PDA

View Full Version : A big thank you to the mods

Littlelebowski
12-22-12, 17:20
Thanks for trying to stem the tide of stupidity. Especially JSantoro and IraqGunz.

Voodoo_Man
12-22-12, 17:40
Thanks for trying to stem the tide of stupidity. Especially JSantoro and IraqGunz.

You are still here so....

ALCOAR
12-22-12, 17:47
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxgb8uZmsL1qelvj7o1_500.gif

Gunz, and JSantoro...the new Warren G & Nate Dog :D

feedramp
12-22-12, 18:19
No way, Nate Dogg calls it a "clip" in that song. Our guys would never make that mistake. :D

HES
12-22-12, 19:43
What excitement did I miss this time?

Littlelebowski
12-22-12, 20:52
What excitement did I miss this time?

Look at the locked threads

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

montanadave
12-22-12, 21:58
Look at the locked threads

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Or spare yourself and don't. :no:

I suppose we ought to cut folks some slack. Given all the chatter and speculation over the past week, I think a lot of guys just need to blow off some steam.

Regardless, the mods here are (as usual) doing a good job of shutting down the repetitive threads and nipping the bickering and wild conspiracy mongering in the bud.

warpigM-4
12-23-12, 12:20
Good Job and much respect to the Mods .

SeriousStudent
12-23-12, 12:56
Indeed, much respect. It takes a lot of paddling to get through a tsunami of stupid.

In the words of Sgt Santoro, remember to use the Report Post button.

JSantoro
12-23-12, 23:29
Gunz, and JSantoro...the new Warren G & Nate Dog :D

Just the two with the least amount of....decorum. The rest of the staff are doing the same works, with probably more class. Despite the best efforts of my mother and Sister Mary Hulk Hogan, I talk to strangers on the elevator the same way I type....

Report Post works. Saw one recently where the member reporting hinted that he may be doing it too much.... :confused:

Virtually impossible. It's underutilized. A lot of the silliness that gets shut down, though, is done so due to the efforts of your fellow members.

We still have the usual post-Xmas/SHOT Show tsunami to look forward to....gonna be an interesting winter.

markm
12-24-12, 08:29
I'm LOCKING this thread.

Next time use the fukkin SEARCH button. It's orange and beautiful.

:dirol:

usmcvet
12-24-12, 09:36
I'm LOCKING this thread.

Next time use the fukkin SEARCH button. It's orange and beautiful.

:dirol:

God save us all. Mark is on the loose LWRC lovers run for the hulls!

montanadave
01-15-13, 21:26
Good god, was it only a month ago LL posted up this thread?

Well, anyone, once more with feeling. Thanks for working overtime to keep a lid on things.

And a big "thank you" in advance for what is sure to be an increasingly chaotic environment starting in about 12 hours.

markm
01-16-13, 07:02
The problem is they thread locking zealots have people PMing me questions that should be asked in the forums. I don't mind, but it hurts the site traffic, advertising, etc.

Newer guys are asking questions behind the lines because the SEARCH button Nazis are out of control. There's certainly a segment of retards that need to be controlled...

But when guys are affraid to ask legit questions, it's getting absurd. Just my 2 centavos, Jethro.

Magic_Salad0892
01-16-13, 07:08
With the NY ban, and the EO recommendations being the news around here, this shit is spiraling out of control.

usmcvet
01-16-13, 09:40
markm! I agree, people should feel they can ask and write freely, the tin foil has been getting a little crazy though.

On a side note you'll be happy to know my LGS has a whole bunch of LWRC's and Ruger AR's, I asked him to save two LWRCs for a guy who'd be calling with the screen name markm! :jester: Oh and the good news is they're only selling for $2900 on Gun Broker.

markm
01-16-13, 09:52
:jester: In this terrible period... even the junk peddlers like LWRCi are going to sell product.

That's another downside to this mess. Any crap company can make some sub par garbage, and it'll sell. :sad:

Littlelebowski
01-16-13, 10:10
The problem is they thread locking zealots have people PMing me questions that should be asked in the forums. I don't mind, but it hurts the site traffic, advertising, etc.

Newer guys are asking questions behind the lines because the SEARCH button Nazis are out of control. There's certainly a segment of retards that need to be controlled...

But when guys are affraid to ask legit questions, it's getting absurd. Just my 2 centavos, Jethro.

If you were only friends with one of the mods.......

markm
01-16-13, 10:17
If you were only friends with one of the mods.......

He's the worst offender! :D

usmcvet
01-16-13, 10:20
:jester: In this terrible period... even the junk peddlers like LWRCi are going to sell product.

That's another downside to this mess. Any crap company can make some sub par garbage, and it'll sell. :sad:

The price is what chokes me! He had a stripped LWRC lower on his desk with a tag it was going to be shipped out, ****ing thing sold for $806 plus $20 for shipping. That seriously had me thinking about the two stripped lowers in my safe. I bought them for fifty bucks each from Grant! I'm keeping them, one is already designated for an A2 build my son and I are going to do. The FN upper was just finished off last week. I have all the parts, just need to make time now to get it done.