PDA

View Full Version : Noveske upper from one place / comp from another

Armadillo
12-26-12, 19:29
Looking to get a Noveske 14.5 Afghan w/NSR in stainless with a BCM Gunfighter comp.

The BCM Gunfighter comp is not in stock at the moment.

Is there a way to get the complete upper without a flash hider or comp while I wait for the BCM Gunfighter comp to become available.

I presume it would just have the threads, right?

I live in Mass, so not sure if that is possible.

In the mean time I'll wait for the BCM and have my local gunsmith put it on when it comes in.

So, how can I get the complete upper ready to accept the BCM Gunfighter comp?

Skyyr
12-26-12, 20:54
Looking to get a Noveske 14.5 Afghan w/NSR in stainless with a BCM Gunfighter comp.

Is there a way to get the complete upper without a flash hider or comp while I wait for the BCM Gunfighter comp to become available.

In the mean time I'll wait for the BCM and have my local gunsmith put it on when it comes in.

Noveske offers multiple muzzle brakes and flash hiders, however you'd need to special order one with the BCM comp (provided they do indeed offer it). They also offer them without, but again, they need to be special ordered. They aren't taking orders from individuals right now, so that means that your options are:

Wait and hope that they go through their backlog fast enough to start taking orders, then wait for yours to be built and shipped.
Order it through a dealer and hope that Noveske gets through their backlog fast enough to get to your dealers orders, then wait for it to be built and shipped.
Order the first 14.5" stainless NSR upper you see, regardless of muzzle device, then send it to Adco or another reputable smith and have them remove the existing device, install and pin a BCM comp, and then send it back to you.

Right now is a really bad time to wait for factory offerings exactly how you want them. I'd just buy whatever 14.5" NSR you can find and have it smithed to your specifications.

On a side note, a lot of NSR uppers are coming with Battlecomps and those are relatively easy to find. You may want to give one of those a try before deciding on the BCM comp.

ROG Tactical
12-26-12, 21:04

You sure can. I have special ordered a few without muzzle devices already.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Korgs130
12-27-12, 02:08
I'd email Rainier Arms. I have no doubt they can help you get what you want.

Stickman
12-27-12, 02:32

I thought MA was an AWB state, or does that not matter for this application? Just curious.

scooter22
12-27-12, 02:38
I'd email Rainier Arms. I have no doubt they can help you get what you want.

This, no doubt.

Delta_Elite
12-27-12, 07:41
I thought MA was an AWB state, or does that not matter for this application? Just curious.

Pinned comps and Brakes ok in mass. No flash hiders. I run pinned 14.5's with comps.

Armadillo
12-27-12, 07:51

I think that might be a problem if it comes with threads and no comp. Not sure though.

Delta_Elite
12-27-12, 08:04
If its a barrel or upper, don't put it in a rifle until its got a comp pinned. A complete rifle shipped this was would be a problem. I usually get stripped barrels and they are compliant upon completion of assembly before they are ever put on a gun.

the bull
12-27-12, 10:18
Noveske offers multiple muzzle brakes and flash hiders, however you'd need to special order one with the BCM comp (provided they do indeed offer it). They also offer them without, but again, they need to be special ordered. They aren't taking orders from individuals right now, so that means that your options are:

Wait and hope that they go through their backlog fast enough to start taking orders, then wait for yours to be built and shipped.
Order it through a dealer and hope that Noveske gets through their backlog fast enough to get to your dealers orders, then wait for it to be built and shipped.
Order the first 14.5" stainless NSR upper you see, regardless of muzzle device, then send it to Adco or another reputable smith and have them remove the existing device, install and pin a BCM comp, and then send it back to you.

Right now is a really bad time to wait for factory offerings exactly how you want them. I'd just buy whatever 14.5" NSR you can find and have it smithed to your specifications.

On a side note, a lot of NSR uppers are coming with Battlecomps and those are relatively easy to find. You may want to give one of those a try before deciding on the BCM comp.

Who is going to be the best to order a upper from, noveske or a dealer?

Armadillo
12-27-12, 11:12
Who is going to be the best to order a upper from, noveske or a dealer?

The Noveske site says they can only be bought from dealers.

I'll have to contact Rainier or G & R Tactical.

krisjon
12-27-12, 11:14
For the forseeable future, Noveske will send you to a dealer for ordering. Your best bet is Mike @ ROGTAC, Rainier Arms or Grant at G&R. All are great to deal with, but Mike is simply amazing on the customer service front when it comes to hard-to-get Noveske stuff. I just got an NSR upper from him recently.

Delta_Elite
12-27-12, 11:27
For the forseeable future, Noveske will send you to a dealer for ordering. Your best bet is Mike @ ROGTAC, Rainier Arms or Grant at G&R. All are great to deal with, but Mike is simply amazing on the customer service front when it comes to hard-to-get Noveske stuff. I just got an NSR upper from him recently.

Both are awesome places!

Armadillo
12-27-12, 12:26
Both are awesome places!

Sold out at Rainier. I'm on the notify list.

Sold out at Rogtac.

Not on G & R website.

krisjon
12-27-12, 12:46
Sold out at Rainier. I'm on the notify list.

Sold out at Rogtac.

Not on G & R website.

Contact Mike Ko directly at ROGTAC. He'll be able to give you a better indication of what will be available/what's coming in/and when. Things are obviously crazy right now, but it's always better to talk to someone vs. relying on web/email updates. Mike is absolutely awesome on this front.

Armadillo
12-27-12, 13:18
Contact Mike Ko directly at ROGTAC. He'll be able to give you a better indication of what will be available/what's coming in/and when. Things are obviously crazy right now, but it's always better to talk to someone vs. relying on web/email updates. Mike is absolutely awesome on this front.

Thank you.

I sent an inquiry to Mike.

ROG Tactical
12-27-12, 13:22
This is what you get when you buy a Noveske upper without a muzzle device...a Noveske branded thread protector.

http://s4e5fc2d16a332.img.gostorego.com/802754/cdn/media/s4/e5/fc/2d/16/a3/32/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/img_3150.jpg

midSCarolina
12-27-12, 14:23
If its a barrel or upper, don't put it in a rifle until its got a comp pinned. A complete rifle shipped this was would be a problem. I usually get stripped barrels and they are compliant upon completion of assembly before they are ever put on a gun.

I am not sure if I understand what you were saying correctly but you can't have an upper receiver w/ a total barrel length of less than 16" in the same house as a lower receiver unless the lower is SBR registered. This is obviously regardless of whether the rifle is "assembled" or not.

Korgs130
12-27-12, 21:56

You definitely want to talk to a dealer and place an order. There is no additional cost to have Noveske make you exactly what you want.

Armadillo
12-27-12, 22:16
You definitely want to talk to a dealer and place an order. There is no additional cost to have Noveske make you exactly what you want.

I've been I contact with Mike Ko at ROGTAC. So far his customer service has been exceptional. My uppers will be ordered. I also had to decide what length NSR rail. I went with the 13.5 after reviewing the pros and cons. I'm getting the Noveske thread caps and will try to get the BCM comp for my gunsmith to put on later.

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread.

Korgs130
12-27-12, 23:24
No problem. Let us know how it works out for you.