PDA

View Full Version : Ejection Port Cover Assembly

moosepn
02-24-08, 01:31
Can anyone help me get this thing installed? I've looked at the TM, the AGI video and a few other places but I can't seem to create proper tension. They both say that the short end of the spring goes on the inside left of the cover, and to turn the long leg 180 degrees but I think I might be doing it with the cover in the wrong position.

Is the cover supposed to be closed or open and does the long leg of the spring go on the outside?

Thanks

Iraqgunz
02-24-08, 02:32
Looking at the weapons' right side,- ejection port facing up.

The little leg goes in between the upper receiver wall and the ejection port and should face upwards. The long leg will be flush against the ejection port cover, facing downwards and will be to the right of the detent.

Robb Jensen
02-24-08, 08:47
If the upper receiver is barreled I slide the ejection port rod in from the back end of the receiver (I do it from the front end if the receiver isn't barreled). Feed the rod through half of the ejection port cover. Install the spring short leg toward the rear against the receiver (long leg against the ejection port door). Keep the spring and cover down against the receiver and wind the big leg 1 full revolution clockwise (360 degrees) while keeping the short leg still against the receiver, then feed the rest of the ejection port rod through the cover and other end of the receiver (it's a little tricky), install the C clip and you're done. You turn the short leg of the spring if the rod is being installed from the front end first.

moosepn
02-24-08, 14:15
This has to be the hardest thing to install on an AR for the first time. It's all good now, thanks for your help.