PDA

View Full Version : What are you buying this year?

Seth Harness
02-24-08, 15:50
Does anyone (besides me) have plans for a new rifle purchase before a potential ban in our near future? Childish?.. Maybe. but im still curious.

Im going LWRC M6A2 coyote brown anodized upper and lower, in 6.8 mm and about fifty 30 round mags. Gotta wait a few months for the CHF polygonal barrels though.

How bout you.

tinman44
02-24-08, 16:06
mebe some mags

avmech
02-24-08, 16:12
Anvil Arms lower, possibly upper, going to make it in 6.8 also

TexasAggies
02-24-08, 16:19
Busy year for me

AIAW
S&B 4-16x50
Noveske

TUNNEL RAT 33
02-24-08, 16:53
leaning towards the masada and a M1a . and of course a few more mags

UpNorthWolf
02-24-08, 17:09
Thus far two carbines, a used Bushy I just put a RR UTE upper on and a new ADS Mod I, bought 3000 rounds (and counting), and ten mags (but will probably triple that). Oh, and accessories of course.

Rick (new here and new to ARs)

JeepDriver
02-24-08, 17:13
Mags and ammo mainly, and a few more optics

I have very few guns on my to buy list.

I'll just be accessorizing and SBR'ing the ones I already have

Bama1983
02-24-08, 17:13
I am trying to decide between an ACOG or another 1911.

Don Robison
02-24-08, 17:14
Piston upper and trying to get at least 3 training classes in this year.

brminpin
02-24-08, 17:50
Going to buy an Ops Inc. suppressor for my AR10T upper before the end of the month :). Then mostly ammo for the rest of the year.

kennytx
02-24-08, 17:50
A shotgun for dove hunting in the fall.

HCPrepper
02-24-08, 18:21
In the process of building my NFA M-4, so far I got the 10.5 barrel, and gonna get a Laurer Custom Lower.

Abraxas
02-24-08, 18:54
I am trying to decide between an ACOG or another 1911.

I would suggest the 1911. I have used the ACOG extensively and was disappointed. At least with the 1911 you have another firearm at your disposal.Just my opinion though

DocMinster
02-24-08, 19:19
I am picking up 1 more 6920...the only problem is I have to find it

kittyhawk
02-24-08, 19:57
After I get my Saber Mid built and DMS and rail on, it will be AMMO lots of ammo and Mags and some parts like some BCM Bolts and trigger groups amd springs.

Dave

NFAman
02-24-08, 20:41
M1A & XD in .45

wicked_police
02-24-08, 20:45
More Glocks in 9mm, holsters for them, knives, surefire lights, some optics(Nightforce and Leupold I think), a Remington 700 barrel and action for my AICS 1.0 stock that I got from a contractor in Iraq(custom painted in Arid CADPAT :D).

Not sure about more rifles after i build the AICS, although I saw some info on the 300RUM recently. Would make a great moose and elk gun.

I'm probably getting rid of a few things as well... My Colt 6920, and the TA31RCO that's sitting on it right now.
I almost never use it, so I figure it can go to a good home and give me more $$ for new stuff.

LOKNLOD
02-24-08, 20:51
An AK. I really want one of the Arsenal SLR-107FRs. Currently in savings mode...

RogerinTPA
02-24-08, 22:01
I think I'm done with the long guns for a while, but was eye balling an AK-47, 74 or SKS. If I can find a quality one, then I'll get it. For the most part, it's holsters, Mags for the handguns (trying to get 7 to10 per weapon), spare BCG and springs and things for the 2 AR's, then more ammo.

white spaniard
02-24-08, 22:11
This year will be buying a quality AR either a Colt, or Noveske. Last year got some advice on another forum for the AR I currently own(Stag). Ammo and more mags too.

Bat Guano
02-24-08, 22:13
Load 5.56.

Do a little upgrading on the Bushamster which has been good thus far anyway. Bolt carrier group, probably.

Put a scout scope on the Garand. Most likely a Burris 2 3/4X.

SEI and Trijicon have M14/M1A mounts now that put a compact ACOG closer to line of sight, so might go for a TA33 3 x 30 on the M1A. Have been very satisfied with the 1.5 x 24 on the carry handle of the M4gery.

Load 5.56.

wicked_police
02-24-08, 22:15
Some of you guys are making me jealous with your talk of suppressors and AK's!!

Damn Canadian laws.....

The only suppressor fun I get is with our MP-5SD's and some of our sniper rifles at work.

Army Chief
02-25-08, 02:51
Am greatly constrained by the fact that I'm still overseas, but I think another Colt 6920 and a reserve war chest of 30 round mags are in my pre-election future.

For the moment, all I can really do is snap as many P7s as possible out from under the Germans -- though at present exchange rates, that's hardly an inexpensive venture. It's just hard to find good P7s (what we call the PSP variant) on the American market that aren't marked-up ex-Polizei guns. Not so here, obviously.

Chief

Seth Harness
02-25-08, 05:04
Im going LWRC M6A2 coyote brown anodized upper and lower, in 6.8 mm and about fifty 30 round mags. Gotta wait a few months for the CHF polygonal barrels though.

I almost forgot, along with the rifle Im buying a horus vision talon to sit atop that bad boy. Cant wait, its going to be a good year. I'll need alittle help choosing a sling though. I have a tactical link single point on my RRA, its ok but I want a different single point for this rifle.

QuickStrike
02-26-08, 19:51
Probably just ammo and mags.

And at least one aimpoint. If the newer designs and piston offerings get good reviews, I'll get another one of them too.

Seth Harness
02-26-08, 20:12

And at least one aimpoint. If the newer designs and piston offerings get good reviews, I'll get another one of them too.

