PDA

View Full Version : Recent Movie mirrors CT scenario

tb-av
12-23-12, 22:29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Need_to_Talk_About_Kevin_%28film%29

Problem child kills parents then goes to school and kills classmates. Bow and Arrow

Movie is May 2011 release.

SteyrAUG
12-23-12, 22:39
While I'm sure the Columbine Shooters saw the Basketball Diaries and we know the North Hollywood Bank Robbers used Heat as a training film I seriously doubt there is any actual connection between that movie and this dipshit.

His motivations are pretty clear, his Mom was gonna have him committed and the principal and school psychiatrists were close friends of his mother who may have weighed in on the "have him committed" decision and he believed his Mom loved the kids at Sandy Hook more than she loved him.

I think guns, movies and video games are all going to be mostly peripheral to this particular situation as far as genuine motives go.

tb-av
12-23-12, 22:43
Right.... but ever little bit of support we can get that this is not simply a gun issue may be helpful down the road.

Yes, the police seemed very confident they knew why it happened. However the mindset of killing and even killing school kids is prevalent in the movie industry and it really has nothing to do with guns.

SteyrAUG
12-23-12, 22:48
Right.... but ever little bit of support we can get that this is not simply a gun issue may be helpful down the road.

Yes, the police seemed very confident they knew why it happened. However the mindset of killing and even killing school kids is prevalent in the movie industry and it really has nothing to do with guns.

Let's be careful not to harm our credibility in the process. Reactionary, emotionally driven assumptions based upon less than fact are what we are up against and we can never hope to be as good at it as those we are fighting.

Kfgk14
12-24-12, 00:22
Blaming movies, violent video games, etc. is still diverting blame away from the real problem and that is that is the actions of the criminal. It is not the fault of any inanimate object, movie producer or video game designer. It is the fault of the criminal.

SteyrAUG
12-24-12, 00:58
Blaming movies, violent video games, etc. is still diverting blame away from the real problem and that is that is the actions of the criminal. It is not the fault of any inanimate object, movie producer or video game designer. It is the fault of the criminal.

I agree.

I can see where things like violent rap might motivate somebody to kill a cop. But if that's all it takes that person was gonna kill a cop anyway sooner or later. Eventually he would have been motivated by a TV show, a dog or a bologna sandwich.