PDA

View Full Version : Handgun mags in the current environment...

Slater
12-24-12, 14:05
With all the uproar over high-cap AR and AK mags I really haven't paid much attention to the question of high-cap handgun mags, and haven't seen it as hotly debated.

Is this as strong a point of contention as the rifle mag issue?

djmorris
12-24-12, 14:07
With all the uproar over high-cap AR and AK mags I really haven't paid much attention to the question of high-cap handgun mags, and haven't seen it as hotly debated.

Is this as strong a point of contention as the rifle mag issue?

Not really. Yes hi-cap handgun mags will be banned too but a handgun with 10 rounds is really not that bad. A lot of handguns already have less than 10 rounds. Just stock up on the 10rd mags, IMO ;) An AR-15 limited to 10 round mags, bullet button, etc is bastardized and pretty much useless, though.

everyusernametaken
12-24-12, 15:12
A lot of the handgun mags over 10 round capacity have been snatched up already. There was certainly a run on them. But yes, 45 pistols and the like, which generally have 10-round or lower capacity magazines in their normal, unlimited form, aren't likely to be affected by any potential restrictions, and they seem to be readily available still.

I intended to pick up some more 15-round mags for my USP9 right when this panic buy BS started, and in a matter of one day from when it started, I couldn't find one anywhere.

LHS
12-24-12, 16:05
The '94 ban was basically the reason for the resurrection of the 1911, as Glock mags were going for upwards of $100. If a new ban goes through, expect to see a lot more pocket 9mm guns and a lot more full-size .45 guns. If you can only have 10 bullets, make them big.

That said, standard-capacity magazines for most common pistols are sold out in a lot of places. I looked online for Beretta and Sig mags, and few were to be found in the normal retailers. I don't own a Glock, so I can't comment on their availability right now.

Straight Shooter
12-24-12, 21:15
Glock mags are going for $125 or more on GB, with about $100 being average. G17 mags are all but gone mostly. My sources have dried up. Luckily I orderedsome for $23 dollars early last week.
So, yes, they too, are scarce and very high now.

filthy phil
12-24-12, 23:45
Glock mags are going for $125 or more on GB, with about $100 being average. G17 mags are all but gone mostly. My sources have dried up. Luckily I orderedsome for $23 dollars early last week.

hell i need to unload a couple g17 mags then. should really make out on the 33rd:D

SteyrAUG
12-25-12, 00:27

I'm just not seeing them SELL for prices stupid enough to consider going into my personal stash of Glock mags. Plenty of them moving on GB in the $25-35 range. I'd rather hang on to them then let them move at that price.

Brahmzy
12-25-12, 13:52
Handgun mags are being matched up almost as fast as the AR mags.
I grabbed to HK 15 rounders moments before the same site had them disappear. Shoulda grabbed em all as they still had "sale" prices, lol.

brushy bill
12-25-12, 16:07
Not really. Yes hi-cap handgun mags will be banned too but a handgun with 10 rounds is really not that bad. A lot of handguns already have less than 10 rounds. Just stock up on the 10rd mags, IMO ;) An AR-15 limited to 10 round mags, bullet button, etc is bastardized and pretty much useless, though.

Agreed. Utterly useless in my opinion as well.

Moose-Knuckle
12-25-12, 16:11
Handgun mags are being matched up almost as fast as the AR mags.

You cannot find any GLOCK mags in stock on any site same for AR mags, even the POS mags like Orlite, Pro-Mag, Tapco, CAA, C-Products, etc. are all bought out.

seb5
12-25-12, 16:28
Yesterday I saw many Glock 19/17 mags at 29.99 around town. Maybe I should have bought some. 2 years ago I made sure I had 10 mags for each Glock I owned. I figured I had a lifetime supply then and still feel pretty good about it. I figured about 25 mags per rifle but wish I had went to 40 or 50 when I had the opportunity but was buying cases of ammo instead.

Moose-Knuckle
12-25-12, 17:00
Yesterday I saw many Glock 19/17 mags at 29.99 around town.

Thats not too far off from "normal" prices. I live in a very firearm rich area (TX) and no retailers have any GLOCK "high capacity" mags in stock either (Cabelas, Bass Pro, Cheaper Than Dirt, Military Gun Supply, Academy, etc.).

I'd go back and pick those up, if you don't need them you can always flip them for a profit later.

brickboy240
12-26-12, 10:57
If we get a 10rd handgun mag limit...can you all see guns like the Glock 30/36 and M&P 45 mid-size and maybe the HK45 taking off in popularity?

I could.

I could also see more flavors of 191s coming out as well as more smaller 9mms like the LC-9.

-brickboy240

feedramp
12-26-12, 23:23
Are they missing because their ETA for Backorders is unknown or what? But why would they remove everything over 10rnd capacity and not those as well? Presuming a legislative maneuver passing in the meantime, perhaps? =\

ETA: you can still find the pages for them if you have them bookmarked or see them pop up in a Recently Viewed box at the bottom of another item page, but they have been removed from search and no longer have the ordering button or price on them. Example: http://www.botachtactical.com/gl199mm15ma.html

brushy bill
12-27-12, 00:12
They are probably backordered. These guys have no out of stock function and it has irritated me so much in the past I've stopped using them. Others here have posted negative perspectives as well. I'd interpret this as don't have in stock and since they can't figure out an out of stock ticker just taking it down. Nothing more.

xrayoneone
12-27-12, 00:32
They' re getting beat up like everyone else. They' re just trying to catch up with orders. I go to their offices every once and awhile and it is a mad house.

Submariner
12-27-12, 12:31
They still have 10-round G26 mags and separately-purchased Glock +2 extensions.

Jim D
12-27-12, 13:08
We got hit hard at my work, but we are ordering thousands in for resupply. I think you're going to see a lot of people with stock in a few weeks, but nothing until then.

PA PATRIOT
12-27-12, 14:27
Don't forget when hitting gun stores to ask about "USED" magazines as I walked into a shop that does Police trade In's just before Christmas and they had a few used Glock magazines in 9mm, .40 and .45acp for $9.99 a pop.

I made a deal for the lot and condition wise all looked slightly used at worst and should be 100% functional.