"Piston offerings" You talking about Piston rifles, uppers etc.?

dhrith
02-26-08, 20:19
I want to get a 50 cal under my belt before I have to worry about the jacknuts getting in a position to make it difficult for me, and have to try to get one on short notice. I figure it's one of those with the smallest user bases so one of the more lucrative targets for there efforts. Just a simple bolt gun $2-3k. No particular use in mind, just to have one. Common types for the year I think are gonna be another ar upper, some flavor browning high power, and a side by side 28 or 410., and a over/under opposite gauge. Keeping it light this year went ape shit last year and almost got into trouble money wise.

Scattergun
02-26-08, 21:07
At the moment I have a .50 BEOWULF on order, and I will more than likely pick up a 870P to do another SBS project.

Iraqgunz
02-27-08, 03:21
Just bought a Remington Recon Tactical 870 will pick it up in a couple of weeks when I get home. Just acquired a Leupold MR/T 2.5-8 scope for a steal. I will also be buying another Glock, lots more ammo and mags. Possibly another upper as well.

R1pper
02-27-08, 03:53
Hopefully I can get everything on this list.

M&P .45 Full size and Mid size
Mossberg 930 SPX
A Second AR possible a 20" SPR
More Pmags with Ranger Plates
At least Two Classes
As Much Ammo as I can get my greedy hands on
And assorted Gear

-DM-

jayjaytuner
02-27-08, 12:48
gonna be ordering a custom M40 in 308 just gotta figure out what barrel length i want tho still, 24 or 26"
then of course a nice scope, im thinking about a us optics sn-3

Detective_D
02-27-08, 13:01
Will be spending this year buying the parts and building my first M4.

My wife asked me what I want for my birthday in April...boy did I load up a good list of parts, ammo, and pmags for her....lol.

Seth Harness
02-27-08, 17:26
Will be spending this year buying the parts and building my first M4.

My wife asked me what I want for my birthday in April...boy did I load up a good list of parts, ammo, and pmags for her....lol.

With ya there, my wife dosnt even ask me anymore. :D

m700m
02-27-08, 18:11
new in the wrap, Colt m16A2 upper from Fidelis arms, $889.00. odd thing though,i no fidelis sells the real McCoy, but looking at a close up of the upper i want, there is no C or forge mark on this upper where one would expect to see one.

IROCZ
02-27-08, 20:43
Ammo and components, Oh and lots of ammo. I used to collect guns, now I collect ammo.

JoshNC
02-27-08, 22:00
My purchase plans:
- Magpul/Bushmaster ACR x2
- Sig 556 x1
- FN SCAR-L x2
- FN SCAR-H x1
- A pile more M16 mags
- A pile more Glock 17 and 19 mags
- 20 more Sig 55x mags
- A few more sound suppressors

general_purpose
02-27-08, 22:18
Does anyone (besides me) have plans for a new rifle purchase before a potential ban in our near future? Childish?..

Not childish at all...Look at how the news outlets are harping on the shootings...VT, Illinois Univ, that community college in virginia, where someone "thought"that they saw a gun. And now in LA...

The gun legislation spigot will be wide open if Hillary or "Hussein" Obama gets into office. All kinds of laws, magazine capacity, pistol grip, Bayonet lug...etc... Just name it! :mad:

and prices will shoot sky high for everything from BUIS's (as if they aren't expensive enough already) to rails. If Democrats get into office, they will be the best thing to happen to the gun industry, especially the EBR's.

Norva
02-27-08, 22:19
Put a H&K UPS 9mm tactical on layaway at the armory in Vabeach, then a AAC can next

Talyn
02-27-08, 22:43
A .22lr suppressor.
A dedicated .22lr AR upper.
Upgrade several existing toys.
Pick up one last AR lower to complete a build.
More ammo when I find good deals.
Build up a heavy barrel 30/06 long range rifle.
Pick up a MSAR 10mm MCR with 9mm & .45 acp conversion components.
Some more mags.
Upgrade my G20 to a long-slide once LW has them ready.
A 2-7X Burris handgun scope for a M1A.

Spurholder
02-28-08, 13:49
Just ordered an LWRC M6A1 a few seconds ago!

Should be here in 14-16 weeks...maybe earlier :eek:

Norva
02-28-08, 18:08
I need to get a lower before the elections so i can build a 6.8!

Seth Harness
02-28-08, 20:01
My purchase plans:
- Magpul/Bushmaster ACR x2
- Sig 556 x1
- FN SCAR-L x2
- FN SCAR-H x1
- A pile more M16 mags
- A pile more Glock 17 and 19 mags
- 20 more Sig 55x mags
- A few more sound suppressors

One question... Did you win the lottery? :D

Seth Harness
02-28-08, 20:09
Just ordered an LWRC M6A1 a few seconds ago!

Should be here in 14-16 weeks...maybe earlier :eek:

Roger that. Im waiting about two ot three months... Four reasons

Soon all lwrc rifles come with CHF polygonal barrels.

Coyote brown anadize to be available.

One piece carriers, no more screwed keys.

tax return.

MAN!!! I cant wait.

STS
02-28-08, 20:13
Gas, food, lodging, ammo, burning up leave - all for training. Every gun I buy is another 2 day class I could have taken.

RojasTKD
02-28-08, 21:56
Depends, Lost my job and trying to start my own business. So I may not have much money to spend on the collection.

I will try to aleast buy inexpensive handguns (P3ATand something else) and more ammo. If possible another AR to keep my 6920 company. If things go well, a little even more.

ddemis
03-01-08, 23:01
One more AK and a mid length upper converted to piston by PWS for back up on my RRA and more ammo!

ChristopherM4
03-02-08, 00:51
For the moment, all I can really do is snap as many P7s as possible out from under the Germans -- though at present exchange rates, that's hardly an inexpensive venture. It's just hard to find good P7s (what we call the PSP variant) on the American market that aren't marked-up ex-Polizei guns. Not so here, obviously.

