PDA

View Full Version : New England panic

onado2000
12-22-12, 15:36
went to local gunshop and had to stand in line to just get in the door. once in, shelves were bare, looked like a grocery store during the apocalypse. Some preban lower with a sbr upper, asking 3400. :confused:

SteveS
12-22-12, 17:03
All the sheep so to say.

Maineshooter
03-13-13, 21:31
I think things are easing up (though prices are going up). The last couple of weeks an AR can be had fairly easily at a number of stores, including Maine Military Supply in Holden. You will pay for them, though.

Ammo and components are another matter altogether. Pistol powder, rifle powder for ARs, as we 9mm, 45 acp and .223 components are hard to find. I was in dire need of W231 and large pistol primers. I finally found some but I had to drive to Ellsworth to get them. Fourty bucks for a pound of w231 and 44 for a thousand primers. Way more than I am used to spending, even locally. Maine Military by far usually has the best prices on primers and powder, but their selection is pretty lean at the moment.

Ranger86
03-14-13, 04:57
Went to the kittery trading post yesterday, and still no .22, .45, 5.56 or .40. Same story at the local walmarts. Thinking about driving up to the portland cabelas this afternoon to look for ammo.

From my mobile phone

onado2000
03-14-13, 07:53
the only ammo I find is Tula 762x 39 at $379/500rnds, 9mm for $400/case. even buckshot is costing $1 per round. Even .22 is scarce, but why the increase in ammo ? how are people training live fire with ammo so high ?

OIPactual
03-14-13, 08:29
I waited at my local wal mart for a couple hours, there were probably 15 guys waiting as well, I ended up with 2 value packs of Winchester 9mm, and a small pack of .22 for just over $60 after MI sales tax.

The associate behind the counter said they get their shipments in every other Wednesday...not sure if this helps.

We need to start looking out for each other better. Last week there was literally a fist fight in the isle over a box of .22lr...if we don't straighten out we will be the end of ourselves.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

mattg1024
03-14-13, 10:03
Don't bother with Cabelas. Last 10 times I've gone they have had nothing. Unless you can get there when they open I guess. I ordered some small pistol/rifle primers from them online and they shipped.

WillBrink
03-14-13, 11:00
went to local gunshop and had to stand in line to just get in the door. once in, shelves were bare, looked like a grocery store during the apocalypse. Some preban lower with a sbr upper, asking 3400. :confused:

I'm avoiding the stores right now. I was in Dick's looking at some clothes and looked at the ammo selection. Never seen it that empty. Not even during past ammo and or gun "panics" prior have I ever seen the shelves that empty of any and all ammo.

Not good mojo.

DarkJ
03-23-13, 09:50
go to oxford, seymour, and some in naugatuck have a bunch in stock. buddy just picked up a delton complete ar, 2 pmags, 300 rounds of 55gr 5.56, and a case for $1200