PDA

View Full Version : Rock River National Match 2 Stage Binding on 2nd stage.

sirged
12-24-12, 22:49
I just pulled my NM trigger from my RR lower and placed it into my sig. Now the 2nd stage binds at the end. For example I squeeze past the 1st stage then I reach the end of the trigger and have to give it a little extra umph at the end to get the hammer to release. I've pulled it apart a few times and checked you tube to make sure I installed it correctly. Has anyone seen this before?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

mkmckinley
12-24-12, 23:11
Assuming they're installed properly the easy answer is to put the parts back in the configurations where they worked before. When you mix and match parts from various non-tdp sources you're likely to run into problems like the one you're describing. Start over with standard USGI style parts from reputable manufacturers and try to deduce what's out of spec. RRA 2-stage and SIG aren't it. Also Youtube isn't necessarily a great resource for learning something serious like uiling an AR. At the minimum you should get the DOD armorers manual.

Sgt_Gold
12-25-12, 19:45
If the trigger works in the RR lower but binds slightly in the Sig lower it sounds like the pin holes are just a hair off. It sounds like the specs on the Sig lower are ever so slightly different from the RR, and that's causing the wear surfaces of the trigger to bind. As mkmckinley said, it's called tollerance stacking and it happens when different parts from different manufacturers aren't 100% in spec.

sirged
12-26-12, 16:25
Okay I guess I will order a different 2 stage for this rifle. If my rra didn't work no point ordering another. Thanks everyone. Any suggestions for a good 2 stage. Was thinking geissele a timney or a jpe.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

The_Hammer_Man
12-26-12, 17:24
Get the Guisselle.

Unless you're in love with Timney products.

I installed an SSA-E in one my carbines and I'm sold. :)