Chief

Ah a P7 lover huh? I just bought one a week ago and love it! I shot a friends and had to buy one. I had ordered a grade A but what I got was more in line to a nice grade B. Worked out a deal for the grade B price and am going to order another grade A this coming week. I was really looking foward to a black on black but I got a plum, well soon enough I'll have one of each.

They are such cool guns and I love how close to the bore your hand sits, I've not shot anything else this nice feeling yet.

Later

Topher

kihnspiracy
03-03-08, 03:56
A Noveske N4, maybe another Colt 6920:D

rob_s
03-03-08, 06:17
Roger that. Im waiting about two ot three months... Four reasons

Coyote brown anadize to be available.

One piece carriers, no more screwed keys.

Those all sounds like very nice improvements. Too bad about the wait times.

QuickStrike
03-03-08, 06:34
"Piston offerings" You talking about Piston rifles, uppers etc.?

Yep. Waiting for other piston designs to surface and prove themselves. LMT is probably coming out this year, dunno how many years it'll take for Colt and HK's uppers...

Damnit, so much for that resolution. I came home with a glock 19 today. Picking up my arsenal 107FR tomorrow!

If I weren't so handsome I'd kick my own ass! :D :rolleyes:

tinman44
03-03-08, 11:32
drools

edit=sorry there is no smiley for drooling

Spade
03-03-08, 11:43
Well I am hoping this will be my year. Been doing a lot of looking & reading & hope to buy my first AR this year. Wanted use my tax return but I thing that might have to help with paying some back bills & possible move.

texasyid
03-03-08, 12:22
AN HK 416 if that will be possible this year.

Gutshot John
03-03-08, 12:35
M41A Pulse Rifle with underslung grenade launcher. :)

http://www.hammermods.com/images/PulseRifle.jpg

Seriously though, .223 AK.

Seth Harness
03-03-08, 12:40
Those all sounds like very nice improvements. Too bad about the wait times.

Hopefully that will change a little now that a large amount of production is going to MATECH.

Spurholder
03-03-08, 12:42

According to Joe at LWRC, mine will have one. Didn't ask about the one-piece bolt carrier.

rayray
03-03-08, 12:51
I will hopefully purchase a Bushmaster ACR or a Springfield SOCOM 16.

fullautom16
03-05-08, 00:36
M4 SOCOM stock,springfield 5 inch XD 45,Lower for my 11.5 upper,20 more PMAGS,surefire wepon light and tons of ammo for starters..........not sure about next month....lol

Striker5
03-05-08, 11:33
I will buy a BCM upper when they are available. I have every other component (BCM/LMT). I laid all that crap on the floor, and the spot where the upper should be was mocking me. To ease the pain, I am going to get an A4 from Defensive Edge. I already got my "pre-ban" SAR-1. I have also ordered more Glock 17 mags. I am currently at 20+ AR mags, so I think I am okay in that department.

SperlingPE
03-05-08, 11:53
These are tentative plans
Several of these may be more long term than this year

Springfield Armory MC Operator (looking for used)(check)
Smith & Wesson M&P 45 (check)
H&K HK45 (check)
custom 1911A1 on Caspian frame/slide (in the works)
Kimber Desert Warrior (check)
FN SCAR (more towards the end of the year)
Barrett M82A1 (probably next year)
maybe some new furniture for M1A (check)
Colt 6921 - SBR goodness
Ops Inc can (check)
.223 can for SBR

uranus
03-06-08, 01:39
A S&W J-frame is on my list. It will be my only revolver.

I had been busy the past two years with three AR builds and finishing some other projects. In addition to the carbines, I have three complete lower receivers in the safe and ample magazines and ammunition. Last year, I purchased a Colt SP1 carbine in original condition with the box and the accessories. It shoots very well, but in honesty, I bought it primarily for the nostalgia.

Otherwise, and I can't believe that I am saying this, but "I'm all set."

Now, a little off topic.

I owe you folks some (many) photos, and although I set up a home-made light box in the basement and bought a new Canon 870IS something, neither my wife nor I can figure out how to take a halfway decent photo. However, Bob Miller (remember Bob from LMT and RRA?) has become a full-fledged gunsmith (he's applying to the Guild), and he built two Caspians for me.

I would like to post some photos of my carbines (and my 1911 pistols) but presently I can only provide is a photo of one my Miller Custom Caspians that I borrowed from Bob's website.

http://millercustom.com/S1030596.JPG

It is barrelled in .45ACP, has a hard-fit Kart barrel, Wilson BTGS, EGW slide stop, Baer MSH, EGW ignition system, and other top end components. The hard-chrome finish was applied by APW. It shoots great and functions flawlessly. Cosmetically, it is perfect. Once I really wring it out, I think it will replace my Wilson CQB Compact as my primary carry pistol because I am more comfortable with the full-size grip.

I have three other full house customs and have had work done on other pistols by some top smiths, and I recommend Bob Miller wholeheartedly.

Seth Harness
03-06-08, 06:16
Soooweet pistol!

Seth Harness
03-06-08, 06:24
I will hopefully purchase a Bushmaster ACR or a Springfield SOCOM 16.

I just talked to bushmaster yesterday. They said they wont be ready to ship until like august or something, and thats just the .223 version.

Nathan_Bell
03-06-08, 08:39
Probably an N4 and a can for it.

M&P 9

Maybe a FAL

Shihan
03-06-08, 11:43
Im selling every non PC weapon I own and will from this moment on only use revolvers and bolt action rifles.

Seth Harness
03-06-08, 16:44
Im selling every non PC weapon I own and will from this moment on only use revolvers and bolt action rifles.

