26-12, 10:45

But then I also don't understand why you'd put a Glock, SIG or other gun maker decal on your vehicle's rear window.

It is just advertisement: "look at me...I own things that thugs love to steal...come and get them."

I prefer NOT to advertise, thank you. I won't even own a watch more expensive than my 20 year old Tag. Again...why advertise your wealth to people you don't even know?

-brickboy240

Agreed.

Magic_Salad0892
12-26-12, 10:47

-brickboy240

I feel like it's inviting people to come **** up your car too, like what happened with some vets a few years ago.

Had a Marine sticker on your car? Hope your windows were shatterproof...

.. Does that shit still happen?

brickboy240
12-26-12, 10:49
If I don't know the person standing next to me in public...I prefer they think I don't have two nickels to rub together.

....never understood the show-off crowd with their expensive clothing, flashy cars and jewelry.

With the worsening economy...you're just making yourself a target whether you realize it or not. Why do this?

-brickboy240

Gramps
12-26-12, 11:55
To me it almost falls in the same category as wearing a sign on your back stating, "I have a CCW, and I'm hiding a ??? from you". IE: I'm stupid enough to think you will like me better, if I tell you EVERYTHING I own. I don't see anyone posting a sign in their front yard stating all the weapons they own to the public, and yet they will post it on the errornet for even more of the public to see. Case closed.

SteyrAUG
12-26-12, 12:17

-brickboy240

Depends on if you are trying to bang hot chicks or not.

I also knew a senior management type who had a very nice IMO blue face Rolex Submariner who felt the need to upgrade to a platinum model w/ diamonds or some crap because he basically became responsible for the entire state and felt he needed a watch that was representative of his new position.

Dave_M
12-26-12, 14:40
Depends on if you are trying to bang hot chicks or not.

I also knew a senior management type who had a very nice IMO blue face Rolex Submariner who felt the need to upgrade to a platinum model w/ diamonds or some crap because he basically became responsible for the entire state and felt he needed a watch that was representative of his new position.

I saw the reverse on some shitty netflix documentary (the purpose/"message" of the docu isn't important); there was some beach-bum looking guy driving a 84' VW van from LA to Portland.

The van was a huge POS and broke down almost daily. Said beach bum was never seen without multiple layers of brand new Patagonia/Von Dutch/other expensive clothing.

My fiance said he's just a, 'California hippie'. Regardless, the guy obviously had money but was slumming it, 'for the adventure' or something.

SteyrAUG
12-26-12, 15:04
I saw the reverse on some shitty netflix documentary (the purpose/"message" of the docu isn't important); there was some beach-bum looking guy driving a 84' VW van from LA to Portland.

The van was a huge POS and broke down almost daily. Said beach bum was never seen without multiple layers of brand new Patagonia/Von Dutch/other expensive clothing.

My fiance said he's just a, 'California hippie'. Regardless, the guy obviously had money but was slumming it, 'for the adventure' or something.

I've seen actual millionaires buy $10 sneakers from the grocery store. Depends how much money you actually have. Some people have so much it no longer impresses them and they have more fun wearing $10 grocery store sneakers and G shock watches.

Suwannee Tim
12-26-12, 19:44
I never thought I'd have the occasion to read about rats and cqb in the same sentence........

Max range on the High Standard shooting rat shot was about 10 feet, 5 feet was better, if that ain't close quarters I don't know what is. I was tempted to ream out the rifling to improve the pattern but I never ran across a suitable reamer.

You prolly got me. I've killed a shitload of prairie dogs, jackrabbits, cottontails, porcupines, and skunks over the years but not as many as you, I'm sure......

I spect you have me beat on tonage but on numbers, I imagine I got you beat. Sad to say, I no longer have pecan trees (though they are a heck of a lot of work) and the flour mill and both the feed mills are closed.

I've seen actual millionaires buy $10 sneakers from the grocery store. Depends how much money you actually have. Some people have so much it no longer impresses them and they have more fun wearing $10 grocery store sneakers and G shock watches.

One of my buddies was a principal in a car dealer chain and the main most man was so cheap he wouldn't buy clothes. If his kids bought him clothes they had to get them from the thrift store or he wouldn't wear them. They had to buy him food or he wouldn't have anything to eat. My old boss and his wife on the other hand wasted money in amazing ways. Like allowing his boat to sink in salt water then not promptly dealing with it causing a quarter million in damage. The wife ordered some super duper Persian (Iranian) carpet that took literally an Act of Congress to import. The carpet guy installed it and the next day she had it taken out. She didn't like it. Carpet guy got a piece of rug worth a couple of years wages.

Grizzly16
12-26-12, 19:52
Max range on the High Standard shooting rat shot was about 10 feet, 5 feet was better, if that ain't close quarters I don't know what is. I was tempted to ream out the rifling to improve the pattern but I never ran across a suitable reamer.

It is the B in cqb that amuses me. Just be sure your plate carrier is rated to resist rate bites you might encounter while battling them.

Suwannee Tim
12-26-12, 19:58
Glad I got to amuse you Mr. Grizzle. That's my job here you know.

.....But then I also don't understand why you'd put a Glock, SIG or other gun maker decal on your vehicle's rear window.

It is just advertisement: "look at me...I own things that thugs love to steal...come and get them.......

I learned that lesson when I was 19 years old.

carbinero
12-26-12, 20:11
Some recent editorial explained why millionaires are self-deprecatingly O.K. with higher taxes...hmmm...around here, the gun bumper stickers are synonymous with pro-2nd A stickers.

