PDA

View Full Version : Cobry m11 9mm??

smokenssz
12-27-12, 15:08
I'm looking at purchasing a Corby m11 9mm for $550 or trade for a glock 26. My question is are these guns any good? It's supposed to be an original cobry m11 (whatever that means). I just don't know if they are worth having guns in a semi auto form or worthless unless they are full auto? Please enlighten me since this it all new territory for me! Thank you!

Arik
12-27-12, 15:20
I remember them being turds but regardless i'd keep the G26 its a much more useful tool

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

WickedWillis
12-27-12, 15:43
I owned a Cobray M11 for a few months a few years back. When It shot, it was a blast. pretty shotty in accuracy and it jammed nearly every 4 rounds regardless of ammo. It ran pretty well for about 50 rounds after proper cleaning and lube before any more malfunctions. I may have just got a lemon, but thats the general consensus. You should not trade away a reliable G26 for a shitty Thug gun, In my honest opinion.

smokenssz
12-27-12, 16:04
I owned a Cobray M11 for a few months a few years back. When It shot, it was a blast. pretty shotty in accuracy and it jammed nearly every 4 rounds regardless of ammo. It ran pretty well for about 50 rounds after proper cleaning and lube before any more malfunctions. I may have just got a lemon, but thats the general consensus. You should not trade away a reliable G26 for a shitty Thug gun, In my honest opinion.

I gotcha.. I was curious since it looks pretty cool but I did not want a piece of junk gun:no:

kaltesherz
12-27-12, 17:26
Run don't walk away, not worth playing gangsta- if you want to feel like a G just shoot your Glock sideways- Cobrays are generally just jamming machines

FlyingHunter
12-27-12, 20:33
My favorite quote from a friend regarding a Mac -11...the absolutely finest choice in weapons should you need to storm a phone booth.

7 RING
12-27-12, 21:42
Don't trade ! I believe you would be disappointed with the Cobray.

evilblackgun
12-28-12, 02:56
My friend had one many moon's ago and it was a very reliable fun range toy we would shoot through a few hundred rounds almost every range trip. I also think that $550 is too much I'd offer $400 and work from there as for the Glock 26 I would keep it because I'm sure $550 or less is not going to break your piggy bank on another range toy.

exiledtoIA
12-29-12, 15:48
The M-11's are very handy if you plan on fighting in an elevator, or a small closet.
They have a well deserved reputation for being problem children.
If all you want is a range toy or something to freak your anti-gun inlaws with, go for it.
Otherwise " just say NO "

KalashniKEV
12-29-12, 19:45
Useless in Semiautomatic form.

Slap a Lage upper on a Full Auto though and you have the best bang for your buck in the machine gun game.

As far as your situation- keep the Glock.