...:eek:

Gun-nut
03-06-08, 18:22

Pfffffttt!, Whatever.:D :D

uranus
03-07-08, 13:26

Yeah, right. Me, too. :D

Maverick
03-07-08, 13:55
I have a few things on my to do list for 08

1) Kimber 1911 + clips and Ammo
2) 20 more AR clips
3) another 5000 .223 rounds
4) more .308 rounds
5) more 9mm rounds
6) 10,000 rounds of .22lr
7) reloading press
8) anything else I can get with out the wife finding out about.

Crap. I'm going to need a second job.

Seth Harness
03-07-08, 16:07
Going to a big local gun show tomorrow, hoping to come away with something worth while. Maybe some mags or a CTR stock or something.

JLM
03-08-08, 03:01
Mags
Ammo
Noveske 12.5 barrel
Another 9mm Pistol, not sure which yet.

bones
03-08-08, 10:43
Noveske complete N4 rifle.....hopefully monday
LMT complete lower
Denny,s Operator barrel
Aimpoint
Remington 870 shotgun

Seth Harness
03-08-08, 14:36
Going to a big local gun show tomorrow, hoping to come away with something worth while. Maybe some mags or a CTR stock or something.

Ended up getting a couple P-MAGS with windows (ODG no black left)and a MIAD grip. The guy wanted $10 bucks more for his CTR stocks than any online store. I may end up going back tomorrow and getting one, I'll pay close to that much in shipping probably anyways.

DANGER CLOSE
03-08-08, 16:11
ammo, ammo, and more ammo. i drained my supply and have to stock up now. i plan on getting:

sig p226 blackwater
m&p 40
m&p 45 dark earth
fn five-seven / ps90
kel-tec pf9, if i can find a dealer that can get one.:(

i am good on long guns for now.

RedMan*
03-08-08, 17:57

TBomb
03-08-08, 21:10
PMAGS with Ranger Plates - 30 at least
Mags for the M&P .40
Ammo - 5.56 and .40 S&W
Hopefully a LMT piston upper and LMT lower

Seth Harness
03-28-08, 23:09
leaning towards the masada and a M1a . and of course a few more mags

I think I agree on the Masada/ACR purchase. I may have changed my mind on the LWRC. :eek:

Lagadelphia
03-29-08, 15:03
Everything I am purchasing firearm wise this year is in preparation for a training class I am planning to attend this fall.

Thus far I've purchased:

Magpul CTR Milspec stock kit to replace my commercial entry stock set
Blueforce Gear Padded Vickers sling
Blueforce Gear sling adaptor
Streamlight TRL-1 Weapon light
More mags for my AR, 5 Pmags incoming.

Planned:

Ammo
Simple chest rig
Cammelback
Ammo
Paddle style kydex AR mag holder for belt
Ammo
Spare BCG for AR
Magazines for my G-35. Probably 3.
Mount for the streamlight for my AR. This will have to wait until I get my sling in. I may have to go with a different light for the AR.
Taller front sight post for AR
Night sights for the G-35 and the G-27 I have
Spare batteries for Aimpoint and Streamlight
Dedicated .22 upper and magazines so I can afford to practice what I will learn in class.

If budget allows:

Getting my AR barrel threaded for a FH
Different holster for the G-35. One that will accept the Streamlight also.
G-19, magazines, holster
Railed hand guards to make mounting of light and sling easier.

Severian
03-29-08, 19:43
blank

Seth Harness
03-29-08, 21:25
Right now I'm building this rifle (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=12691), and probably going to pick up 1911, most likely a Springfield Operator. Other than that, planning on getting lots more mags and ammo for all my guns.

I recently had a chance to handle a Springfield armory operator at a local gun shop... I have a very limited knowledge of 1911's but I still thought it was a Nice pistol.

Nice lookin rifle.

JSantoro
03-29-08, 23:33
A Trijicon TA-31 RCO.

A Para Ordnance 1911 SSP that I'll bump over to the pistolsmiths at the Quantico WTBn, so they can turn it into a MEU/SOC pistol.

I see a great deal of coin being dropped to take at least two each pistol and carbine courses, unless I can con the bosses into coughing up for it.

heijutsu
03-30-08, 10:52
1- Advantage Arms Glock .22 conversion
2- Bushmaster ACR
3- POF P-308
4- MSAR STG-556
5- Wilson Combat CQB Tactical LE
6- FN SCAR-L
7- Custom 24" VLTOR/POF AR

And of course lots of ammo.

stony275
03-30-08, 11:13
1: HK 416 upper (check)
2: SBR Lower Receiver (in progress)
3: LWRC 6.8 upper
4: .338 Spectre upper
5: Semi-custom 1911 .45 as a result of the Vickers Pistolsmith Class (May)
6: Arsenal Inc SLR 107

NetJunkie
03-30-08, 14:07
A lot...unfortunately. The unfortunate part is that I feel a need to do it quickly as next year is a big unknown.

Romanian PSL (Check)
FN PS90 (Check)
FN 5.7 (Check)
LMT 16" M4 (Check, as of last night. Sold a RRA to upgrade)
CZ75 SP-01 Custom Shop for USPSA Production (Check)
HK USC for UMP conversion (Check)
M&P .40 (Check)
M&P 9mm for my new son (Check)
M&P15T for the new kid (Check)
AR Lowers (Check)
DPMS LRT-SASS (On Order)
LMT Piston Rifle (On Order)
Bushmaster ACR
Sig 556 (This one I feel the need to have in the collection though I don't like it)
Noveske N4 of some sort
FN SCAR
Mags for everything
Ammo

Seth Harness
03-30-08, 15:50
A lot...unfortunately. The unfortunate part is that I feel a need to do it quickly as next year is a big unknown.

ROOOGER THAT.