Suwannee Tim
12-27-12, 07:27
Some recent editorial explained why millionaires are self-deprecatingly O.K. with higher taxes...hmmm....

Just another way to brag. "I paid a million dollars in taxes! How many nickles and dimes did you pay?" My experience is that rich folks that earned it don't flaunt it and rich folks that had it handed to them do. No universally but generally.

Littlelebowski
12-27-12, 07:35
I would like to bring the Model 41 out and shoot some rats.....

brickboy240
12-27-12, 11:03
Back when I worked in the financial industry, our clients taught me tons about how truly wealthy people spend money and about who has what.

Our clients that came in, driving up in a 7 Series Bimmer, wearing flashy jewelry and clothing? Well...many of them really did not have tons of money to invest with us. They also tended to be less cautious in what they invested in....taking much more risk than other clients.

The wealthiest clients we had....the ones that really had a large amount in cash, stocks, real estate and other investments? Most of them wore jeans and a polo shirt, had sensible watches and jewelry and drove an F-150 or a Suburban. A few splurged and were driving a Cadillac or Lexus. Most of their cars were at least 5 years old or older.

The wealthier ones also had lived in their same house for 10-15 years or more. Some were in the first home they ever bought. Multimillionaires living in neighborhoods where the average home ran maybe 150-200 grand.

They were very cautious about where they invested their money. They asked twice the questions the flashier, less wealthy investors did about where their money was going. Many were super frugal and watched their money like a hawk.

So yeah...I learned tons about the buying habits of truly wealthy people versus the guy next to me at the light in the brand new M3 Bimmer.

There is perception....then there is reality. Most of our wealthiest clients did not appear to have much at all...but could buy us all many times over! LOL

-brickboy240

Suwannee Tim
12-27-12, 17:01
I would like to bring the Model 41 out and shoot some rats.....

I wish I had some to shoot. My rat supply dried up. I have always wanted a Model 41. I was fondling one last week. I'm still buying black guns and ammo. In a way I'll be relieved when the next AWB takes effect. Rats are very fast when you are shooting at them. If they get too fast, a little rat poison will slow them down some then they are easier to hit. A repeater is a big help. The single shot air guns we had to use put us at a bit of a disadvantage. Had to use them, we were shooting in the city.

usmcvet
12-27-12, 17:22
I'm still buying black guns and ammo. In a way I'll be relieved when the next AWB takes effect.

Tim! Bite your tongue. :no:

Suwannee Tim
12-27-12, 17:30
.......Our clients that came in, driving up in a 7 Series Bimmer, wearing flashy jewelry and clothing?.......

I went to the bank a couple of weeks ago, held the door for a high tone woman driving a high tone car, she was trying to stop checks from bouncing. The teller called her by name which I overheard. As I left I noticed her car had a Jacksonville Jagwads tag with a two digit vanity number. When I got home I looked up the number, it seems she was the wife of a professional football player who makes a couple of million dollars a year. And bounces checks.

Today I was running some errands and thinking about getting my wife a better car to drive before it gets hot next year. She is driving a 1999 Oldsmobile and would keep driving it but the climate control will cost too much to fix. I'm thinking about getting rid of the Olds and I thought "I don't want to get rid of this car. I like driving a beater." I'm going to keep the Olds, it will be my beater. Except a few years here and there I have always driven beaters. It's who I am.

Suwannee Tim
12-27-12, 17:46
Tim! Bite your tongue. :no:

Maybe you guys can help me. I keep having these perverted thoughts of going back to bolt action rifles and revolvers. I have the hots for a cute little 6.5 X 55 and the Chiappa Rhino just....just.....ugh! I am disgusting myself!

usmcvet
12-27-12, 17:53
Maybe you guys can help me. I keep having these perverted thoughts of going back to bolt action rifles and revolvers. I have the hots for a cute little 6.5 X 55 and the Chiappa Rhino just....just.....ugh! I am disgusting myself!

Don't feel bad. Inthink my next gun will be an 870 20 guage. I looked at a 336 Marlin today at Walmart but I would rather buy an older used gun. The finish wasn't bad just not the blue and wood I wanted. It was laminate and looked like a mil spec park finish. Just didn't look right to me. I have all the "black guns" I need/want right now. It just pisses me off to think of another ban. I also need another JFrame. It's the first time in about 20 years I've been w/o one. This one will be an air weight centennial. My 340PD HURT to shoot. The cylinder releas actually made me bleed.

carbinero
12-27-12, 18:03
I'm also thinking a 20g, to teach kids bird hunting, and I've also been thinking muzzleloader to extend big game hunt. I could get 3 of each for the price I've been budgeting for an AR-10, and then the whole family can stand and deliver. But I won't tell you in my sig line if and when...

usmcvet
12-27-12, 18:12
Not sure how big your kids are but I bought the 870 JR 20. It has an 18.75" bbl and shorter length of pull than the 870 youth.

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/compact/shotguns/model-870/model-870-express-compact-jr.aspx

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/compact/shotguns/model-870/model-870-express-compact-jr.aspx

Suwannee Tim
12-27-12, 18:14
Shotguns? What have we come to? Shotguns....... 20 gauge shotguns.......

carbinero
12-27-12, 18:14
I know the 870 is ubiquitous, but they have eyes on double barrels :cool: Maybe I will post those in my sigline after all :p

Shotguns? What have we come to? Shotguns....... 20 gauge shotguns.......

Oh, it's so much fun to swing into a flock of oncoming doves. And the kids get used to shooting live, moving targets...A LOT.