PDA

View Full Version : Which fixed front sight?

Bluedreaux
12-24-12, 01:42
To go on or in front of an 11" Troy cheese grater rail.

Which would you prefer and consider more reliable? A DD fixed sight on the rail or something like the Armalite clamp on front sight in front of it?

The rifle is a general purpose do-it-all that will come to work with me on patrol. I'd rather have fixed than folding.

kmrtnsn
12-24-12, 01:45
I'm partial to the HK.

Aaron_B
12-24-12, 02:23
DD, troy, and LMT are all good choices for fixed sights. Not much else I would put my money else into.

The_Hammer_Man
12-24-12, 04:29
A Lot of the guys I know that run fixed front sights use this setup w/an Aimpoint H-1 and a light.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XTComboFixed

djmorris
12-24-12, 07:43
Daniel Defense, Troy, and LMT for fixed. KAC makes some extremely nice flipups.

TElmer2
12-24-12, 10:07
This noob put a DD on his. It is a really nice, well designed front sight.

Not to mention, I also ordered a fixed rear DD sight. It didn't come with the screw to mount it on my receiver. A quick call to DD and not only was the guy incredibly knowledgeable, polite, but he sent me several screws as back up priority mail! What was also cool is DD has a facility in SC now so he and I chatted a bit about the new facility and how I quick I would get my gear because how close I am etc.

Like most more knowledgeable members on here will tell you. Buy quality the first time because companies like DD, Troy, Knights, etc will stand by their products with phenominal customer service. Something that simple made me a huge believer in a quality company like DD.

Just something to think about also.

Bluedreaux
12-24-12, 10:24
Everyone is recommending a rail mounted sight. I couldn't find any direct comparisons between a rail mounted and clamp on front sight.

Comparing them directly, everyone seems to be thinking that the rail mounted sight would be just as or more reliable than the clamp on. Is that right?

Toyoland66
12-24-12, 11:43
The rail mounted sight will be lighter.

I would recommend the DD front sight; I would say its the sleekest, the mounting is the most low profile, and it's designed to work with a weapon light in front of it.