RioGrandeGreen
03-30-08, 20:05
maybe a Ds arms 308 or a 6.8spc upper. I really got to save up for the 308.

bbvette427
03-30-08, 23:52
Ammo, and C6 Z06.

wild_wild_wes
03-31-08, 01:37
I need two Aimpoint T-1s.

VA_Dinger
03-31-08, 09:52
My 2008 wish list:

SLR-107FR
Another LMT M4
Masada/ACR
Try another AKS-74
16" HK416
HK45
16" FAL
Glock 19 - gently used genII model
M&P 9mm Medium - if they release one.

Seth Harness
03-31-08, 12:55
Ammo, and C6 Z06.

MUST BE NICE MONEY BAGS... :p :D

Gonna need a range report on that. You know 0-60, 0-100, cornering speeds etc... :D

JLM
03-31-08, 14:21
My 2008 wish list:

SLR-107FR
Another LMT M4
Masada/ACR
Try another AKS-74
16" HK416
HK45
16" FAL
Glock 19 - gently used genII model
M&P 9mm Medium - if they release one.

DSG FAL?

ckay
03-31-08, 22:03
I'd like to add an LMT to keep my RRA company...I'd like to build a 9mm AR also.

RojasTKD
04-01-08, 11:16
Assume the finances imporve by the end of the year I'd like to buy a few. If the opertunity arised to [ick one any or all of the fallowing I'd pick up:

1. A 2nd AR
2. Hahr cw9/cw40
3. KT P3AT
4. Masada/ACR

SO758
04-01-08, 14:52
Gonna buy another AR and more mags.

Palmguy
04-01-08, 15:29
LMT M4 (underway)
M&P9
More mags for M&Ps and XDs
A yet-to-be-determined 1911
Masada/ACR
A Sig 226/229 for my dad
Can for the P22
More 5.56, 9mm, and .45ACP

AMMOTECH
04-03-08, 19:24
-- New AR15 lower (Spikes) :D Done!
-- FNP9-M :D Done! Got it right here at the factory for a great price.

-- Glock 30 :( Waiting to sell/trade my Kimber

Been stocking up on ammo as funds allow and I've set up a training account to save up for a pistol course.

Seth Harness
04-03-08, 19:31
-- New AR15 lower (Spikes) :D Done!
-- FNP9-M :D Done! Got it right here at the factory for a great price.

-- Glock 30 :( Waiting to sell/trade my Kimber

Been stocking up on ammo as funds allow and I've set up a training account to save up for a pistol course.

What kimber model are you trying to sell/trade?

AMMOTECH
04-03-08, 19:40
What kimber model are you trying to sell/trade?

First Gen Classic Custom.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/AMMOTECH/STA75631.jpg
*those spots on the slide are oil*

- Low rounds count (less then 250)
- 3 Mags (2-Kimber, 1-unk)
- Chip McCormack rose wood grips (Set of AJAX Stambar Stags can also be had for extra $$)
- Wild Bill's concealment IWB holster

I have not priced them yet to see what I'm going to ask.
Message me on Monday if you have any questions; don't want to hi-jack this thread.

Seth Harness
04-06-08, 20:17
Nice pistol, If I wasnt saving for an ACR (as previously mentioned) I would be more than interested. A 1911 is next on the pistol list for me, and kimbers are nice guns for the price. IMHO.

Seth Harness
04-06-08, 20:30
Just recieved a goofy but kinda sobering E-mail tonight. It refers to the tax rebate checks saying something like...
If you buy gas with it it goes to the arabs
If you buy fruit or vegis with it, it will go to mexico or guatemala.
If you buy a new computer with it, it will go to india.
If you spend it at wal-mart it will go to china.
ETC...ETC...

All the more reason to spend it on an american made firearm or firearms. "Make it here, spend it here" sorta thing. So buy up. :D

Submariner
04-07-08, 07:02
All the more reason to spend it on an american made firearm or firearms. "Make it here, spend it here" sorta thing. So buy up. :D

U.S. Gold or Silver Eagle coins from the U.S. Mint. By law, made from U.S.-mined gold. Of course, profits will go to pay interest on U.S. debt to China and banksters.

We're spending it on U.S. trainers and MADE IN USA ammo.

GYates
04-08-08, 14:58
Mags
Ammo
Training

Shadow6
04-08-08, 15:06
Going to get my Ruger 22/45 and 10/22 threaded for either a TAC 65 or Mite. Have to sell a SKS w/ extras in order to fund these purchases, though.

Ridge_Runner_5
04-08-08, 17:52
Either an AK or a Socom II without the 150lbs of rails on it :P

friedcheese
04-09-08, 23:25
Another 10 -15 PMAGS.

One or two more AR15 lowers.

Another 5 to 10 "hi-cap" mags for each of the various pistols I have on hand next time Midway has them on sale.

A bayonet for the banned "again" barrel lug <sarcaism>

Maybe some factory 'tracer' and AP ammo in case that gets put on some super ban EBR list.

exitinyourhead
04-16-08, 14:31
A basic plain jain springfield GI 1911 to start the process of making a one of a kind masterpiece!

well i'm going to buy the pistol anyway.

11BInfantry
04-16-08, 15:13
Just picked up a SOCOM 16, Vltor Stock, tactical sling, and 10 20 round mags. Also just picked up a S&W M&P 15, A3 Upper, A.R.M.S. #40L-P Backup Iron Sight, tactical sling and 10 P-Mags with Ranger Plates.

Might pick up another pistol or two as well. :D

Hellfire
04-16-08, 16:04
Noveske N4 carbine/basic- ships next week:) , mags- AR and AK, and as much ammo as I can afford.

AllAmerican
04-16-08, 19:19
An LMT, and hopefully another Glock, I'd like a Mod 17..... Then lots more ammo before the price goes up anymore than it already has!

Line Rider
04-16-08, 22:13
Paid off a WASR 10/63
Bought a Lancaster Standard with Russian Red furniture
Bought extra AK magazines

Hoping to buy
AMMO AMMO AMMO
A few Butler Creek Steel Lips Magazine for my 10/22
Glock 35

patsue
04-17-08, 11:24
I think I am done for the year besides ammo.

Just bought a S&WMP15A and a used Aimpoint M2 to put on it. Got the M2 for $200! By the way, love the Smith AR.

Bought a brand new S&W 6906 from CDNN and love it for CCW.

Bought 500 rounds of Wolf 223 from Natchez last week for $140. :(

Only thing I might buy later is a Glock 19 if I can find a good used one.

Patrick

DZL HOG
04-17-08, 17:42
Hope to pick up a S&W M&P15(T?)while the rebate is still on. Only a few days left.
Probly a small CCW BUG like a Kel Tec 32 or 3AT.
Still undecided on M&P9c or XD9sc, I already have an XD9 4", but the grip prints terrible in CCW.
Some time or another a safe to put the ones i dont need readily available in, and of course ammo.

Seth Harness
04-17-08, 21:31
Hope to pick up a S&W M&P15(T?)while the rebate is still on. Only a few days left.
Probly a small CCW BUG like a Kel Tec 32 or 3AT.
Still undecided on M&P9c or XD9sc, I already have an XD9 4", but the grip prints terrible in CCW.
Some time or another a safe to put the ones i dont need readily available in, and of course ammo.

I to would like a quality safe, mine is a cheapy. Something in the 6 or $700 range. That wont be this year though.

KACSR15
04-18-08, 09:49
This year so far:
KAC SR15 Match (thank you my lovely wife!)
KAC BUIS- 600m adjustable rear and flip front
KAC Taupe rail covers
Leupold 3.5-10 Mk4 M1
Leupold Mk4 rings
Harris bi-pod
YHM bi-pod adaptor
US Optics cant indicator
Starlite case
Magpul MIAD full kit
Pre-ban 20rd mags (as I reside in a non-free state)
Ammo
Colt new complete A2 upper

Next:
LRB complete lower receiver
Compass Lake service rifle free float tube
Another Starlite case
More ammo
More magazines
Magpul PRS (dark earth for the SR15)
Safe

Beyond that I am not sure as of yet. Probably a 40XC-KS.:D

variablebinary
04-18-08, 09:59
I have 2 projects in the works that I will see to completion (Middy and Carbine). Other than that I dont have any sure-buys.

Maybes:

SCAR
HK416
G17
HK45c - Handgun of the year by far
XCR
SIG 229 elite
TRP1911
LWRC in the absence of a HK416

RogerinTPA
04-18-08, 17:31
Every time I try to limit my "fun" purchases because I have more "fun and stuff" than practically needed, I end up buying more....IT WILL NEVER END! I lack discipline...I need help!:eek:

AllAmerican
04-18-08, 17:41
Every time I try to limit my "fun" purchases because I have more "fun and stuff" than practically needed, I end up buying more....IT WILL NEVER END! I lack discipline...I need help!:eek:

Welcome to the club!!!

:)

Seth Harness
04-18-08, 17:50

My situation is like this...
when I say "and thats it" my wife says "yeah right", you know all in fun. Then I told her how much an ACR with necessary essentials was going to be, she just about shit. She was pretty pissed. I had no choice as we both work the budget together. So instead of one day finding the savings $3000 short, I was nice and gave her some time to prepare for it. :D

I should learn from stuff like this... But I just cant. Wait, I mean dont. :p :D

Seth Harness
06-25-08, 15:58
You know I may just switch my purchases all together. Maybe I'll get a new DI gun and convert to PWS or maybe one of Arnolds new babies. ;)

With all the new kick ass stuff out there, its hard to save money.

uspopo
06-25-08, 21:42
Since AMMO will be the new currency in the future I have to start stockpiling and at least another 12 PMAGS.

Stan

JoshNC
06-25-08, 21:56
One question... Did you win the lottery? :D

No, I wish. I am not buying all of this at once. My priorities are the SCAR, MASADA, and another Sig 556. I buy mags about ten or so at a time to spread the cost over time.

No lottery, just have a wife who accepts my hobby and understands that our gov't is always trying to limit our ability to purchase these items.

CLHC
06-25-08, 22:09
Before finding this place (M4C) and beginning the 7th of May I bought the following:

Remington 870 XCS Marine Magnum
Noveske N4 Recce Light Low-Profile 16" N4LR
Glock 19

Picking up a Beretta 90-Two later on next month.

Hopefully (funds permitting) I'll be able to purchase either the LMT MRP CQB or Colt 6920. Too bad I can't get me one of these SBRs here in Washington state. :(

Ridge_Runner_5
06-25-08, 22:41
Since AMMO will be the new currency in the future I have to start stockpiling and at least another 12 PMAGS.

Stan

+1 picking up half a case of 5.56 tomorrow after work!

theJanitor
06-25-08, 22:43
i bought 3 AR's this year, and a Colt 1911 is at the gunshop waiting for my paperwork to clear (12 more days!).

probably a G21sf and a ar10 is next.

gishooter
06-25-08, 22:59
removed, changed

Seth Harness
06-26-08, 17:40
No lottery, just have a wife who accepts my hobby and understands that our gov't is always trying to limit our ability to purchase these items.

Well put. I guess my wife is OK with my purchases, as long as its alittle at a time.

gishooter
06-26-08, 18:29
removed, changed

Iraqgunz
06-27-08, 05:22
Hopefully in the next 90 days or so.

1. Glock 17 and 26
2. Piston upper (Either PWS or ADS)
3. Troy MCS stock for the SOCOM II
4. 5.56 can
5. Aimpoint M4S
6. More ammo and mags

CLHC
06-27-08, 09:13
That's right! No use having firearms if there's no ammo and insufficient magazines eh? :eek:

More ammunition and magazines. I need to stock up on these this year! :D

My_First_M4
06-27-08, 09:31
So far I've gotten a Ruger 10/22 with Tapco stock, Sig Mosquito, Sig P225/p6, old Sears Ted Williams 20 gauge pump and my M4gery just arrived! I plan on a 1911, a larger caliber upper for the AR, and possibly a .30 cal. M1 carbine - wife permitting of course!!! The main purchase for now will be large quantities of ammo, as I don't see it coming down in price, and I fear what November will bring for gun owners. Get what you can fellows!!!!

Seth Harness
06-29-08, 20:05
So far I've gotten a Ruger 10/22 with Tapco stock, Sig Mosquito, Sig P225/p6, old Sears Ted Williams 20 gauge pump and my M4gery just arrived! I plan on a 1911, a larger caliber upper for the AR, and possibly a .30 cal. M1 carbine - wife permitting of course!!! The main purchase for now will be large quantities of ammo, as I don't see it coming down in price, and I fear what November will bring for gun owners. Get what you can fellows!!!!

Agreed. AMMO AND MAGS! Depending on a possible ammo registration and an up in price, I may buy another case of ammo in the next couple months.

AllAmerican
06-29-08, 20:15
+1
I have already tripled what I had expected to buy and I expect to spend a lot more in the next 127 days.... Money is not really an issue it seems now, though I am single, and don't have a family to support.
I guess another rifle, (LMT) and more ammo, ammo, ammo, and mags, another red dot.... and all the other accessories that go along with the typical arsenal.
It never ends!!!! :(

Good luck to everybody in the next 4 years!

decodeddiesel
06-29-08, 23:04
So far this year I have picked up my PX9109LP and my GSG-5. I would still like to SBR my GSG-5 for one, and pick up a 5.56 can (can't decide which one or find a decent CL-3 dealer for that matter), but I would like another rifle but I just can't decide which one. I already have a non-NFA general purpose carbine (16" LMT Defender), and I would like either a SBR or a Mk.12 clone. Ah decisions...

Seth Harness
06-30-08, 17:10
I would like another rifle but I just can't decide which one. Ah decisions...

Roger that, Im with you there.

Tango374
07-02-08, 13:10
LMT build and a few more mags

TheActivePatriot
07-04-08, 09:38
Canned food, first aid supplies, and more ammunition. If the Reds get Osama Hussein in the White House, fancy new rifles are a bit of a waste. I can only carry one.

M4arc
07-04-08, 10:23
I know I've posted in this thread before but my list has changed a little bit.

In addition to ammo here's what I know have planned:

1. 2 Gen G19
2. Khyber Pass build
3. M&P9c
4. M&P45 (not sure which size yet)

POF.Ops
07-04-08, 12:02
Hi, First post here. I looked at a few other AR15 forums before deciding on this one. I sold/traded a few guns to end up with what I have as listed in my signature. I just purchased the POF-USA and I am very impressed with it. I'm adding a Streamlight TLR2, AAC M4-2000 Mod 08, and Blueforce Vickers sling to it.

Photos are posted at the following links.

http://cid-f0aac2f41b9d1344.spaces.live.com/photos/cns!F0AAC2F41B9D1344!241/?startingImageIndex=0&commentsExpand=0&addCommentExpand=0&addCommentFocus=0&pauseSlideshow=0

http://cid-f0aac2f41b9d1344.spaces.live.com/photos/cns!F0AAC2F41B9D1344!232/?startingImageIndex=0&commentsExpand=0&addCommentExpand=0&addCommentFocus=0&pauseSlideshow=0

http://cid-f0aac2f41b9d1344.spaces.live.com/photos/cns!F0AAC2F41B9D1344!197/

slamb750
07-04-08, 14:23
AR10. Probably a DPMS SASS. Looking at the Glock 21SF.

BushmasterSOH
07-05-08, 00:09
Well, as a new gun conisour I have started picked up bit and pieces after reading a lot here at M4C and the wife can't believe it. She understands that it is hard to tell what is to come, so get it while I can. I hate to sound stupid, but is the likelyhood of cans and stamps go sky high too? If so, this will be taken care of too.

1. LMT complete lower w/ 2 stage trigger and SOPMOD (check)
2. Complete SBR upper w/ can at Grants suggestions. He suggested waiting a few months, but I can't remember what he said for. Maybe the LMT piston.
2. GSG-5 (check - all I have to go do is pick it up)
3. Masada/ACR
4. 1 RRA .223 lower - possible 22lr w/ can project
5. 1 RRA 9mm lower
6. A custom engraved Anvil Arms .223 lower
7. A couple PMags every time I go to the store
8. 2 cases of .223 on order (probably more to come)

Broadway
07-05-08, 20:39
Noveske N4 Light Recce upper
5.56 can
Ammo

CLHC
07-05-08, 23:16
Got to calculating some of my expenses here and thinking maybe I can justify my first 1911, in fact my first .45 ACP! Hmmm. . .Will see. :p

Seth Harness
07-06-08, 08:51
Got to calculating some of my expenses here and thinking maybe I can justify my first 1911, in fact my first .45 ACP! Hmmm. . .Will see. :p

I wouldnt mind having a 1911, I thought maybe I would just dump the whole rifle idea and get a bad ass wilson or something... I dunno just a thought.

GUNSLINGER67
07-08-08, 08:11
Ive picked up 12-13 guns this year so far. I need to invest in more mags and lots more ammo.

Ive picked up 10 more AK mags already and have 10 ARs on their way this week............but need(want) alot more. Especially AR-10s.

Im looking at a PTR-91 and/or a DSA FAL with a para stock.

Desicions , desicions.:confused:

TurretGunner
07-08-08, 09:15
g19

More AK74 Mags

Possibly a Bulgarian Krink in 5.45 if Funds permit

thebigx
07-08-08, 09:40
no so much as buying... but turning one or two of my current builds into SBRs... well, i guess i'd have to buy the barrels! LOL

CLHC
07-08-08, 15:48
I wouldnt mind having a 1911, I thought maybe I would just dump the whole rifle idea and get a bad ass wilson or [/B]something[/B]... I dunno just a thought.
You know, I was thought[ing] about that. Got to fondle something called a Kimber, STI and then one of those S&W M&P.45. over the weekend. "The things that make you go hmmm. . ."

el guapo
07-08-08, 17:31
LMT lower is on the way. Just need to decide on an upper. Leaning towards a 14.5 MRP.

RogerinTPA
07-08-08, 21:13

Stan

AMEN Bro...I buy a case or two of 223 ammo every month, and pistol ammo 9mm, .40 & .45 every other month, weather I shoot it up or not.

Bulldog1967
07-08-08, 21:22
I don't need any more gear.

I need more ammo and some more structured training.

Seth Harness
11-11-08, 20:51
I had to dig to find this thread.
I ordered an XCR today 11/11, they told me it would ship by 12/5 and I should have it by 12/10, I cant wait.
I'll probably post pics even though nobody cares and everybody has seen one before. :D
I bought 5 more P-mag also.

Dualspringfields
11-11-08, 20:54
Extra bolt or two,few firing pins.

AMMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seth Harness
11-11-08, 20:58
Extra bolt or two,few firing pins.

AMMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah forgot. I got my mother in law to buy me 500 rounds for christmas. :D

Dualspringfields
11-11-08, 21:00
You Dog!!!!!!!! Mine only gets me under wear. I cant ever get anyone to buy me ammo for Xmas or my birthday.

POF.Ops
11-11-08, 21:56
I've been busy lately... First it was a .223 conversion for my Dillon RL550B. Then it was 10x30rd USGI black teflon mags plus full Magpul upgrades from Bravo Company. I'm glad I have a CCW license because I can have my new M&P45 5" w/Insight Procyon weapon light the same day. The government finally had enough red tape and released my AAC M4-2000 to me for my POF after a 3 month wait. After a little bit of minor FFL hassle I picked up my private party GAP Crusader today. Next week a Schmidt und Bender 4-16x50 from a private party will show up on my doorstep to make the Crusader complete. Now all I need is more ammo and components!

RogerinTPA
11-11-08, 22:31
The title of this thread should be updated to read: "What would I be buying of anything was in stock".

Seth Harness
11-12-08, 16:29
I've been busy lately... First it was a .223 conversion for my Dillon RL550B. Then it was 10x30rd USGI black teflon mags plus full Magpul upgrades from Bravo Company. I'm glad I have a CCW license because I can have my new M&P45 5" w/Insight Procyon weapon light the same day. The government finally had enough red tape and released my AAC M4-2000 to me for my POF after a 3 month wait. After a little bit of minor FFL hassle I picked up my private party GAP Crusader today. Next week a Schmidt und Bender 4-16x50 from a private party will show up on my doorstep to make the Crusader complete. Now all I need is more ammo and components!

I think ammo should be a free gift if you buy enough shit. My budget cant support alot. It sucks that I couldnt buy two rifles instead of one, all because I have to figure for $1000 in ammo, and thats still only 3K rounds... But hey, what good is a rifle without ammo. Man, why do I always pic the "tall cash" hobbies. :D

JSantoro
11-12-08, 16:40
Literally just got through ordering an N4 Low Profile Upper, and I'm already pining for it!

Line Rider
11-12-08, 18:39
Paid off a WASR 10/63
Bought a Lancaster Standard with Russian Red furniture
Bought extra AK magazines

Hoping to buy
AMMO AMMO AMMO
A few Butler Creek Steel Lips Magazine for my 10/22
Glock 35

I've bought so far...
DPMS AR 15 flat top with 20" bbl :)
7.62 X 39 Wolf MC and BB about 2500 rounds
AK mag and PMags
Glock 21 Mag

I haven't bought any 5.56. That's the next buy. I'd still like to have a few Butler Creek 10/22 mags. I'll still like to have a Glock 34 or 35 but...:(

I guess the next purchases will be ammo, mags, and parts.

kscop
11-12-08, 19:23
Ammo, some AR-10 lowers, and a Noveske 6.8 Barrel Group.

R1pper
11-13-08, 09:02
Hopefully I can get everything on this list.

M&P .45 Full size and Mid size
Mossberg 930 SPX
A Second AR possible a 20" SPR
More Pmags with Ranger Plates
At least Two Classes
As Much Ammo as I can get my greedy hands on
And assorted Gear

-DM-

Got the Full Size, but bought a 1911 instead
Mossberg 930 SPX= Mossy 590A1
Got More PMags w/ ranger pulls
No classes but got a ton of training through work
Ammo= Bought a reloading set up
Didnt really need more gear

crash5150
11-21-08, 22:34
Just finished an M16A4 clone (minus ACOG :( )
Still waiting on the 6.8 LWRC (Ordered in Jan. 08, yes Jan.)
Waiting on a new FAL from DSA
Grabbed another 6920 last month
Looks like I'm gonna pick up a 556 this week

Other than that, mainly want more ammo, mags, a couple of uppers (LMT & Noveske) and a bigger safe (Looks like more overtime :( )

Seth Harness
11-21-08, 22:51
Still waiting on the 6.8 LWRC

I wanted an M6A3 (6.8) so bad, to much $ and no definite ETA.
Hopefully yours is well worth the wait, Good luck.

crash5150
11-21-08, 22:56
I hope so too. I was informed the other day that a batch of 6.8s are being delivered in two weeks and mine should be in that batch, I've got my fingers crossed.